Anyone ever feel out of place?

findingacceptance

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
For years, I've tried to find a place where I fit in. I grew up in a small town, but never felt right being there. I didn't share any hobbies with anyone. I was too soft hearted for hunting and felt no desire to wear camo, even just as a style.
In my adult life, I've moved many times, each one searching for a place where I could fit. Many times I was told that I didn't fit in. Being in an area with so few AB's just reinforces the fact to me that I dont fit in. I'm hoping to find a place online where I do, but I just wanted to know if anyone else felt out of place where they were.

Reactions: FeliDaKitten, Fireheat and diaperfooties
Sorry to hear that I too have sturggled with feeling a lone as well. Being abdl can be very difficult at times. Please feel free to message me any time would love to talk and get to know more people. @little Andy#7829

Hi Kiddo

wellcome to the community and you will fit reight in hear.

and as for society I defenty do fit in. I just embrace the weirdness.

findingacceptance said:
For years, I've tried to find a place where I fit in. I grew up in a small town, but never felt right being there. I didn't share any hobbies with anyone. I was too soft hearted for hunting and felt no desire to wear camo, even just as a style.
In my adult life, I've moved many times, each one searching for a place where I could fit. Many times I was told that I didn't fit in. Being in an area with so few AB's just reinforces the fact to me that I dont fit in. I'm hoping to find a place online where I do, but I just wanted to know if anyone else felt out of place where they were.
I do I live in the UK so we are a small island so there’s not many ABDL friends I know in fact there none I know in the UK

Starlight12 said:
I do I live in the UK so we are a small island so there’s not many ABDL friends I know in fact there none I know in the UK
there is a lot of us in the UK

check out https://fetlife.com/groups/56698

so what part of the UK are you in?

Hugs

Siysiy

Reactions: Fireheat
DanielW said:
I've never really felt "in place" anywhere really.
I second that

It is hard to find strong friendship let alone acceptance the older we get. Everyone is busy, and lives cause us to focus on ourselves, our spouses, and our families. There is seldom time, speaking for myself, to actually reach out for friendships and acceptance outside of the circles we are already part of.

Then you add a layer of ABDL on top of that and we can often feel even father outside the circle of acceptance. We felt most of our lives that no one was like us, or no one would possibly understand us (again speaking from my personal experience). Sharing it with ANYONE can be brutal.

Keep putting yourself out there, and you will find people who you can become friends with. There will RARELY come a time when you find that "perfect" friend that shares everything. If you are married, you will find your spouse will have friends and you and their spouse may not have much in common. I believe that is even rarer to pair two pairs of people together that share so much commonality.

Considering my wife and myself, we absolutely love each other but do not necessarily share a lot of the same hobbies.

Stay tough, and lean on the online ABDL community to help you realize that you are not alone. There are others, even if we are very far away, who understand and share your interests.

Reactions: Moonshot, TyphaHare and findingacceptance
aberrantlyme said:
It is hard to find strong friendship let alone acceptance the older we get. Everyone is busy, and lives cause us to focus on ourselves, our spouses, and our families. There is seldom time, speaking for myself, to actually reach out for friendships and acceptance outside of the circles we are already part of.

Then you add a layer of ABDL on top of that and we can often feel even father outside the circle of acceptance. We felt most of our lives that no one was like us, or no one would possibly understand us (again speaking from my personal experience). Sharing it with ANYONE can be brutal.

Keep putting yourself out there, and you will find people who you can become friends with. There will RARELY come a time when you find that "perfect" friend that shares everything. If you are married, you will find your spouse will have friends and you and their spouse may not have much in common. I believe that is even rarer to pair two pairs of people together that share so much commonality.

Considering my wife and myself, we absolutely love each other but do not necessarily share a lot of the same hobbies.

Stay tough, and lean on the online ABDL community to help you realize that you are not alone. There are others, even if we are very far away, who understand and share your interests.
Thank you so much for these kind words.

I have felt this way before, like I was on the outside looking in. But then I realized something profound and funny: I was on the inside looking out! just try to have adventures and put yourself out there. Easier said then done, but it is the only way.

I feel out of place a lot, I live in a small town and wouldn't be surprised if there were no other ABDLs in town, but I really wouldn't want people in town knowing I'm ABDL as with Small towns it is easy to become known by most of the population

Whenever I mention gaming to anyone I feel out of place then as well because everyone I know that's a gamer seems to have an Xbox, whereas I have PS4 and a Switch (and it took a while before I got the switch) and I dont know anybody with either besides a friend I have that is like the Hugest Nintendo fanboy ever, especially when it comes to Mario and Zelda games and Smash Brothers.

Even in my card hobby I clashed with people on reddit and that was a scary experience with people threatening and nearly blackmailing me, so I left that area.

I do like this website and sometimes DD as well though, they seem like someplace I feel like I fit into enough (because of our shared interest in Diapers and ABDL)

There are a lot of us out there, it is just that we stay hidden. Years ago I met another crossdresser who took me to a few events were I could be my feminine self. The Fetlife munches are a good and safe way to met people.

Yes.
There are many of us with these feelings.
Being Autistic and having Cerebral Palsy, I have felt out of place a lot of times.
I am eccentric and unusual as a person.
I admit to being from another planet.
Yes.
Very common feelings among us Autistics.
But, I feel accepted here.

I know I felt like I didn't fit in the past. But I think that the older I get the less I care what other people think. Now I do live in a relatively large area not a huge City but it's not a small town. I also live in the east in the US so it's an area that isn't very judgy to begin with.
I don't really know any other AB people in real life but I can say that this is probably the most supportive group of people you will ever come in contact with. This is a place where you can feel at home and talk about whatever is on your mind.

May I ask, what is it you are looking for? Just a few close friends or to be able to fit in at all times with all groups?

I don't like fitting in, I hate "manly" adult conversations and situations, I never EVER laugh. Like if there are 5 guys standing around telling stories I feel like an alien, especially when the 4 other guys are laughing and howling and I just stand there smiling awkwardly.

"Ya then the fuc$@#ker turns around and whacks him in the head" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

🤪😝🤣😂 <--- Them
😐<--- Me

Back