Anyone going Trick or Treating tonight to celebrate Halloween?

Dolphin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi all,
I was wondering who was going Trick or Treating tonight, and if so, what costume you would be dressing up with. I have an awesome PAW Patrol costume (Marshall), but I'm still trying to work up the nerve of going out being an adult (earlies 20's). Any thoughts or tips from those who participate in Trick or Treating?

I think trick or treating should be for children only, sorry.

We had some dressing up, and passing out candy at work... but I couldn’t work up the courage to dress up myself :/

I dress up and march around the neighborhood saying hi to everyone, but I don't ask for treats. I just honestly want to dress up. :D

What I do is go to the store and buy a bag or two of my favorite candy and put it into my pumpkin pail to wait until I get home. But I can't go this year because I work tonight. :( (Although I could totally call in, I didn't do a costume.)

I wish it was more accepted in my area, the word is you don't give anything to someone that look older than 10 yrs old, and you don't answer the door if an adult is knocking and there's no little ones with them, sadly last year we had a few case where some disguised robbers did some home invasion on Halloween nights, so they have to be real careful. Its sad to think that people would do this kind of thing on such occasion.

It's illegal in my town to go trick or treating over the age of 12, if I remember correctly on the age.

I'm in my early 20's as well, but I'm short and flat so people just assume I'm around 12 when I go out trick-or-treating. I stopped growing decently early and haven't really changed since then. Nobody ever asks so I feel no need to tell them anything. Even though I go to the same place every year I doubt they recognize me at all since I only ever see those people on Halloween and only ever say 5 words to them, "trick-or-treat" and "thank you". I wasn't really dressed as anything specific this year, just something scary I put together from the stuff in my closet and my costume box.

Thank you everyone for their thoughts and comments. I spent about half an hour in my car tying to work up the nerve to go out outside, before finally making up my mind to just do it ®. I can't even begin to tell you guys how much fun I had. No one looked at me funny or said anything to discourage me. It did help though, that I had a really amazing costume (about $200 on eBay) and that I painted my face. I think it went as well as it did because I had a 'cute' costume and that I went all out (painted face, matching treat bag, etc.). I'm not very tall for my age and I'm clean shaven, so I can pass for about 16- 18 when wearing a costume. Because I had waited, I only went out for about half an hour, and managed to hit about 30 houses. This was the perfect time to go out, though, as I ran into a bunch of high schoolers all dressed up. My main concern before going out was hoping to find a group I could 'tag along' with, but after the first few houses, I started to relax and I actually prefered being by myself. I went to a neighborhood where almost everybody decorated their house and only went to the houses with the lights turned on. My own place only got 18 trick or treaters the whole night, so that's why I wanted to go to a place that had a lot of action. I had a bunch of people recognize my costume, and all of the little kids who went out with their parents wanted to say hi to 'Marshall'. One little boy sang the PAW Patrol theme song when he saw me and his face lit up when I sang along with him.🤗 Someone even wanted to take a picture of me with their dog, as their dog was a dalmation too! I was friendly to the people handing out candy, and if they asked about my costume, I told them I was planing on going out with my little brother, but he wasn't feeling to well tonight, so he wanted me to go out and to collect the candy for him. This wasn't actually untrue, as my little brother has been sick for the past few days, but he's 20, not 4 like people assumed. At one house, I felt a little uncomfortable when the person handing out candy was about 13, but even he didn't say anything. The best was when a little boy was handing out candy (it was late and he was done trick or treating) and gave me an extra handful because he liked my costume so much. I wasn't doing it for the candy (I have a job and can buy it myself), only for fun of going out dressed up as my favorite character. I had an awesome night and am so glad I had worked up the courage to dress up and go out.

Tips I can give those wanting to go out next year: have an amazing costume, don't stay out too late, be polite and friendly, and don't worry yourself wondering if someone will say something negative. Most people don't want to do something that would make themselves look bad, so they won't say anything. Also, throw a few pieces of candy in your bucket before starting to make it look like other people have given you candy too. 😉

Only times after 11 that I've gone trick or treating wasn't in costume, and was with younger cousins when I was around ~16. I was given candy along with them tho :)
Wouldn't dream of it now, it's considered highly rude to most, and as dogboy said in many area's it's also illegal over 12 and after 8pm.

pastel said:
I think trick or treating should be for children only, sorry.

I’m curious as to why you feel that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i didnt go out, instead i handed out candy. at my house, anyone who comesto the door gets a full sized candybar. adult or toddler. i dont discriminate, and everyone has fun.

I look like I'm 15 years old, so I decided to go trick or treating with a friend. It was fun and no one gave us a problem, but that's probably because they thought we're 15 or 16 years old.

Back in my late teens, me and some friends went trick or treating for UNICEF. Was able to dress up and hang out with friends while doing some good charity work. Most places gave us candy too. Was a good night.

Back