Are any N scale trains and/or RR history buffs here?

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've been buying N scale since I first planned an "around the walls N scale empire" in 99-2000 which was derailed after building the frame work, mounting it to the walls with custom shelving/drawers underneath etc and then in 2004 I woke up with a 105+ fever and life as I knew it smashed into a wall, hard! I do still buy anthracite RR stuff as I find and can afford it but really got into books on RR History and have to have over 150 of them now, and the vast majority are not picture books.

Once I'm divorced I do hope to FINALLY build a long awaited prototypical model RR though that's at least 2-3 yrs in the future as I REFUSE to pay off the debt she racked up in '19 when I spent the majority of the year working in TN. LONG STORY but I'm "letting her" pay off all the debt in her name by herself!

Oh well, hoping to find other RR buffs here.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

Hoksiyopa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I love anything RR related. My mom retired from the BNSF. She started with Frisco back in the 70's then it went to BN and finally BNSF. According to her BN bought SF just to get their CEO. Would love to get in to model RR if I had the space, money and time.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When I was a kid, over a half century ago, my dad and I used to do a lot of HO scale layout things together. Having grown up less than a hundred yards from the railroad track that went through my town I’ve always had an interest in railroading. Recently I’ve been thinking about getting back into, but with N scale, or possibly smaller, just to reduce the space needed. I’d like to restrict the layout to 1 or 2 sheets of 4’x8’ plywood. Nowadays I’d have to be wearing my 3 powers to be able to put something as small as N, O, or Z scale on the tracks.

Chrissie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
UK DL and railroad fan here. My favourite roads are Erie, New York Ontario & Western, Middletown & New Jersey and “the route of Phoebe Snow” - the Lackawanna.
Stayed in Middletown twice in the mid sixties and 1970 on family visit to a great aunt.
I model in HO and 0.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Ex-pilot here. Untill my 20's did a few in H0 scale. But all of that is gone.

craigd1341

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I’m a major Lionel lover. I have one hanging layout hanging in my Star Wars room and I’m building the next one in my bedroom. I love hanging them down the ceiling … you can lay in bed watching and they don’t consume useful space.

Attachments

• 85C16556-90AF-4700-8B6B-4455F62B3AAD.jpeg
    85C16556-90AF-4700-8B6B-4455F62B3AAD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 696C9F79-EABD-4460-BAFC-53FBB1532318.jpeg
    696C9F79-EABD-4460-BAFC-53FBB1532318.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 1B1D3B70-F719-44E8-8A6E-8ADCF4092C40.jpeg
    1B1D3B70-F719-44E8-8A6E-8ADCF4092C40.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 19114B21-D1DF-4B91-84F5-56D128A39AF5.jpeg
    19114B21-D1DF-4B91-84F5-56D128A39AF5.jpeg
    884.9 KB · Views: 3

weethepeople

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
loadedpamperman said:
I've been buying N scale since I first planned an "around the walls N scale empire" in 99-2000 which was derailed after building the frame work, mounting it to the walls with custom shelving/drawers underneath etc and then in 2004 I woke up with a 105+ fever and life as I knew it smashed into a wall, hard! I do still buy anthracite RR stuff as I find and can afford it but really got into books on RR History and have to have over 150 of them now, and the vast majority are not picture books.

Once I'm divorced I do hope to FINALLY build a long awaited prototypical model RR though that's at least 2-3 yrs in the future as I REFUSE to pay off the debt she racked up in '19 when I spent the majority of the year working in TN. LONG STORY but I'm "letting her" pay off all the debt in her name by herself!

Oh well, hoping to find other RR buffs here.
Absolutely ...I started in N Scale and still have my original stuff but I switched to HO scale pretty quick mostly because it's easier for me to manipulate.. I model ATSF/BNSF modern era and have built one okay layout ..wasn't totally happy with wiring and layout so I pulled it all to bits a year ago and started again . Due to things getting in the way I haven't got far yet but plan on making a big improvement soon ..It'll be fully DCC , but with an option to be able to hook up analog from time to time ..I had about 100 metres of track on the original layout on two conjoined loops but could isolate each track..they acted as a double main track too . I have nearly 60 locomotives in four axel and 6 axel configurations and 4 nice steam era loco's.. I have roughly 200 rolling stock , tons of Walthers buildings and bridges and other assorted scenery items including many HO scale cars and earthmoving items for scenery later on ..EBAY does pretty well out of me for modelling stuff.

Apart from model rail I'm now dabbling in R/C now too ..Only cheap Huina yet but it's also an incredible hobby .. Then there's my dogs , border collie (very elderly) and a nine year old Australian Kelpie (nutcase fun she is) ..all sorts of fishing , love my golf often and lawn bowls .

I also love to buy ultra cheap old watches and repair and restore them if they can be ..Oh yes and chuck in a bit of photography which I've only just begun . A female friend and work mate is teaching me . She has had some of her work featured in magazines ..

In between all that I have to fit in some work eh to pay for it all .... Cheers ..

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I had an HO layout for many years. Now it's packed away but I'd love to build another layout if I had the room.