Anyone have trouble sleeping when wearing?

donbrighton

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I tend to find that my favourite time to wear is when I'm thinking of going to bed, as I can then be naked (aside from my nappy), and more close to what I'm experiencing. However, I find I have the most horrendous nights' sleep when wearing. I don't know what it is that disturbs my sleep/subconscious so deeply that it keeps waking me up, but I'm intrigued to know whether I'm alone in this or not.
I feel like I don't somehow want to miss out on the experience of which I'm going through to disappear (wearing).

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: dl015, Piranha, KrankyPants and 1 other person
I use to be like that when I first started to wear when sleeping. After a while I go use to it and usually sleep better when wearing. Which is why I don't sleep well when out of town when around others that don't need to know I wear.

Reactions: SofiaInPampers and BigKid25
littlefun said:
I use to be like that when I first started to wear when sleeping. After a while I go use to it and usually sleep better when wearing. Which is why I don't sleep well when out of town when around others that don't need to know I wear.
I don't wear nearly as often as I'd really like to.
If I wore more, could I develop more psychologically into accepting sleeping whilst wearing in my subconscious mind?

Reactions: Kittyinpink and BigKid25
It takes time, it took me a while before I could actually fall asleep with a diaper on. I’d say it took me wearing consecutively for like a week or so to really get used to it. Having a good fitting diaper is also a good thing. You can definitely get used to it when I was younger I could not sleep if I tried wearing a diaper and that was basically until I tried wearing more consecutively.

Reactions: PNW509Little
donbrighton said:
I don't wear nearly as often as I'd really like to.
If I wore more, could I develop more psychologically into accepting sleeping whilst wearing in my subconscious mind?

100%. You have to get over the excitement with a bit of a binge part of the cycle so it's not so novel. I don't bedwet nor trust myself to wet while sleeping because of boy part position (I'm usually still aroused by wearing) but it is very comforting to sleep in diapers now. I don't want to get out of bed in the morning!

In fact, I have an automatic habit when I'm blackout drunk to beeline straight to the shower, into my room with a locked door behind me and right into putting on my diapers. It's a strange sense to be drinking one moment and waking up the next with some crinkly padding underneath me. Being hungover wears off the novelty quickly and the diapers are convenient when you don't have to rush to the bathroom first thing in the morning. I often leak after a night of drinking though, which also ruins the excitement.

I think the more often you diaper up before bed the less aware you'll become. When I came to terms and started wearing in high school I had trouble sleeping because I wasn't sure if my butt was fully covered because goodness do this thing where it sometimes shifts to one cheek and I have to pull it out and re center the pad. Over time I got used to it because apparently it doesn't affect performance. Nowadays, I can comfortably just fall asleep wearing my diapers and often forget I have one on when I wake up.

Reactions: PNW509Little and DamianTheAngel
No problems sleeping here in a nice, tight, snuggly, comfortable, warm, & comfortable diaper.🤗

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
I have the best night sleep when diapered. But I do remember when I first really started wearing I would be awake for a long time because I was loving the moment and didn't want to sleep. After a while you will find it gets easier and you will both enjoy the lovely feeling and also enjoy a good night's sleep.. I like to Diaper up early and watch television whilst having a good night drink of strong beer or whiskey and enjoy the look and feel of my diaperd body... Basically you will get used to it and I'm sure love it..

At the start it felt very un-natural. then again i did have a leg injury. but i got quite used to it. fortunately, the one night i decided to wear to bed after that i woke up mid accident so i was thankfully covered

Reactions: ronnieM and Kittyinpink
I sleep infinitely better in a diaper for all the obvious reasons: comfort, security, not getting up and just wetting my diaper in bed feeling the warmth spread inside, and just going back to sleep. No need for any sleep medication, just a diaper please. Maybe physicians should prescribe diapers for insomnia!

• Love
Reactions: PNW509Little and Kittyinpink
As many others have said (above) I had trouble falling or staying asleep when I first started wearing. But now I fall asleep quickly when diapered, knowing I am safely padded and will wake up with a dry bed (but a wet diaper). The trick for me was to keep wearing until I got used to the feeling of my diaper; that took several weeks. Just keep trying.

Reactions: PNW509Little, chamberpot and Kittyinpink
Thinking about it now, I definitely slept very comfortably when I first wore mine!
Bought them during Wintertime so they basically added to being cozy while sleeping. 😊

It does get easier to sleep in diapers with practice. In my experience, it's easier to focus on resting if I wear more than just a diaper to sleep in. If you can get away with thinner products, pull-ups, etc. then that can also help with heat.

Last edited:
Always hard to fall asleep with diapers on cuz you’re excited to be wearing one to bed. I’ve tried staying up late, take melatonin and they don’t help. What helps me is wearing them to bed every night and it gets easier every time.

Reactions: Tinytoes
I'm the opposite because I've worn diapers to bed most my life and if I don't I stay awake worrying that I might have an accident

Reactions: PNW509Little, DamianTheAngel and Kittyinpink
Babybear2006 said:
I'm the opposite because I've worn diapers to bed most my life and if I don't I stay awake worrying that I might have an accident
It's lovely to have comfort ..

Kittyinpink said:
It's lovely to have comfort ..
Yes its always nice to know that I'm protected from having to wake up to wet clothes and sheets

Reactions: Kittyinpink
When I first started wearing at night it took me a long time to get used to it. I had slept in the nude for my whole life wet bed a few times a month to a few times a week and always enjoyed the freedom of being nude and being wet, bed was always protected well but still was a lot of laundry to take care of. when I started wearing diapers they were very constricting to me but also I could wet every single night and never have to get up to go to the bathroom, it took me months to get used to the bulk between my legs and the fact that the bulk grew bigger as the night wore on, I am sure my wife is much happier with me not wetting the bed a few times a week and I am now very comfortable sleeping in a diaper.

Babybear2006 said:
Yes its always nice to know that I'm protected from having to wake up to wet clothes and sheets
I have been there.. I'm clever in my own way , but I have never talked my way out of wetting the bed.. it happens when I'm not prepared, usually because I've been drinking alcohol with a friend and I'm sleeping in a unusual bed. (Wish I had Diaper then...)

I don't recall ever having trouble sleeping when I was young and wore cloth diapers and plastic pants every night until I was 17. I slept well, and would awake in the morning feeling fresh in a wet diaper. Once I stopped wetting my bed and needing diapers my sleep habits became more erratic, through university, grad school and into my career. I tried as best I could suppress my desire to return to wearing diapers, especially at night, but once in awhile I would give in and wear a diaper when the urge was to strong to resist. When I did wear at night I found it almost impossible to sleep, probably due to how excited I felt having a diaper on and trying to wet myself. When I reached my mid-50's, I decided it was time to stop suppressing my desires and began wearing cloth diapers and rubber more and more until I reached the point where I knew I slept much better in my diapers, started wetting my bed nightly and slept as well as I had when I was a teen. Its been nearly 20 years now that I have been diapered for be and I still sleep soundly and now wake up in the morning in my wet diapers.

Back