Anyone heard of these 3 diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I was looking at videos online and stumbled upon this....
YouTube - Amateur Diaper 009

I have NEVER seen or heard about any of those diapers. He lists them if you did not catch the names they wore...Kolibri ComSlip, Supreme Classic Fit, then the last one he just calls "Perfect medium" without giving the brand. Anyone know what the heck that third one is or seen any of the first two before? I thinked the second one looked like my favorite cause it was plain white and seemed pretty thick, so probably good with absorbancy. I liked the third one too, but did not like the pink prints, if they were a bluish, boyish print it would probably be my favorite.

So what you guys think, seen them, hear of them, or opinions on them?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Those are diapers from overseas... you can't get them here.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
why does europe produce all the good diapers?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Funny... they don't have Secure/Bambino or Dry 24/7 in Europe.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Kolibri ComSlip,

Supreme Classic Fit,

then the last one he just calls "Perfect medium" without giving the brand.
1. Somewhere I have heard of them. It's sounds familiar.
2. I got a smilliar one to that. (check my gallery(should be there))
3. Never heard of.

SnowPrincessSophie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
But you can get them in the us by ordering from overseas sites, tons of sites that have worldwide shipping.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
though international shipping costs are outrageous...

Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I only found out about the "Perfect" brand diaper a couple days ago and its really piqued my interest. The designs are all over the diaper unlike a bambino where its just on the front only and they're varied as well. Plus it looks like it would hold more than most (only judging by thickness though). Only problem is that like you I don't know what it's called. I'm guessing the name really is "Perfect" though since the only site that I know of that sells it (well, samples of it at least) only refers to it as "Perfect" and then the size.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Actually diapers in the US are crappier (LOL) b/c of a regulation that most states have saying that a patient who is kept in diapers (hospital or nursing home) must be checked and changed every 2-4 hours. Hospitals and nursing homes are obviously the #1 purchasers of adult diapers... and they only want the thin ones... why waste that absorbancy when it is going to be changed anyways?

Also... the majority of persons using adult diapers in hospitals and nursing homes have extremely limited mobility... or they would be able to make it to the potty on their own. So the diapers don't really need to fit all that well either.

In Europe however (as I understand it) most incontinence supplies are paid for by the government. The government obviously wants to pay for as few diapers as possible... so they are made super thick and thirsty... with a thick plastic covering. AFIAK there is no law in europe that diapered patients are required to be changed every so many hours.

Someone please correct me on this if I am mistaken.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Thanks for the input everyone. I figured they were from europe since the person who posted them is from germany. So maybe peachy can pop in an see if he has seen any of those around. I was pretty surprised no europeans have said that they tried them yet. If you have please write a short review, I would love to hear about any of them.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
why does europe produce all the good diapers?
If you say "European" out loud, you should figure out why we produce all those diapers...."You're peein'" - means we need protection against ourself! :D

Funny... they don't have Secure/Bambino or Dry 24/7 in Europe.
The Dry 24/7 look surprisingly similar to Eurons. So we do have something similar. Maybe it's even the same product marketed under a different name - to get the "Euro"-bit out of the name.

In Europe however (as I understand it) most incontinence supplies are paid for by the government. The government obviously wants to pay for as few diapers as possible... so they are made super thick and thirsty... with a thick plastic covering. AFIAK there is no law in europe that diapered patients are required to be changed every so many hours.
Our diapers are paid by the medical insurance - we do not have a government-financed health system, but essentially, it's the same thing, because medical insurance is compulsory and very heavily regulated by the government.
I've never heard of a law or even a recommendation saying how often patients should be changed. In fact, the service in nursing home is often appalling, so I guess the nursing home staff is quite happy for thick diapers as it saves money on labor costs and stress for the employees. Whether it's a good thing for old people to lay in their bodily waste for hours is a different topic.

And to the topic at hand:
I've tried Kolibri - they suck! The plastic is super-thin and the tapes don't stick well. The absorbency on the Supra version (green color) wasn't that bad, although I'm not sure about the particular version the dude in the video had. I think it was the lowest absorbency version. Plus Kolibri recently switched to cloth cover, I heard.
I've never heard or seen the other brands mentioned in the video.

Peachy

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
And to the topic at hand:
I've tried Kolibri - they suck! The plastic is super-thin and the tapes don't stick well. The absorbency on the Supra version (green color) wasn't that bad, although I'm not sure about the particular version the dude in the video had. I think it was the lowest absorbency version. Plus Kolibri recently switched to cloth cover, I heard.
I've never heard or seen the other brands mentioned in the video.
Thanks for the response peachy, I thought you would have some knowledge on at least some of this. I am surprised they suck, i thought they looked pretty cool actually. Looks like a giant baby diaper almost.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I am surprised they suck, i thought they looked pretty cool actually. Looks like a giant baby diaper almost.
And baby diapers suck compared to adult ones in terms of comfort and absorbancy... ya can't just make a diaper bigger and hope it works right.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
And baby diapers suck compared to adult ones in terms of comfort and absorbancy... ya can't just make a diaper bigger and hope it works right.
Absorbency wasn't so bad for the Supra variety, but where's the point in a diaper that falls off you when you inhale (tapes popping) or when you wear it over an extended period of time, as the plastic tends to stretch over time, which makes the diaper slide down.

Peachy

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I havn't tried the supreme classic fit diapers. However I have a case of 80 very similiar diapers from the same company (kendall) called Lille Supreme fit Maxi.

From what I can tell they are very similar. The Lille supreme fit (the ones I have) hold slightly more than the classic fit and have more designs on them.

I personally like them, they are pretty thick. They are only folded once, probly due to the thickness and hold a lot.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I havn't tried the supreme classic fit diapers. However I have a case of 80 very similiar diapers from the same company (kendall) called Lille Supreme fit Maxi.

From what I can tell they are very similar. The Lille supreme fit (the ones I have) hold slightly more than the classic fit and have more designs on them.

I personally like them, they are pretty thick. They are only folded once, probly due to the thickness and hold a lot.
Wow thanks for the response and feedback. I would love to try those. They look really babyish to me cause they are like 98% white except the yellow wetness indicator. Plus their plastic covered and sound really crinkly, and the ones you said were thicker than those in the video (your talking about the second one they showed in the video right?), that must be really absorbant cause even the one in the video was thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.