Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Everyone is unique and certainly most of us on this site are pretty damn unique. I am curious, though, are there are any other diaper wearing surfers out there? Anyone? [...crrriiiiik....crickets chirping in the background]

You know, the riding waves kinda surfing. Here are some surf sayings to get things started....

"If it swells, ride it!"
"Surfing is not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that"

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
I've tried it and enjoyed myself while trying, but I've got no upper body strength and I'm overweight + out of shape, so I couldn't really pull myself up into a standing position off the bat. I can get to my knees and THEN stand up but yeah xD

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I only surf the web. Not the response you wanted huh :p?

A

Asher

It's a little hard for me to surf considering I live in the desert, so sadly, no : (

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
It's a healthy addiction. I'm currently having withdrawal symptoms since here in Florida we are having are typical flat summer spells. I can't travel right now either. Not the best place to live as a surfer, but certainly not the worse either.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I believe Novasurf does. I remember him talking about diapers under wetsuits some time ago.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Thanks Darkfin. Diapers under wetsuits....hmmm....never tried that.

I've tried it and enjoyed myself while trying, but I've got no upper body strength and I'm overweight + out of shape, so I couldn't really pull myself up into a standing position off the bat. I can get to my knees and THEN stand up but yeah xD

It does take a lot of upper body strength. Most of the surfers I know, including myself, have chicken legs, but proportionately larger upper torso, shoulders and arms. You have to be able to "pop" up to your feet in an instant. You can practice this maneuver out of the water, it's like a marine push-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
It does take a lot of upper body strength. Most of the surfers I know, including myself, have chicken legs, but proportionately larger upper torso, shoulders and arms. You have to be able to "pop" up to your feet in an instant. You can practice this maneuver out of the water, it's like a marine push-up.

Yeah I dont have any real strength in my arms, which was where all my problems came in XD I also couldn't get any real waves- like you I'm in florida, and the waves here as you can see suck really badly. lol What part of florida are you in? ^^ I'm up near daytona beach o:

Role
  1. Private
Everyone is unique and certainly most of us on this site are pretty damn unique. I am curious, though, are there are any other diaper wearing surfers out there? Anyone? [...crrriiiiik....crickets chirping in the background]

You know, the riding waves kinda surfing. Here are some surf sayings to get things started....

"If it swells, ride it!"
"Surfing is not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that"

I have surfed on one occasion, spread over a two-week period in my youth.

It was a longboard. With no grip-tape or wax. In the ocean. With ten-year-old me driving.

I stood up and surfed along for ~10 feet on/in a 3-foot wave. No big deal, but it felt like one!

At some point, I'd like to go back and try with a board not from the 1970s. That thing was HEAVY and cumbersome!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
You can't really wave surf here but you do have a lot of kite surfers here.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I was in college my parents newspaper boy, who was my best friend was a great surfer. I had a 1967 Pontiac LeMans convertible, so the top went down and the board went in the back. I did a lot of body surfing. I would have liked to surf, but my parents didn't have much money, and I was in college, so no board. Still, riding the waves in with just your body was a thrill, especially after a hurricane.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
No big deal, but it felt like one!

Yes! It's a huge deal. I first stood up back in 1984. Bitten by the surf bug ever since. Today's boards are so much lighter than those logs back in the 60's and 70's. I ride both short boards (prefer) and longboards (only when it's really small). In fact, I'm having a new short board shaped soon.

Still, riding the waves in with just your body was a thrill, especially after a hurricane.

That's how my brother and I got interested in surfing in the first place! Body surfing is the purest form of surfing. I bodysurfed out in Hawai'i several years ago in pounding shore break. Extremely fun stuff.

You can't really wave surf here but you do have a lot of kite surfers here.

This is very popular in Florida too. I see kiters sometimes whipping past me coming through the lineup. That is not so fun. I've known some kiters who have gotten seriously injured when the kite has taken off in a sudden gust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This is very popular in Florida too. I see kiters sometimes whipping past me coming through the lineup. That is not so fun. I've known some kiters who have gotten seriously injured when the kite has taken off in a sudden gust.

Me too, just today I had to bind up someone's fingers (I'm a lifeguard) and nearly pick one of them out of the sea as something came loose. but his buddies had helped in out by time we got there.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Well if body surfing counts, i've done that a grand total of two times when I was in the carribean a couple of years ago.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I went surfing for the first time today. I can't get to the ocean, so I surfed off the back of a boat on a lake. We put a big water sack in the back corner to kick up the wake really high and got up using a rope. After you find the sweet spot on the wake, you didn't even need the rope anymore. It was a lot of fun and I'm hoping on doing it again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.