Anyone try Select Vintage Adult Diapers from rearz

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I think of getting them but don't want to waste my money if not their best paired Critter Caboose for my ic.

Poohbearboy said:
I think of getting them but don't want to waste my money if not their best paired Critter Caboose for my ic.
Looks interesting, if you do get them let us know how they work out. Might get some once there is more room in my stash truck.

I got some recently, the two tapes work fine for me and the blue and white color scheme look neat.

The capacity was pretty low on these. I liked the 2 tape design, but they weren't all that great.

Reactions: blaincorrous and PlastiBrain
Thank you.

Antientmariner said:
The capacity was pretty low on these. I liked the 2 tape design, but they weren't all that great.
Do you think some of that is do to the two tape not fitting as secure around the legs? I have never worn a 2 tape so I was just wondering. They do look interesting though. They just don't seem like you could snug them up around the legs as good.

Diaperman95 said:
Do you think some of that is do to the two tape not fitting as secure around the legs? I have never worn a 2 tape so I was just wondering. They do look interesting though. They just don't seem like you could snug them up around the legs as good.
You still get a snug fit. The tapes are wider and the landing zone makes it easy to get a good grip around the legs. Not as good as 4 tapes, but still a good fit that I enjoy.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Poohbearboy said:
They kinda suck ngl

Antientmariner said:
You still get a snug fit. The tapes are wider and the landing zone makes it easy to get a good grip around the legs. Not as good as 4 tapes, but still a good fit that I enjoy.
I’ve been considering these as well, are these a loud plastic or quiet, more discreet? As far as thickness, what other diaper would you compare it to?

Reactions: username234
I’ve tried them in the past. They aren’t bad, but also not great. Recent diaper designs have spoiled me with wicking and capacity. But the two tapes are a lot of fun. And worked quite well.

Reactions: theancientmariner
I have a few bags left of these. While comfy, they're very low capacity and seem to leak after 1.5-2 voids. They don't hold up well enough for the added weight from a stuffer either.

• Wow
Reactions: theancientmariner
IncontinentBro said:
I have a few bags left of these. While comfy, they're very low capacity and seem to leak after 1.5-2 voids. They don't hold up well enough for the added weight from a stuffer either.
Wow. I was thinking maybe add a few stuffers or another diaper all together to make it a double, but it didn't hold up? Was it the tapes strength, or the way they're placed?

bret2 said:
I’ve been considering these as well, are these a loud plastic or quiet, more discreet? As far as thickness, what other diaper would you compare it to?
They're fairly discreet. Low capacity, as stated by IncontinentBro, but the 1 tape per side design is fun, and needs to be on more diapers beside ABU. Rearz had the Lil Squirt that had 1 tape per side, but they vanished. Cuddlz has their diapers that have 1 tape per side, but I don't know if they ship to the US. I really really want to try their diapers. The currency can't be changed to US Dollars, so that makes me believe I can't buy them with my money. Am I wrong on this assumption?

Antientmariner said:
They're fairly discreet. Low capacity, as stated by IncontinentBro, but the 1 tape per side design is fun, and needs to be on more diapers beside ABU. Rearz had the Lil Squirt that had 1 tape per side, but they vanished. Cuddlz has their diapers that have 1 tape per side, but I don't know if they ship to the US. I really really want to try their diapers. The currency can't be changed to US Dollars, so that makes me believe I can't buy them with my money. Am I wrong on this assumption?
Thanks for responding.
Low capacity as in way less than say an Abu sdk or comparable? Unfortunately I don’t know anything about cuddlz and their process of collecting funds. Have you tried calling?

The best capacity I got from them was 1,719 ml / 58 fl oz under ideal conditions (not sitting down, not flooding), which is all right but nothing special these days when the top performers can do twice that. So they're really about the style.

Here's what I have on them:

Rearz Select Brief (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

• Wow
Reactions: BunnyFofo and theancientmariner
WillFord384 said:
The best capacity I got from them was 1,719 ml / 58 fl oz under ideal conditions (not sitting down, not flooding), which is all right but nothing special these days when the top performers can do twice that. So they're really about the style.

Here's what I have on them:

Rearz Select Brief (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php
Doesn't the website state they hold more than 1,719ml? That's super duper low. We really really need a high capacity diaper with 1 tape per side. If you position your tapes the right way, you can mimic 1 tape per side, but it's just not the same.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Antientmariner said:
Doesn't the website state they hold more than 1,719ml? That's super duper low. We really really need a high capacity diaper with 1 tape per side. If you position your tapes the right way, you can mimic 1 tape per side, but it's just not the same.

The website is going to use a standardized measurement that is just based on how much absorbent material is in the diaper.
They basically just dunk it in fluid and see how much stayed in.
Pros: the same diaper gets the same number no matter the size/shape/void speed of the person doing the test.
Cons: the number will be much higher than it would be in a real world test, because in the real world a diaper will start leaking before all the absorbent material is used.
When you read a number from a website or on product packaging, it's almost always one of these. I can think of a few exceptions.

Willford384's test is a real world use test that stops once the diaper leaks. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

1,719ml seems like plenty for a real world test. 2000ml is about the maximum amount of urine someone would produce in 24 hours. At a certain point adding absorbency is just for skin care/comfort reasons, or to make ABDLs that like thick diapers happy.

Personally I think the Rearz select vintage absorbency is fine for the $2each case price (mediums). There are more absorbent diapers at or below that price like Abena M4 and BetterDry/Crinklz, but there are also less absorbent like Unique wellness brand. I think some of the thinner AB diapers like ABU preschool might be less absorbent for the price as well. Not sure.

These work for me as an overnight diaper. I'm not incontinent but I do wear diapers almost every night and use them. I don't like feeling wet in the morning or leaking, so I'm at least a little demanding when it comes to absorbency.
I've tried out a bag of them and I'm fairly happy with these overall. I don't know if I'll reorder though. It's just hard to beat my favorites, BetterDry.

Reactions: WillFord384 and theancientmariner
BunnyFofo said:
Willford384's test is a real world use test that stops once the diaper leaks. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
I thought he only showcased diapers. For absorbency ratings, doesn't he go from what the website says on each diaper? I wasn't aware of him doing any actual tests where he lays it out and measures out each vile of water so he can make accurate measurements and all that.

Antientmariner said:
I thought he only showcased diapers. For absorbency ratings, doesn't he go from what the website says on each diaper? I wasn't aware of him doing any actual tests where he lays it out and measures out each vile of water so he can make accurate measurements and all that.

You might be thinking about someone else's diaper catalog. The Camelotian wiki is all about performance in real world tests. Originally that was just to satisfy my own curiosity, and I wrote descriptions only so I could tell diapers apart on the shelf and make sure I was logging data to the correct item. The photos, galleries, tags and themes, etc. all came much later.

The protocol is to wear each diaper for as long as it takes for it to leak, standing the whole time and wetting frequently in small amounts, like every 12 minutes. For the super premium diapers like Trest Elite and many from Tykables, I had to fudge a bit by saying it was OK to wear it overnight and through the next day, since it might take 26+ hours to overload one of those monsters, and that's with drinking a lot all day.

I think of this as a real world test, because it's actual wearing and wetting instead of putting the diaper on a table and pouring measured vials of liquid on it, but as a practical matter most people flood more than that, and sit down for a lot of the day, which I've found cuts the capacity roughly in half.

All that being said, it's possible that I just had bad luck with the the Select diaper and really it can hold more than that. When I get what seems to be a valid test I call it good and move on to the next product. In a perfect world I would test everything several times, but I've tested 466 different products to date and I can't imagine finding the time to do multiple tests for each one. In particular, as much as I love the Trest Elite and Tykable diapers, I never want to max them out again. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
Back