• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This is mostly for the UK People.

People in Newcastle, Yorkshire, London, Manchester, the Midlands and Norfolk felt the tremor just before 0100 GMT.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) said the earthquake was of the magnitude of 5.3 and the epicentre was near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire.

The main 10-second quake, which struck at 0056 GMT at a depth of 15.4km (9.6 miles), was the biggest recorded example since one with a magnitude of 5.4 struck north Wales in 1984.

But did you feel the quake? I certainly didn't! I was working on the train when it happened but never felt sod all!

Come to think of it. I think I did feel it but I never took notice cos when someone comes on board the train carriage usually shakes.

Tell us your little shaky exprince too.

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
This is mostly for the UK People.

It happened at 0100 GMT in Lancashire near Newcastle measured 6.1. most powerful we had. Only lasted for about 10 seconds though.
It was also said that it was felt down to South London too.

But did you feel the quake? I certainly didn't! I was working on the train when it happened but never felt sod all!

Come to think of it. I think I did feel it but I never took notice cos when someone comes on board the train carriage usually shakes.

Tell us your little shaky exprince too.
A building in the town next to mine blew up and shook everything does that count. But no i didn't feel the quake as i am in america.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I did. It frightened the hell out of me, first thoughts that ran through my mind was either an explosion or a ghost, me & my imagination.

First earthquake I've experienced. Today, I am a man.

According to Yahoo only one injury has been reported, from a falling chimney pot no less.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Sure didn't, but I don't live on the The Island, so that's not a surprise. When we had the last (minor) earthquake where I live, I was on vacation in Italy with my family, so I missed out on that too. Guess I'm not a man yet :sad:

When I woke up this morning, however, I had an MSN message from a friend who lives in that area (Leeds), asking me if I felt the quake.

Peachy

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Naw, that wasn't an earthquake! It was me. I let off this ripper of a fart!! :eek:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Slept through it! :p

But college was off today for me, because of electricity problems, and everyone had blamed (or praised?) the earthquake.

Thinking about it, something did wake me up in the night which is weird because usually once I'm asleep I'm out until morning. But I didn't feel anything, seems like everyone else did though.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Didn't feel it. Dunno if I was too far away to really feel it or I just slept through it... kinda disappointing really, I've always wanted to know what an earthquake feels like.

Ironically, I figured I'd go to sleep really early because I thought nothing interesting was going to happen that night...

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
when i was in san diego i felt a 3.7 earthquake when i was up late studying. i thought i was hallucinating from lack of sleep up until i saw the houses across the street rise and fall. i went right to bed after that point...
but no quakes here in mass. although the next possible quake along a fault line that runs somewhere near jersey/new york area is supposed to be intense.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Ironically, I figured I'd go to sleep really early because I thought nothing interesting was going to happen that night...
At our local science museum, there is an exhibit that demonstrates quite vividly what an earthquake is like. You get to sit in a mock-up living room, on a couch, and the entire room is built on huge hydraulic rams that spring in action and shake the room around quite badly. I honestly don't want to experience it in real life, because real rooms are not as flexible as an exhibit at a museum (and a real earthquake doesn't have an emergency stop button!)

Peachy

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
what was weird was the one i was in didn't really shake (since california is on a subversion fault line) but it rolled, which was fun, but WICKED unnerving!

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
But college was off today for me, because of electricity problems, and everyone had blamed (or praised?) the earthquake.
I was hoping that would kind of happen. Because It was my friends 18th birthday, and they went out at lunch and bought a few drinks while scive-ing french. But then, if there was no water, electricity, gas or whatever. Would the pubs be open? probably not. To Tesco! (they have a generator).

Erm.. I was woken up by it. Thought I'll check my computer to see if it still had the internet (as I have active incomplete torrents still). Went onto Adisc flash caht (as IRC wasn't workng >.>) And talk to Monkey.

wasn't really scared. More of excited to see how quick it would appear on the internet. Guess I turned into a Man too XD. Had some trouble sleeping though.

HardcoreMickal said:
but never felt sod all!
Isn't that a double negative? So you must of felt something :p.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
lol
i didn't feel it, but i was up all night working for my critique today, and my light went all funny and dimmed for about 10seconds or so, as did the street lights... thought nothing of it, then heard on the radio coming back from uni this morning that there was a freaking earthquake across england and wales o_O

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I've only felt one tremor before here on the US East Coast. IT was one evening in Spring 1984 and the epicenter was several miles north of us in Wilmington, DE. We lived along a highway heavily used by trucks and I first thought it was a VERY heavy truck bouncing by (the road surface was pretty rough from the heavy use) causing our house to kind of vibrate for several seconds. The next day I heard the report it was actually a quake I felt.

~Pramrider

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nope, but I remember feeling a smaaall earthquake a few years ago in the morning, I thought it was my father going down the stairs. XD

Lordluke

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Earth quake what earthe quake

Hi Guys

No I didn't ehheheeh it might have something to do with me living in Brisbane Australia???? Anyway hope every one is ok over there in Pommie land

Cheers

Luke

Role
Diaper Lover
Too right I felt it and it scared the crap out of me. The funny thing was hardly of my mates the next day said they felt it.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
We don't get any natural disasters where I live! Too hilly for tornadoes and hurricanes, no earthquakes... no volcanoes! But we do get some (very small and short) floods and lightning storms, even during the monsoons in the summer.

So nope!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Update: College was off the day after too. :D

Such an easy week. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.