Anyone know what's up with Tykables? They seem out out of stock for a lot of stuff.

I would bet they are having issues getting diapers from their manufacturer. There were articles a few months ago saying that the price of baby diapers was going up because the cost of raw materials was going up and the materials were delayed in shipping because of COVID. Huggins prices went up June 1 and Pampers goes up with September or October 1. If the major brands are having supply issues I am positive that Tykables is having the same problem. It’s just another way COVID is hurting us.

Scott729 said:
If the major brands are having supply issues I am positive that Tykables is having the same problem. It’s just another way COVID is hurting us.
COVID has definitely taught us all about supply & demand: TP & PT hoarding, meat & dry-foods hoarding, soaps & detergents, disinfectants, the list goes on.

Logistics was another teachable: for example, the only reason many airlines have not gone under is because they morphed to accommodate the crisis by flying cargo between cities. Most airline flights you've seen in the earlier days of COVID? No passengers at all...just cargo.

I hope the powers-that-be learned this time for the next time a pandemic hits, in order to curb street-level opportunism & shystery. That much could've been prevented, rather than the Karens & Kierans of the world loading up carts with water, paper hygiene products and the like to buy and play Stan Zbornak with for a quick, undeserved fortune. I saw this first-hand...thankfully, most of them were socially shunned, banned by eBay & Craigslist, and now sit amid their wares, which no longer carry the value they counted on. And the stores wisely refused their returns, ha-ha. The stores should've limited quantities to start with...they did not.

Greed in a pandemic is a terrible thing; hopefully, if there is a next time, it is punished harder than it was this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and Scott729
BobbiSueEllen said:
COVID has definitely taught us all about supply & demand: TP & PT hoarding, meat & dry-foods hoarding, soaps & detergents, disinfectants, the list goes on.

Logistics was another teachable: for example, the only reason many airlines have not gone under is because they morphed to accommodate the crisis by flying cargo between cities. Most airline flights you've seen in the earlier days of COVID? No passengers at all...just cargo.

I hope the powers-that-be learned this time for the next time a pandemic hits, in order to curb street-level opportunism & shystery. That much could've been prevented, rather than the Karens & Kierans of the world loading up carts with water, paper hygiene products and the like to buy and play Stan Zbornak with for a quick, undeserved fortune. I saw this first-hand...thankfully, most of them were socially shunned, banned by eBay & Craigslist, and now sit amid their wares, which no longer carry the value they counted on. And the stores wisely refused their returns, ha-ha. The stores should've limited quantities to start with...they did not.

Greed in a pandemic is a terrible thing; hopefully, if there is a next time, it is punished harder than it was this time.
And now they're putting on excessive checked baggage fees to save room for shipping cargo. SMH

BobbiSueEllen said:
So was the American Revolution...as well as the French revolution, the Bolshevik revolution, the Iranian revolution, the fall of Communism...pandemics. Revolutions play heck with economies. Even when Attends tanked, things sucked for awhile. Things do change; change is life, and things eventually get better. Just gotta hang in there. 🥳

I've never worn Tykables diapers, so no clue. Their prices scared me off.

I think David Lee Roth had something to do with this... 🤭
From what I hear, part of the high price covers shipping, and there's also the reputation they have for being as smooth and soft as butter.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Does Amazon have any of their diapers?
We do have products listed on Amazon, but they actively suppress our listings because we do not stock them in Amazon's warehouses and ship them from our own. You can find our stuff on amazon at amazon.com/tykables

KitsuneFox said:
Not the first time Tykables ran out of stock ... they seem to wait for the last possible moment to order more diapers produced and shipped .
Not exactly. We are not out of stock, we have a months worth of Subscriptions order in our warehouse and inorder to ensure we can fulfill them we do not have them made available. Our Inventory management is actually pretty good, ironically the fact we ran out of most things at the same time is proof of this. We ship our products based on their sales velocity and every sku has a different rolling average. The Medium Overnights sell at different volumes than the Large Little Rawrs for example. So we wouldn't order 100 cases, as an example, of both and run out at the same time. Anytime a company runs out of different products like that within a week or two means they do not tie up cash into slower moving products while investing enough into quicker moving products. We actually have a lot of product at the factory, it is getting it here is the issue.

Guggy said:
If you are ordering in the UK, nearly all of the supplies are having problems. Thanks Brexit!!!
This is more for the inventory in the UK, and that is only adding pressure to importing and exporting in and our of the UK which is our hub in a manner of speaking.

Reactions: DiscreetDL, Aby, LilBubba88 and 1 other person
todaler said:
We do have products listed on Amazon, but they actively suppress our listings because we do not stock them in Amazon's warehouses and ship them from our own. You can find our stuff on amazon at amazon.com/tykables

Not exactly. We are not out of stock, we have a months worth of Subscriptions order in our warehouse and inorder to ensure we can fulfill them we do not have them made available. Our Inventory management is actually pretty good, ironically the fact we ran out of most things at the same time is proof of this. We ship our products based on their sales velocity and every sku has a different rolling average. The Medium Overnights sell at different volumes than the Large Little Rawrs for example. So we wouldn't order 100 cases, as an example, of both and run out at the same time. Anytime a company runs out of different products like that within a week or two means they do not tie up cash into slower moving products while investing enough into quicker moving products. We actually have a lot of product at the factory, it is getting it here is the issue.

This is more for the inventory in the UK, and that is only adding pressure to importing and exporting in and our of the UK which is our hub in a manner of speaking.

Thanks for the clarifications. I've always been impressed with your products and with your operations.

But nobody's perfect. You could cement your legendary status by making an all-white version of, say, the Puppers or Camelots. Several other people have said this without prompting on ADISC. I believe the response to such a product would be a chorus of:

46831237.jpg

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
jamiejamie said:
And now they're putting on excessive checked baggage fees to save room for shipping cargo. SMH
Not true at all. I just retired from an airline. The fees are there because they are greedy. There is plenty of room on airliners for cargo and luggage, they are designed that way. There is actually a system in place if there is more cargo to go than they can take. You pay fees for bags because people are willing to. If people stopped flying the airlines that charge the fees and flocked to the ones that do not, the fees would go away.

Reactions: jamiejamie
Scott729 said:
Not true at all. I just retired from an airline. The fees are there because they are greedy. There is plenty of room on airliners for cargo and luggage, they are designed that way. There is actually a system in place if there is more cargo to go than they can take. You pay fees for bags because people are willing to. If people stopped flying the airlines that charge the fees and flocked to the ones that do not, the fees would go away.
I suspected as much. All I need is a "Go-Bag", unless I'm fetching a car to drive back, then I bring a toolbox to "sto-belo".

What intrigues me is how many people out there think planes can carry a full fuel load, full baggage and every seat full. It just don't work that way... :unsure:

BobbiSueEllen said:

You are absolutely correct, airlines sent planes with no passengers and only cargo. having worked for a major airline, I know I sent several planes around the world with just cargo and my company still made money. One of those tiny pods that gets loaded can bring in over 15k per pod. The money is mind blowing!

my wife works in logistics and they are having a nightmare of a time getting shipping containers so they can send out product. She is currently waiting 6 months out because there is such demand for those containers. They have products sitting at Port of Los Angeles waiting for months to get boarded on a ship for Asia. We as consumers don’t realize these things are happening until the prices rise and the supply is cut, by then it’s too late!

BobbiSueEllen said:
I suspected as much. All I need is a "Go-Bag", unless I'm fetching a car to drive back, then I bring a toolbox to "sto-belo".

What intrigues me is how many people out there think planes can carry a full fuel load, full baggage and every seat full. It just don't work that way... :unsure:
There are many variables that determine what the airplane can carry. Weather, altitude of the city, runway length, humidity, fuel density, which engines are on the airplane and a million other things go into determining what can be inside the airplane. A lot of times you will see flights delayed and the pilots will mention that they are waiting for “their numbers to be put in”. What they are actually saying is, they are trying to figure out all those things I mentioned. Sometimes they may be overweight for one runway but can switch to another. There are many things they can do. Generally speaking, Boeing aircraft are much easier to work with and can handle almost anything thrown at them. Airbus aircraft are very finicky and present a challenge. New York LaGuardia is a pain in the rear because of the short runways. An Airbus out of LaGuadia is a nightmare! I can go on and on.

Scott729 said:
There are many variables that determine what the airplane can carry. Weather, altitude of the city, runway length, humidity, fuel density, which engines are on the airplane and a million other things go into determining what can be inside the airplane. A lot of times you will see flights delayed and the pilots will mention that they are waiting for “their numbers to be put in”. What they are actually saying is, they are trying to figure out all those things I mentioned. Sometimes they may be overweight for one runway but can switch to another. There are many things they can do. Generally speaking, Boeing aircraft are much easier to work with and can handle almost anything thrown at them. Airbus aircraft are very finicky and present a challenge. New York LaGuardia is a pain in the rear because of the short runways. An Airbus out of LaGuadia is a nightmare! I can go on and on.
Hear ya there. First, it's fuel for the trip plus extra for a go-around/holding pattern/divert, then the rest of the left-over weight allowance to MTOW for passengers & baggage. In the fuel factor, there's altitude, weather...and fuel economy goes down for westbound. Lotsa factors, indeed.

Reactions: Scott729
BobbiSueEllen said:
Hear ya there. First, it's fuel for the trip plus extra for a go-around/holding pattern/divert, then the rest of the left-over weight allowance to MTOW for passengers & baggage. In the fuel factor, there's altitude, weather...and fuel economy goes down for westbound. Lotsa factors, indeed.
Bingo.

I kid you not, there are several different departments that deal with these issues for every single flight. The things that go on behind the scenes would blow your mind! It makes for a very quick day. I say that I can write a book about the things I have seen.

WillFord384 said:
Thanks for the clarifications. I've always been impressed with your products and with your operations.

But nobody's perfect. You could cement your legendary status by making an all-white version of, say, the Puppers or Camelots. Several other people have said this without prompting on ADISC. I believe the response to such a product would be a chorus of:
This is something we have talked about, but to be honest it isn't the highest priority. We made a white diaper before and while it sold it did not sell as well compared to printed stuff. We have partners that sell all white diapers, even from competitors like Rearz and ABU, so we have a good idea the demand level for them. Granted our products are more unique now with our version of the hook and loop, which we call Active Littles Grips, while still being plastic backed. The reality is we are still growing and our catalog is still growing. When it comes down to releasing a printed diaper or a white diapers we can release a new printed diaper that will sell far better and allow us to reinvest that money into increasing stock levels or new products far better and quicker. I am not saying we won't, we most probably will. The question is when is the best time to do it... We don't want an all white diaper which will sell slower to keep us or delay us from releasing something else that would sell better. #TightyWhities #Eventually

Reactions: WillFord384
BobbiSueEllen said:
So was the American Revolution...as well as the French revolution, the Bolshevik revolution, the Iranian revolution, the fall of Communism...pandemics. Revolutions play heck with economies. Even when Attends tanked, things sucked for awhile. Things do change; change is life, and things eventually get better. Just gotta hang in there. 🥳

I've never worn Tykables diapers, so no clue. Their prices scared me off.

I think David Lee Roth had something to do with this... 🤭
Don’t skip on Tykables, but yes, their products are priced at a premium. They have premium features. Try a sample. They were my go-to for a long time until I started wearing more often and needed to start being cost effective.

Well, my guy has tried them now, and, according to him, Tykables are, "like wearing satin."

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and blaincorrous
Big lockup in the port in Shenzhen right now do to a Covid flare up there.

• Wow
Reactions: AJFan2020, Scott729 and BobbiSueEllen
willnotwill said:
I was wondering about that. China stopped sending COVID stats shortly after this whole thing started so their stats are artificially low. CIA reports indicate China's numbers are rather high...and, sadly, their crematoriums have been working overtime. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: AJFan2020 and blaincorrous
dogboy said:
There are some problems with getting things from China. I bought a table and chairs but the chairs have been back ordered for more than a year. The reason given is Covid so maybe Asia has been hit harder than they're making known. I'm not sure where Tykables diapers are manufactured but if it's Asia, expect delays.

COVID-19 outbreak had a negative impact on sanitary and personal hygiene products in general.

eBay, Amazon and Etsy implemented a security policy intended to combat price gouging since March of 2020; until recently these sell-'n'-trade giants had tightened their rules as the crisis worsens.

None of their diapers fit me, so I'm left with ABU and Rearz.

willnotwill said:

Not shocking really, reasons of which are better suited for the mature section as they are political.

Back