Anyone like the smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know people in General hate the smell of Poop (i never mess in public anyways, when i am out and wearing a diaper i only pee) and I cant say that I always like it either.

But in the context of Diaper Use i find the smell to be a part of the experience and most of the time I either like the smell (at least at first) or at least dont mind it; except for some occasions where the smell is completely different and unusually bad

I know for people that don't like the smell or might unwittingly mess in public due to IC there are pills for it to take the smell away.

But it's just not my thing personally.

Reactions: bigtoddler96, ChristianDiaperLover, Halibut and 1 other person
BabyTyrant said:
I know people in General hate the smell of Poop (i never mess in public anyways, when i am out and wearing a diaper i only pee) and I cant say that I always like it either.

But in the context of Diaper Use i find the smell to be a part of the experience and most of the time I either like the smell (at least at first) or at least dont mind it; except for some occasions where the smell is completely different and unusually bad

I know for people that don't like the smell or might unwittingly mess in public due to IC there are pills for it to take the smell away.

But it's just not my thing personally.
I am with you 100%.

Not only is the smell part of the "baby experience" but I fires certain neurons in my brain that actually in a way regress me.

When I was a small boy (8 or 9) there was this church we went to which had a nursery down the hall from my Sunday School class. Every Sunday morning when my mom was taking me to class, you could smell poop and baby powder wafting down the hall. It never failed. Sometimes my mom would stop and chat with the ladies who worked in the nursery, and about 8 times out of 10, one of the infants or toddlers would poop their pants, during one of my mom's chats, and as they were being changed near the door, the intoxicating combined aroma of baby powder and poop would fill the hallway outside the nursery door.

I vividly remember that.

Yes, the smell of poop takes me back to a time when I was messing my pants for my mom. 🤭

Reactions: Halibut
The smell of poop is worse then the actual feel in my experience.

Reactions: TyphaHare
It probably sounds pretty odd, but I have found the majority of the time, the smell from the Gas I have before messing is way worse than the smell from the actual messing.

Not only that but sometimes I am really Gassy and I expect to have to Poop within a reasonable time frame later; come to find out it isnt until much much later when I actually have to Poop

Reactions: BusyBritches
BusyBritches said:
I am with you 100%.

Not only is the smell part of the "baby experience" but I fires certain neurons in my brain that actually in a way regress me.

When I was a small boy (8 or 9) there was this church we went to which had a nursery down the hall from my Sunday School class. Every Sunday morning when my mom was taking me to class, you could smell poop and baby powder wafting down the hall. It never failed. Sometimes my mom would stop and chat with the ladies who worked in the nursery, and about 8 times out of 10, one of the infants or toddlers would poop their pants, during one of my mom's chats, and as they were being changed near the door, the intoxicating combined aroma of baby powder and poop would fill the hallway outside the nursery door.

I vividly remember that.

Yes, the smell of poop takes me back to a time when I was messing my pants for my mom. 🤭
Wow, same. When I went to my Sunday school I'd always pass the nursery and that smell would make me feel younger and remind me of when I used to be changed.

I've messed my diaper a few times, it's an interesting feeling... fully dressed and just letting loose knowing it's safe to.

Once that smell hits (30 seconds max) I gotta change.

I rarely get into AB mode... mainly just a DL and pee in my diaper... but next time I get my paci, jammies, and diaper I will give it another go!

I like the smell a lot too... But my favorite part of messing is the feeling of a messy diaper, and the knowledge that you need one, and It's okay to need one (unlike the daddies of the world...)

I'm scared of parents or friends smelling it though... So thats why I don't mess as often as I'd like.

Lol I know a mommmy should not respond to this one but I’m going to.

I can’t say that I “Like” the smell but it’s definitely a tell tale sign my little guy needs changing. Weekend mornings if he’s watching cartoons I’ll do didi checks, and he is usually wet in the mornings but again if I walk in and I can smell it I know as a mommy I should prep the changing supplies.

So not like but it’s a like a signal in the air that super mommy has some work to do lol

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, TiggyCat, BusyBritches and 1 other person
cannamommy said:

I can’t say that I “Like” the smell but it’s definitely a tell tale sign my little guy needs changing. Weekend mornings if he’s watching cartoons I’ll do didi checks, and he is usually wet in the mornings but again if I walk in and I can smell it I know as a mommy I should prep the changing supplies.

So not like but it’s a like a signal in the air that super mommy has some work to do lol

Well it's always good to learn about things from different perspectives, and of course Changing Diapers (wet or messy) is part of a CareGivers job.

I can't say that I like the tell-tale odor of a messy diaper; but I also don't find it offensive to my olfactory processes. Neutral, I guess.

cannamommy said:

cannamommy, Total respect for you in changing a dirty diaper, there are not many people who would do such a thing.

Can I ask what does your little one behave like when he knows he has a dirty diaper?

When I have a dirty diaper I like to pretend that nothing is wrong and still run around playing and being a little boy, but in my head, I can hear my Mummy saying "Uh oh!" "Has someone got a dirty nappy?" I run away and protest that I'm a big boy and that I haven't done a doo doo in my diaper!
But my fantasy mummy grabs hold of me from running and playing and insists I need a nappy change!!

That's what I do when I'm in little space

Your guy is a very lucky man to have you!!

cannamommy said:

"Like" is a relative word and "like" anything it depends upon context.

When I was a little boy and I watched a lot mommies change poopy diapers (with wet washcloths for wiping poopy bottoms before Baby Wipes were invented.) I noticed that they (most of them) smiled motherly smiles when they smelled the odor of poop.

Did they "like" it? Again, that depends on context. I believe that when they smelled poop they were "happy", because a poopy diaper meant that the baby was having a healthy bowel movement. For most moms, the poop tells everything: the amount, the color, the texture, and the odor, are all "report cards" on the baby's health. (That's why infant rooms and daycare centers make and keep detailed reports on each poopy diaper change so the mom can tell if there is a problem with the poop and the baby's health.) 🤭

Not 24/7. But the smell from a dirty diaper just put me in the mood unlike any other smells .

I do like it when I applied scented baby powder. It’s full regression time for me those times

I do love the smells associated with diapers - especially when pee mixes with baby powder. I also like the smell of poopy diaper at least initially. I rather enjoyed the smell of my own poopy diaper this morrning.

Crinklesounds said:
cannamommy, Total respect for you in changing a dirty diaper, there are not many people who would do such a thing.

Can I ask what does your little one behave like when he knows he has a dirty diaper?

When I have a dirty diaper I like to pretend that nothing is wrong and still run around playing and being a little boy, but in my head, I can hear my Mummy saying "Uh oh!" "Has someone got a dirty nappy?" I run away and protest that I'm a big boy and that I haven't done a doo doo in my diaper!
But my fantasy mummy grabs hold of me from running and playing and insists I need a nappy change!!

That's what I do when I'm in little space

Your guy is a very lucky man to have you!!

sometimes he acts as though he has done nothing, while other times he will shy away, maybe retreat to the garage, but as soon as I have given a diaper check he knows its time for a change. I give him his binkie and his favorite stuffed animal and he is calm and ready fr his change.

Reactions: PaddedRita and Crinklesounds
I have to say that I am not overly fond of the smell of a poopy diaper but the right combination of piss and baby powder can drive me wild. I remember walking by a little boy several years ago that had the perfect combination smell of pee and powder and had hoped his mommy would have changed him and forgot the diaper on the changing table and I would have grabbed it in a minute but she did not change him at the time so it didn't happen.

I love the smells and the feelings i get whenever I mess or wet my diaper. It has been a lifetime of fun for me. I loved the smells as a teen and still do 42 years later. I know many get offended by the smell, What I say to them is get a clothes pin and you'll be fine (lol) . Yes I have to answer the question honestly I love the smell and it will always make my day !

Reactions: PaddedRita, P00P00pants, Zeke and 1 other person
Smell generally doesn't bother me, I've changed many wet and dirty diapers.

I may be "noseblind" but with a good fitting pair of plastic pants I don't notice the smell that often unless I bend over on there's a gap opened at the leg elastics. I do kind of enjoy the aroma, depending on my recent diet, and I guess that would make me one of those who thinks "my s**t don't stink". The smell that I find the most enjoyable is the one that I've liked since I was very young. That would be the lingering odor of poop stained plastic pants after they've been washed. Don't have any clue as to why but that has always been something which I've enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back