• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Anyone familiar with Fixies diapers(European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Has anyone here had any experience with the Fixies line of diapers? I saw it on ebay, the seller was stating they were much larger and thicker than pampers, but he's also trying to sell a product...

I did a little research into the Fixies diaper line, and their advertised weight range is 16kg-30kg. Most diaper won't advertise a high end like that, so I thought this seller might be telling the truth. I was wondering if anyone here has purchased them, and if so are they indeed larger and thicker than normal baby diapers here in the US?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Fixies are a German brand. Generally all European diapers run bigger than the ones in the US....even ones of the same brand ---i.e. pampers.

you could always ask for the complete dimensions....

most people selling vintage disposables will do this because they know who "we" are.

Role
Diaper Lover
Many years ago I had Fixies and they are bigger and thicker than pampers, but I couldn't really tell you if they still are. The classic might be, I occasionally see them for sale on ebay but they aren't the plastic type just in case you think that.

Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I've always wondered if it'd be feasible to import a product like that from Europe. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that import duties would outweigh profits in retail and online markets. It may be a better product, but it's an unknown fighting against established brand names. There may be some market in the *B/DL community, but probably not enough to profit. Still a fun idea, and one I'm going to look into, but unlikely to work out as a business.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I haven't read anything on german boards about the fixies being way bigger than other baby diapers, there is a brand sold in the "Schlecker" markets that is slightly bigger than pampers size 6 (~as big as your 7 from what I've heard). Personally I find them to fit better than pampers size 6 (which fit me, but I use them as stuffers mostly because it doesn't feel like being diapered). I'd say you are wasting your money trying to get non-vintage european diapers, I'd rather get some japanese high-tech ones :)

Role
Diaper Lover
Hrmm, sounds like I need to take a world diaper(read: Amsterdam too) sampling trip, trying out diapers in various countries. *goes into daydream mode...*

Status
Not open for further replies.