Apple Sueing Canadian School For Plagiarism

Do you think Apple has any grounds?Or are they just losing it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Last edited:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Its hard to say since you did not link to the news story, there could be other things at play here.

Kams

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Wow, lol. That's pretty stupid of Apple if you ask me, how could they possibly benefit from winning this case? They're hardly even similar at all. Besides how many people have heard of this school anyway? Some people lol.....

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I don't see any similarities at all (other than both symbols are apples). The school symbol is a round apple...like a MacIntosh, whilst Apple's is more like a Red Delicious...the Apple logo also has a bite taken out of it...the school logo does not.

I don't see this going anywhere.

M

Mako

In related news, Apple is now sueing farmers for growing fields of tree's that have their logo.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I don't see any similarities at all (other than both symbols are apples). The school symbol is a round apple...like a MacIntosh, whilst Apple's is more like a Red Delicious...the Apple logo also has a bite taken out of it...the school logo does not.

I don't see this going anywhere.
My thoughts exactly.

RubixFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, , Carer
*Thinks that since Apple is losing money with the Iphone flop in stocks, they're trying to do anything to get money now*

Role
Other

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
What is apple doing, a witch hunt?

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Well the apple is the Mac's trademark. If Mac want's to keep their trademark they have to by law protect it, if my understanding is correct. So they have to keep an eye out for people infringing on their IP.

So this is normal, Apple is doing what they should be. Will they win? Who knows. But I think it would be better if the logo would represent as a kind of sponsor rather than a kind of cheap counterfeit!

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the only comment I could make is why does that school have an apple logo? but even then, it's not forbidden, and apple computers can never trademark apples :-/

DatsTehUber

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy,
>_> Really... There apples... Its as if they think That the school is going to take over the whole effin company. Seriously you cant trademark a freaking apple, theres a differance in colors too, and last time i checked, it has to have the same exact color, size, and features for it to be copy write so.... Apple is just trying to get from the school so they have enough money to work on there next bagajazillion dollar project.

D

daria7483

A local grocery store here also uses an apple in its logo design. Wonder if they're next?

Honestly, I really wonder how apple has legal grounds for this. I don't understand why the school uses the apple in the first place, but the apple fruit is not and can not be copyrighted. It doesn't seem like this apple looks enough like apple computer's logo for them to claim copyright infringement, and it's not like the school is directly competing against apple anyway. If some no-name computer company decided to use an apple as its logo, then I could understand apple's concern.

Besides that, if this goes to court, apple is costing this school lots of money that could be far better used in the classroom. That's the really upsetting thing here...the ultimate victims will be the students.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
the only comment I could make is why does that school have an apple logo? but even then, it's not forbidden, and apple computers can never trademark apples :-/
Apple=classic symbol for education, that and they grow apples in the northwest

This still doesn't touch the Ben and Jerry's thing...PETA's VP sent a request that they stop using cows milk in the ice cream and start using breast milk saying it would be better for the cows...clearly they don't know what happens if you don't milk a cow, it can stop production and starve the offspring

And they post is as a badge of honor - PETA Media Center > Recent News Releases : The Breast Is Best! PETA Asks Ben & Jerry's to Dump Dairy and Go With Human Milk Instead

TB29-Your source for random funny news since...3 days ago?

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Of course Apple will lose. It's nothing more than a show of force, like a warning to people that might actually steal Apple's logo. It's the same thing the RIAA does, and similarly it will probably be settled out of court for a token amount. Then the school will change their logo somehow like mirroring the little leaf, so it looks different.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple ends up paying this school off, so they don't make a fuss and Apple can save some face. Maybe some new computers, I dunno.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
There is no similarity there... it's a logo in the shape of an apple... so what. That would be like saying that Ford owns the oval and GM owns the square.

Apple Computer is just being greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.