• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Anyone else find that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassyeyedbb

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Anyone else find that when you wear diapers outside of RP or in public your mood changes? I know that i'm usually an unconcentrated, loud mouthed and hyper and social person normally. But with a diaper on i am more quiet, antisocial and even focused, though not on purpose. I feel almost as if i'm subconsciously acting as i did back when i was younger (before i was made into the social person i am today, maybe its because diapers put me on the defensive). I'm sure the rule doesn't apply to all but i just want to see if any feels their mood changes in anyways when they wear diapers as opposed to when their not.

S

secretdl26

I haven't really worn in public, but I think that the anxiety of being caught plays a large part in the change in your mood.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I guess I'm a little self-conscious when I'm wearing in public, worrying that I will leak or show at my waistline :(

Otherwise, I'm sort of quiet anyway so I think it would not be noticeable.

wolfpup2008

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Here is my experience.

When my mood for wearing in public is to comfort myself or to maintain an "altered state" then I am definitely more quiet, less outgoing, less focused, less goal oriented.

When my mood is of the "I can do this because I want to and it's nobody else's business what I am wearing underneath my clothes" kind, then I feel empowered, my mind is sharper.

I am only self conscious about my diapers when I know that they are obvious to others, such as at the gym or with my wife.

awesomeness787

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The answer is probably yes for most of us who don't wear around others and/or outside of home. For those who wear 24/7 it's probably no big deal since it's become a part of their lifestyle.

I've only worn a few times away from home, each time I was quite nervous and unable to concentrate very well.

Role
Private
Not particularly. I've worn diapers out many times before and I'm not really phased by the whole ordeal these days. Sure, I'm a bit more conscious of my actions and surroundings, but I'm nonetheless still the same person. ^_^

Pawlf

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I never wear in public, I don't like wearing pants over my diapers, they get hot real quick because I wear only the plastic backed variety. I do feel a small sense of feeling like a young kid again. I also don't wear them all the time, only when I have that certain desire to do so.

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I wear diapers all the time in public as I am incontinent. I haven't found that there is any difference in my attitude or mood really. I suspect that this is for two reasons. Firstly being incontinent, it is a necessity that I wear and I wear in order to be able to function normally, so I guess it is more likely to be detrimental to my mood if I don't wear them. Also I am definitely a DL not an AB, so it may well be a difference between the two, as i don't wear to make myself feel babyish anyway.

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I wear out in public on occasion, I do think about it but just enough to make sure I can't see it or that I'm not leaking.

bedwett

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I have to wear them in public almost all the time cause i'm incontinent. But depending on my bladder behaviour I can go sometimes without them (only for a short time). When my incontinence started and I for the first time had to wear 24/7 i realized that my i was somewhat more focused on my surroundings (would somebody notice) and I had in many cases a pretty bad mood. But now I'm used to it my behaviour is like normal, only a bit more consious if other people would see.

Goose

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Really, I haven't found any public change at all. I usually act myself. I think I'm only more conscience when I know my diaper is close to being full, and the it's only to worry about leaking. Other than that, it's relatively easy to keep a diaper concealed, so I don't really care too much about showing, and most people are too ignorant to notice anyway.

maccracker18

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
For me it really kinda depends. Sometimes if im in that kinda little kid type mood and i am wearing it really brings it out. Or like now when im having a bad day or having some issues with paranoia i tend to be really really quiet and just away from everyone. Seems like anymore though i just dont care lol. Im a senior, if someone sees that im in them i wont probably have to deal with them in another few months anyway lol

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
When I'm diapered, I tend to be more loner and less focused than I am in my normal state. And I tend to think about diapers a lot, which obviously makes myself less efficient. :tongueout:

If I go out diapered - even if I'm not among other people - I tend to feel like part of my mind is constantly reminding me that I'm in diapers and I'm hiding it from people. Then, once I'm in the middle of a social situation, I think that from an outsider's perspective little or no difference can be noticed from when I'm not diapered.

With time and practice, of course, these psychological side effects have been getting weaker, and learning to control them has also had a positive effect on my self control in general. Since diapers, expecially in public, tend to make me lean towards the borders of my comfort area, it's easier to observe how my mind works if I'm in situations that are more stressful than average.

An interesting thing I have noticed is that, when I'm getting dressed before going out diapered, I feel slightly nervous, and it's quite a thrill even after many years I'm into diapers.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Not for me I would say. I have worn around my parents and out in public and apart from being more aware and conscious when bending over I can't say I notice any difference. My parents act the same way towards me when I am, so I can only assume they don't either. I can imagine it could make some people act differently, especially if they were nervous of wearing around others. I think it all comes from your attitude about the diapers, not the diapers themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.