• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Anyone pre-order Harry Potter tickets yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Has anyone pre-ordered Harry Potter tickets yet? The movie is gonna be freaken awesome just like the last ones lol. So, when are you going? You gonna be at the premier or what? I know I am, minus the dress up like characters.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Hehe, nope! :D

I'm going to see the Employee Screening the night before it comes out. ^_^

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
NO, screw you then :( I wanna see it the night before :( That way I'll miss the lines of those dressed up people lols.

I just pre-ordered them today, so I need to go pick em up tonight.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Uh...No thanks, I'll buy them when the movie is out. Going to those midnight book releases was enough.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not that big of a loser.
Really? Most people don't wear diapers 24/7 unless they need them.

As for pre-ordering my tickets, I haven't done so yet. It won't be coming to IMAX until May 29th, even though it comes out on the 15th. I'm extremely psyched about this film -- this was one of the darkest books out of the series (even though I think Prisoner of Azkaban was the darkest).

I wish I could marry Severus Snape.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]As much as I like the books, I don't really like the movies past the goblet of fire (which ironically are my favorite ones of the books). Mainly because there is far too much cut out, and the movie begins to feel like a summary (especially the goblet of fire, but order of the phoenix was like that aswell).[/font]

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Upon seeing the last harry potter movie I am not too sure about this movie. Plus this is based upon the worst book in the series too me since most of it's purely filler and I saw the ending coming from a mile away in the book. Hell it follows the same formula as any other movie has done.

So I won't go see it at midnight mainly since no buses will be running and my dad wouldn't even want to take me at like 11 pm and pick me up at like 2 am.

So I'll see it nearly a week after it opens on a random odd day like trusday. Unless my friends come to stockton in which I would have to go on a bloody weekend. I HATE movies on weekends.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Upon seeing the last harry potter movie I am not too sure about this movie. Plus this is based upon the worst book in the series too me since most of it's purely filler and I saw the ending coming from a mile away in the book. Hell it follows the same formula as any other movie has done.
The last movie was probably the most under-done in the series, which is a shame, because Order of the Phoenix is an immensely dark and disturbing book in its own right. Interesting that one of the longest (if not the longest) in the series was dropped down to being the shortest film of them all. Admittedly, they cut out a lot of the brutality in the final fight, which I'm sure they did to hit the PG-13 rating -- I think if visualized the way it was in the book, the last 200 pages would have easily fetched an R rating.

In fact, I think this reduction of violence is going to be something we'll see a lot of over the next three movies (as Deathly Hallows is going to be split into two). Half-Blood Prince has a few immensely violent sequences in it, and Deathly Hallows is one of the most brutally unapologetic books I've ever read when it comes to violent content.

Good on Rowling, though, for having the balls to do what other authors don't. If only the movie-makers can follow suit...

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The last movie was probably the most under-done in the series, which is a shame, because Order of the Phoenix is an immensely dark and disturbing book in its own right. Interesting that one of the longest (if not the longest) in the series was dropped down to being the shortest film of them all. Admittedly, they cut out a lot of the brutality in the final fight, which I'm sure they did to hit the PG-13 rating -- I think if visualized the way it was in the book, the last 200 pages would have easily fetched an R rating.

In fact, I think this reduction of violence is going to be something we'll see a lot of over the next three movies (as Deathly Hallows is going to be split into two). Half-Blood Prince has a few immensely violent sequences in it, and Deathly Hallows is one of the most brutally unapologetic books I've ever read when it comes to violent content.

Good on Rowling, though, for having the balls to do what other authors don't. If only the movie-makers can follow suit...

I'll be so pissed if they screw up the Battle of Hogwarts. That was like the best thing ever

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
There is a reason I refuse to read the books.

All any HP fan can ever discuss is how "This was different in the book." or "That was better in the book." bunch of whiners.

Watch the movies and judge them solely on what they are... no comparisons to anything else. The general storyline is the same... some of the characters are the same... everything else is Hollywood.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What does that have to do with Hairy Pothead?
I was juxtaposing the audacity in your definition of "loser" alongside your own personal interests. Don't let your mouth overload your ass -- it won't get you far. I think a cliche about glass houses and stones would be fitting here.

As for what you said, Pojo, you're right -- that fight needs to be left alone. If the directors change anything (specifically what happens to some of the characters), then they'll be doing a disservice not just to the story itself, but to some of the greater themes that Rawling was addressing with the brutality of the battles themselves.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I agree. If they mess up that fight I'll kill someone. Not really, but that was the best part imo. And I think all the books and movies should of been PG. They're not violent enough. Hell, even R rated movies aren't that violent and all.

Now, when they make the Deathly Hollows movies, they SHOULD make a edited down version of it and a intense version, the R rated or whatever for the hard core fans to watch.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I was juxtaposing the audacity in your definition of "loser" alongside your own personal interests. Don't let your mouth overload your ass -- it won't get you far. I think a cliche about glass houses and stones would be fitting here.
Oh...

Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only asshole around here. :D

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover

The 5th book was the longest book and it was also the shortest movie. The director intentionally made it short too, the guy slammed what would of been the best movie of the seires into the freaking ground. The guy's clearly a douche.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd suggest a spoiler alert, sir! :D Just in case some people aren't that far yet!

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't like giving out spoilers lols.

Maybe I should bring my cam with me and setup it up in the back and record it for you LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.