Anyone into kayaking?

Applejack

Lurker
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was wondering of anyone else liked to kayak, canoe or other water sports. I’ve recently gotten into sea kayaking and have been loving it!

Reactions: Midwest82
Love it, I have 5 kayaks, 2 boats, and a canoe I can take out anytime. usually I like to just go on my big kayak and do some fishing

I've done a few small tours (2 weeks each I think) as a teenager (in a group) with either canoe or kayak and tents and stuff. I loved it and would very much jump at the change to repeat the experience. :)

Just got off a class iv river trip today while wearing a northshore supreme. Two of my favorite things together!

Me too! I got serious about kayaking a few years ago, eventually got my own kayak and worked up to the top individual certifications for both sea and touring kayaking, and did a couple for kayak rescue too ☺️

If you’re just starting to get into kayaking, I’d highly recommend doing a basic safety & rescue course, doubly so for costal sea kayaking. For me, kayaking was much more enjoyable once I learnt how to handle a capsize solo 🙂

Do you have you’re own kayak @Applejack ?

Reactions: canyon
Yep I love kayaking in lake michigan, rivers are fun too but I prefer bigger bodies of water myself.

Applejack said:
I was wondering of anyone else liked to kayak, canoe or other water sports. I’ve recently gotten into sea kayaking and have been loving it!
Oh man, I absolutely love kayaking! I used to be in Scouts when I was younger and we went up to Haliburton Scout Reserve which is essentially this huge area, almost like a national park, reserved for the Scouts of Canada.
We were there for two weeks and located on our very own little island and had to canoe over with all of our stuff just to get there and it was some of the best times I've ever had in my entire life! We got to canoe and kayak among a bunch of other activities while there and I fell in love with paddling over the open water ever since. Recently I went to a LGBT camp that had canoeing there and it was just as fun as I remembered!
I also got to go to a Tim Hortons Children's Foundation Camp when I was in grade 4 and we got to canoe over some white water rapids in a river between a couple mountains and that was also just an absolute blast!
Unfortunately I don't have the money to do that on my own but I'm glad that you were able to get into sea kayaking, you are very lucky and I hope you have a ton of fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: canyon
I love kayaking. I live right on Lake Michigan and if the weather is good I try to go. Obviously when the warm weather is good I'm ready (between 60 and up) but it can get wavy and rough. I live about 150' above the dune and it's fun to walk down to the beach and grabbing my kayak. Even it's 75 degrees I always have to wear my wet-suit. Surprisingly, I'm not the only one near the beach. It's a good work-out.

Back