• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Are any of you parents? How do you deal with your children and ABism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragsnick

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer, Private
Is any of you are parents how exactly do you act with your children? I mean do they know about the ABism? Or at least about the diapers? I'm really curious as me and my GF often discuss this (Not all that seriously mind you just cuz where bored) but I'm really curious about it.

Me and my GF have concluded is that we tell the kid/kids about wearing them but just don't tell why or anything else. But yeah I'm really curious about how or what to do if they found out about the baby items... overall how do AB parents deal with the ABism with there kids around?

BrattyBaby28

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Not a parent, but plan to be some day. When I am, I honestly plan to hide it all from them. None of their business, really, and they probably don't want to know about it.

I wouldn't even tell them I wear diapers, because if you leave it at that, there are bound to be questions - kids are curious. :twocents:

mirrored

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Not a parent, but plan to be some day. When I am, I honestly plan to hide it all from them. None of their business, really, and they probably don't want to know about it.

I wouldn't even tell them I wear diapers, because if you leave it at that, there are bound to be questions - kids are curious. :twocents:
And they also talk a lot. :D

Role
Other

I'm willing to bet if you did tell them, things might happen depending on how old they are:

1. (If the aren't potty trained, it'd probably be a little harder to potty train them.) "Why can't I wear diapers? Daddy/Mommy wears them!"

2. (If they are potty trained, but still in elementary school, kids really can't keep secrets.) "Hey, guess what? I'm more mature then my Daddy/Mommy! Because he/she still wears diapers!"

3. (Once they hit junior high and through highschool, especially during their rebellious phase, they'll try to use it against you.) "Why should I listen to someone who shits him/herself!?"

Granted, that's only my two cents on it, but I think BrattyBaby28 is right about hiding it.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
I would keep it from them, because it's none of their damn business, and it would probably be psychologically damaging if they did know (as with anything sexual).

I'd have all my stuff locked away, and though I'm sure we would have our personal ab moments in front of them occasionally, it wouldn't be anything too extreme. Nothing more than we do in front of friends that don't know.

If, when they got older and nosy, they came across something we wished they hadn't, then we will have an open discussion. But I would hope they'd be much older (teens).

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
IDK, I grew up in a very open home, I seen a playboy before I was even in 3rd grade. An I knew more than any kid my age. An I grew up alright. I can/have told my mom/dad anything I ever needed to/wanted to. I was never scared to ask them anything, In the long run I would like ot think it also made me safer. But I was ready/able to handle.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I'm willing to bet if you did tell them, things might happen depending on how old they are:

1. (If the aren't potty trained, it'd probably be a little harder to potty train them.) "Why can't I wear diapers? Daddy/Mommy wears them!"

2. (If they are potty trained, but still in elementary school, kids really can't keep secrets.) "Hey, guess what? I'm more mature then my Daddy/Mommy! Because he/she still wears diapers!"

3. (Once they hit junior high and through highschool, especially during their rebellious phase, they'll try to use it against you.) "Why should I listen to someone who shits him/herself!?"

Granted, that's only my two cents on it, but I think BrattyBaby28 is right about hiding it.

I am sure the kids will keep it a secret about their mom or dad wearing because they be too embarrassed and they wouldn't want to get teased about it. Kids can tease kids about their brother or sister or their mom or dad for any reason.

Role
Other
I am sure the kids will keep it a secret about their mom or dad wearing because they be too embarrassed and they wouldn't want to get teased about it. Kids can tease kids about their brother or sister or their mom or dad for any reason.
True, but that still leaves the other two scenarios as possibilities.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
not at this age you can insult an actual person for days but thier family especialy parents and entire school is against you

and i plan on having it locked up, probably my entire bedroom but then again kids always sleep with their parents so who knows i don't have to worry for a long time

Little2Roo

Published Author
Company Rep
Role
Babyfur, Little
Well, first off, I'm gay. So, if I had kids they would already be exposed to an "alternate" lifestyle -- telling their friends "I have two daddies", "My daddies kiss," "My daddies hold hands," etc... So, I think to myself, what would I want them to think about diapers?

I guess I would want them to not feel ashamed or embarrassed about diapers, that diapers are somehow only for babies. I would tell them that "daddy" or "your daddies" wear diapers to bed because sometimes we have accidents, and that's OKAY. If they go around telling their friends, that information will have to compete with the aforementioned -- "My daddies kiss, hold hands, sleep together, etc...

Don't get me wrong, potty training would NOT be an option. My kids would be potty trained about the same time as everybody else. After potty training, they would have the "option" of wearing diapers again to bed for "protection" against accidents, NOT to go back to being un-potty trained.

Hope this all makes sense.
:twocents:
MyWorld

dragsnick

Est. Contributor
Role
Don't get me wrong, potty training would NOT be an option. My kids would be potty trained about the same time as everybody else. After potty training, they would have the "option" of wearing diapers again to bed for "protection" against accidents, NOT to go back to being un-potty trained.
This is what I was thining of. I mean it's possible they can get adjusted to it... I honetly don't know what I'd do. Like another poster has said they could hold it against you and they can talk about it. But then again you can simply just tell other people. "The underwear are baggie" Cuz well little kids think parents are wearing diapers also and what not.... But it's a rough decision... ya know? I wouuldn't like to lie to my children... I dunno honestly.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'll answer this one from the other side of parenthood and from my school counselor mode... mmm-kay?

I had AB/DL interests before my children were born. For their entire live, I have never demonstrated any AB/DL behavior or activities in front of them. No AB/DL items or clothing have ever been out of lock and key access in my home or property. Any activities related to AB/DL have remained in my locked bedroom while my sons lived or visited my house. My grandchildren will never be exposed to this side of my life but will always know and remember their "Poppy" to be a loving and gentle man.

What single people and couples do prior to having children will and should change after they have children. Overt adult sexuality is never appropriate around children, and your teens won't ever even want to picture you having even Vanilla sex - let alone some full on kink fest. I do not think it would be acceptable to be 24/7 with growing children in your home. Extreme discretion would be the absolute course. This isn't really an option. Just because you can do certain things as an adult, doesn't mean that you are entitled to do these things in front of your children. If you want to be 24/7 and live in this freedom regarding all aspects of your sexuality and AB/DL lifestyle, don't even consider having children, ever.

Be your child to each other if that's what floats your boat, otherwise keep it completely to yourself.

On a side note, if any of my family (other than my wife): children, grandchildren etc. were to ever tell me of their involvement in AB/DL activities. I would not make this an aspect of my relationship with them i.e., telling them of my experiences etc. and this would not be a topic of conversation with them.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
This topic goes along with a similar thread and poll I made before. I think it was back on TBDL, so no archives of the responses are available now. Anyway, the overwhelming vote was to NEVER involve your kids in any way, shape, or form with your AB activities. Not when they're little, not when they're teens, not even when they reach adulthood, move out, and start families of their own! It's your own private adult *thing* and should remain as such.

Diapered Rabbit is fortunate he has an understanding mate to share his fetish with. In my case, I know my wife would never be able to handle knowing about it due to emotional issues she's had to deal with most of her adult life. So, not only do I have to keep my AB side hidden from our kids who still live at home, but from my wife also.

This week my wife and daughter made one of their trips to visit her mom in another state, with my son and I staying home due to work. Normally, as I've posted in the past, it was a week when I could have time to myself to let the AB in me *out* for some fun. However, now my son works in the same office as I do and we ride to work together. Since he's now around the house and with me most waking hours (he used to work in retail on a different schedule leaving me with some alone time at night) I don't dare get any of my AB items out of hiding to enjoy. No way do I want him to catch me laying in bed with my baby blanket, or sucking on my bottle in the morning, or even relaxing in one of the prams in my collection. I know he would freak out and if my wife found out she'd go to pieces over it.

My advice: don't even think of showing your AB side to your kids - EVER!!! No matter how well you think they may take it.

~Pramrider

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
My advice: don't even think of showing your AB side to your kids - EVER!!! No matter how well you think they may take it.

~Pramrider
And the same goes for the ball gag, the blindfolds, the handcuffs, the edible undies, the his and hers matching dildo set, the catwoman outfit, and the reins and saddle.

Last edited:

Prussic_aux

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If, and I mean if I even have kids at all, It'd be absolutely none of their business. However, if they were into a fetish or something, learning from my parents I would probably be pretty accepting about it. There's no point being a hypocrite about it.
I would definitely not want to be like my parents, they are not open to anything. If I told them about my fetish then I would be disowned by them.

But yeah, kids for me is a LONG way away yet ;)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I agree with Diapered Rabbit and Pramrider. I never let my children know what I was into. Imagine the more extremes since AB is usually a fetish. Here are my whips and chains children. Daddy likes to take a good beating, but it's OK because the sex is great after. There are many, many things parents do not share with their children, just as there are many things our children don't share with us. The wise parent knows where the lines are drawn.

As parents, we always are role models. We teach by example. We want to give our children a good start in life, teach them the rules of society, teach them our ideas of right and wrong. When they become older, they should have the tools to make their own decisions. We can only be there to love and support them. But we shouldn't freak them out.

Kids get a good grounding in what is acceptable behavior from their friends in schools, as well as teachers, television (sometimes) and other sources. As real people, we have our flaws, or kinks, and every once in a while, give into those desires. If they don't hurt anyone else, who cares. But that doesn't mean that we share those things with our children. They simply aren't mature enough to understand all what makes us human.

Role
Other
This is what I was thining of. I mean it's possible they can get adjusted to it... I honetly don't know what I'd do. Like another poster has said they could hold it against you and they can talk about it. But then again you can simply just tell other people. "The underwear are baggie" Cuz well little kids think parents are wearing diapers also and what not.... But it's a rough decision... ya know? I wouuldn't like to lie to my children... I dunno honestly.
It's not lying if they don't ask. Besides even if they ask, there are somethings children don't need to know about their parents; the parents' sex-life is a big one. Take the advice and wisdom from the three wise men (Yes, from now on I'll be refering to you three as that, as a term of respect and endearment).

Kyler

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Well, first off, I'm gay. So, if I had kids they would already be exposed to an "alternate" lifestyle -- telling their friends "I have two daddies", "My daddies kiss," "My daddies hold hands," etc... So, I think to myself, what would I want them to think about diapers?

I guess I would want them to not feel ashamed or embarrassed about diapers, that diapers are somehow only for babies. I would tell them that "daddy" or "your daddies" wear diapers to bed because sometimes we have accidents, and that's OKAY. If they go around telling their friends, that information will have to compete with the aforementioned -- "My daddies kiss, hold hands, sleep together, etc...

Hope this all makes sense.
:twocents:
MyWorld
That...kinda says it....sorta. I think i'd only tell them if they asked. I'd want to have a house where they would be able/unafraid to ask questions. But yeah, they should NOT be involved in the activities in the least! It should be kept a secret, and if they do ask, certain things should be left out. Maybe the explanation of an accident at work, etc. And any *B related items should not be flaunted about the household.

But let me throw something new out there. What would you do if they confided in you about being a TB? I think that might be an even trickier question...

Last edited:

dragsnick

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm not saying show them your AB side. What I"m saying is the diaper thing alone ya know? I guess it's easy enough to hide diapers from kids. So long as you keep em under your clothes and what not... disposing should be easy enough... I guess its not that hard just keep it comletly under lock and key. Ugh having kids is gonna be a pain. At times I just don't want to be a parent. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.