Apartment Fire Alarms in the Night

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
We're in the process of selling our home and moving to an apartment. I am hoping that fire alarms at night are very infrequent there. How many people here have been forced to go down the stairs and outside in their overnight diaper because of a fire alarm?

I'll likely be in my PJs and wearing a house coat during these events. But if I'm a bit soggy at the time, it will be a bit awkward and inconvenient.

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I have lived almost 10 years in my current apartment and have yet to have a single fire alarm bring me outside.

The same could not be said for when I was in the college dorms where it happened at least twice a month. No one ever saw my Goodnites though, so it wasn't a problem.

Reactions: TigerDL and swirrll

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
slimjiminy said:
I am hoping that fire alarms at night are very infrequent there.
I hope so too!

It's been a while since I've lived in an apartment, but I've spent a total of 8-9 years of my life in apartments and can't remember a single fire alarm. Of course, your neighbors will be a major factor.

The only middle-of-the-night evacuation I can remember was in my college dorm. Some joker set off one of those gopher smoke bombs in a stairwell. I stepped out of my room right into a pile of vomit, which made it doubly awesome. (It was early Saturday morning, so somebody had obviously been binge-drinking in an adjacent room and hadn't made it to the bathroom.) And no diaper. My roommate was right behind me as we all lumbered sleepily (or drunkenly) toward the exits, and I only slept in diapers when I knew he'd be gone all night.

Last edited:

AJFan2020

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
My building has these at least once or twice a year. A long raincoat or other jacket can help in situations such as these as long as you have enough time to put it on. If the Carbon Monoxide detectors also go off, though, you may want to skip the jacket and go directly outside. I have only needed to do this once or twice so far in the last twenty years or so.

Last edited:

PyjamaBoyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was once in a hotel with colleagues and the fire alarm went off at night. They didn’t notice my diaper thankfully as I had my jeans and a long coat on by the time I got outside.

vp39

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I stayed in a then-new hotel in Las Vegas, and the alarms went off, voice messaging for everyone to evacuate down the stairs. I took off the plastic top I was wearing and threw a t-shirt and jeans over my plastic pants. Stood outside and talked to some of my fellow conventioneers until the all-clear. I found out later that the police had extracted some evildoer from one of the rooms on my floor.

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I have been in my apartment for 3 months now and this happened to me twice. Both times I took the time to change out of my diaper and into some normal cloths

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've been fire drilled once while in a hotel, but it was just after breakfast time so I was in normal clothes and a pullup, if it had been a bit earlier I would have been in my rather infantile toy story pyjamas and a soggy crinklz nappy, but if knew I was going to be out in the cold I'd probably put my work gear on over the top so I didn't look like a 6' four year old out in public.

Diaperedsparky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had it happen at a hotel couple years back. I was in a throughly soaked tykables cammie. 2am kids in the hall way brook the gauge of the fire exstingsher. Fire alarm went off and I was in the parking lot in pajama pants and at shirt that was not even close to being long enough to hide the bulge I had going on

Reactions: nappyonme