Anyone ever ordered on eBay from Big Tots (mslorainex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm trying to determine my size for little clothes.
I'm worried because when I ordered a onesie from baby pants it was way too big even though measurements seemed like they should be ...

So my question is does anyone know if baby pants does run big? Or anything about sizing there or Big Tots on eBay?

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I would order a new size from baby pants. I always order one pair from someone before I start buying others because I want to make sure it fits so I am not wasting all that money by buying a bunch of wrong sizes because the measurements said they would fit me.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I would order a new size from baby pants. I always order one pair from someone before I start buying others because I want to make sure it fits so I am not wasting all that money by buying a bunch of wrong sizes because the measurements said they would fit me.

I would tend to agree except baby-pants has such limited clothing options...

diaperbobby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have won one auction from Big Tots (been outbid the other times I tried). The size of the plastic lined diaper cover was basically true to size, but just a little bit less room in them than I had expected--they were OK, though. If you are bidding or buying from Big Tots, I would try to be mid-way of the size range offered. I believe whatever you get will fit pretty well that way.

Pulluplover

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would ask her for advice. It really varies depending on the product. Onsies are the most complicated to figure out...So many variables like body shape, how thick a diaper you usually wear, ect.

Albertje

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I have several of her onesies and the measurements she gives are pretty much spot on. All you need is a tape measure and measure your own body (with your diaper on)
and get a onesie with the same sizes or slightly bigger if you like some room. Be aware that the onesies hardly stretch lengthwise!

Halseyn

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
She does excellent work and a great variety. Contact her to discuss your needs and measurements.

WildRoseBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have some onesies from her and the measurements were bang on. Which is good because I have not had much luck getting one that fits from other sources.

babylock1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Measuring myself is so difficult ... the struggle is real with this one

Presuming you do this solo ala lonesome you - But this is best done with an assistant; confederate; partner etc.

Forget about measuring in quebits - you are not Noah building an Ark.

Now now quit trying to use a yard stick or carpenters metal tape measure.
Get a quality fabric tape measure and here is the important part measure yourself in front of a mirror better yet if it has folding sides to see around corners.
Now you can see how the tape measure lies along the shape of your body and if there are any kinks that will give a false measurement.

Factor in are you planning to wear thin disposable diapers or 1 or more cloth or fat heavy duty diapers and heavy gauge diaper covers.
If you compress the tape measure (pull tightly) the measurements are going to be distorted.
Pay attention to the measurements that the clothing designer needs for you fantasy or real life project and back to the carpenter remember to measure twice and cut once - Get it right the first time !
Ask questions if the fabric used by the designer is going to be (spandex) stretchable or has elastic properties at the neck waist wrists and ankles.
Careful ordering fantasy clothing from China - those people have shorter arms and at this point do not construct clothing in large PLUS adult sizes suitable for folks in the western world.
You don't see much clothing from India but careful here also - these designers only think in 2 dimensions (paper doll cutouts fitting over a flat cardboard frame) they don't seem to realize
that people have a 3rd dimension (depth) !

So now you have your mission laid out - communicate with the clothing designer for the best results that will work for the both of you !

Status
Not open for further replies.