Anyone interested in doing a freeform online RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I got a random idea in my head today and I really want to run it as a freeform (aka no dice-rolling) online RP.

If you're interested, PM me, and if I get enough people interested then I'll post the intro.

Or I'll post it anyway to get people interested.

The light shines brightly in your eyes, smothering all other colors. You try to sit up, but find you're strapped down to a rickety bed. You can make out the vague shapes of others nearby - but you sense them more than you see them.

Suddenly, you hear a loud, rasping, grating noise nearby, and then the light is gone. You feel the straps loosen, and you stand in unison with the others in the room. none of you speak, but you all wonder together what's going on...

Role
ok so that's really vague, isn't it.

Well while I don't want to give anything major away, I can give some more information.

1. This is going to be slightly lovecraft-esque - strange suspense horror.
2. Your characters will have certain, well, gifts that I will assign to them.
3. Guns will be involved.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
How will you work it without a dice and stat system?

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It is pretty vague. We don't even know if diaper or furry content is involved. Personally I'm staying out of it, because I always tend to play my own kind of personality, and I prefer my own gifts :p

Good luck.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'll join if I can do it via dial-up. Also I think it would be better to use dice but hell this would be my first role playing game online and I guess you would be the game master. Would we be able to use IRC or the flash chat here?

Role
We'd probably do it over IRC.

It's non-sexual but I suppose you can have your character be *B/DL/IC if you want.

Furry....probably not.

How will you work it without a dice and stat system?
It's by the "the game works how I want it to" system. Trust me, it'd work a lot better for a setup like this to not use dice.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I was thinking about joining in on this cause I haven't been able to RP much lately (people always busy... not really their fault I guess.), but then I wasn't sure. I figure you're expecting large posts or something and I don't always do that. I only do that when it seems necessary... like as an intro to something. And seeing that it's not furry at all.... yeah I'll just stay out of it. But I will say that it does sound interesting. So... I hope it works out well! :D

Role
I was thinking about joining in on this cause I haven't been able to RP much lately (people always busy... not really their fault I guess.), but then I wasn't sure. I figure you're expecting large posts or something and I don't always do that. I only do that when it seems necessary... like as an intro to something. And seeing that it's not furry at all.... yeah I'll just stay out of it. But I will say that it does sound interesting. So... I hope it works out well! :D
Not expecting large posts at all, actually, I friggin hate paragraph RPing.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
I'll do it. I've been in things like this before and IMO as long as the Games Master is good at it, it often beats dice based RPs. It is also better for telling a story than dice based.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Not expecting large posts at all, actually, I friggin hate paragraph RPing.
I think I just fell in love with you.

Those people who write entire paragraphs describing something as simple as "I said goodbye and went out the door," get on my nerves. Then they complain when a person writes only a sentence (a sentence that gets the point across fairly quickly).

Sounds interesting. I'm a fan of Lovecraft's work, and I do enjoy writing, but this still seems a little too vague for me. I might join, who knows?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
He said it was Lovecraftian, not about the Mythos.
Well Cthulhu was initially H.P. Lovecraft wasn't it? Personally I can't get into H.P. Lovecraft books/stories at all due to the witting. I have the same problem with lord of the rings as well.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well Cthulhu was initially H.P. Lovecraft wasn't it? Personally I can't get into H.P. Lovecraft books/stories at all due to the witting. I have the same problem with lord of the rings as well.
Lovecraft invented the whole Cthulhu thing, but that doesn't mean it's the only thing he wrote about.

Lovecraftian tends to define a very dark style of writing. It would be writing like him, but not necessarily about the same things.

And yea, he wrote during the early twentieth centurary, so naturaly his writing may seem a bit confusing. They're good stories, none-the-less.

Role
I'm thinking more and more that an association with Cthulhu WILL be involved at least a little bit, because I love that guy.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
blinded by the light, wrecked up like a deuce, you know, the roamer in the night, I struggle against my bonds... the bed creaks and lists to my writhing... I manage to twist the frame and scrape the wall... tearing a tendril of ichor which, as though wakened, rears slowly, a hideous slime-tentacle, which waves to and forth near my head, as though probing some unseen atmosphere... Gobbets of slime drip from the tear, onto my bonds near my shoulder, and dissolve it, smoking in noisome vapour though leaving my flesh strangely unhurt, as they squirm and slide toward the shapes I can not be sure are quite human, like foul, amorphous semiliquid slugs...

As my vision swirls and I half roll, half stagger to the floor, a charnel smell tears at me; I scream, "Goodbye" and exit through the door -

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
You guys are acting so much smarter than me...

Can I has RP now?

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Yes, of course, dude: The more the merrier :)

BTW back to the papgraph/simple statement subject... depends on the nature of the beast; but something Lovecraftian leans heavily on tone and atmosphere; which demands adjectives and adverbs and detail and description...

Another thought: Lovecraft invited others (Derleth etc.) to write their own works to contribute to his mythos; so the more contributing rp-ers the better, Diaperdude. That'll make the rp that much more Lovecraftian, though in a different than the usual sense.

X

xdeadx

Wait... People RP with dice??? How does that work?

And yea i don't do the paragraph RP thingy lol. I don't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.