Anyone wear guards or pads when not wearing diapers

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've enjoyed wearing diaper my entire life. In the past, if I took a break and didn't wear them for a couple of days, I would wear normal underwear. After wearing everyday for several years, I make sure that I wear at least a guard if I want to give my skin a break from the diaper plastic. I like the security of knowing that I have protection or something to leak into if I need to - whether for OAB or pain.
Does anyone else notice this too after wearing diapers for awhile?

willnotwill

ADISC Articles Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I use guards when working out when a diaper would be impractical. I'm fairly impressed on how well they work these days. I remember decades ago they were so bad you might have just stuck some Kleenex in your pants.

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I wear guards everyday for PMD. It’s been such a relief knowing that my pants no longer have wet spots! I hadn’t notice how paranoid it made until I started wearing protection as I used to constantly check after going to the bathroom.

JDCH

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Same as @Lumos. Those last few drops can be awfully pesky.

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
In my early days of real bladder problems I tried pads but they just did not work for me, also back in those days "guards" had not been available if even invented as as far as I know, the next step was very early pull ups that were very unreliable and not very absorbant.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I would IF I could trust them, which experience has proven to me I can not. I have not tried these in a decade or so, maybe they've improved. I'd have to be REALLY sold in order to try though.

oldpppants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
JDCH said:
Same as @Lumos. Those last few drops can be awfully pesky.
The pesky last drops, or maybe the first ones, were my trademark when I was four.