Anyone else excited for the iPhone 3GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The third generation of the iPhone, the "3GS" comes out this Friday! I can't wait!

I've only had an iPhone for a few weeks, but I'm hooked. My current one will be returned Friday morning for a preordered 3GS, and I can't wait to try out all the new stuff, and iPhone OS 3.0... Finally, turn-by-turn GPS directions! Supposed to be a lot faster, too.

ANybody else here got one? Anyone going to try and pick one up on Friday?

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The iPhone looks epic. However, plans suck balls. Given my present financial state, I couldn't justify spending 200 bucks on a phone plus 80-100 bucks per month for a plan.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I always liked the Iphone but I still have not ever had a cell phone other then a crappy used prepaid one that sucked.

Anyways I would never get a cellular plan from AT&T, the company sucks with their home phone plans anyway. I would much rather get it on Sprint or Verizon. So unless Apple cut's their ties to a ultra craptastic company, there's no point in getting one.

B

Butterfly Mage

I have T-Mobile, so there's no iPhone in my future. I wouldn't mind picking up an iTouch MP3 player however.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm planning on getting this one when my plan for my current phone runs out (not until Octoberish...). I have the first generation iPod Touch right now, and I love it.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have the first generation iPod Touch right now, and I love it.

Nice :) Don't forget that the 3.0 OS comes out Wednesday... IIRC it's only 9.99 for iTouch users.

Anyways I would never get a cellular plan from AT&T, the company sucks with their home phone plans anyway. I would much rather get it on Sprint or Verizon. So unless Apple cut's their ties to a ultra craptastic company, there's no point in getting one.

FWIW, Sprint was rated by JD Power as the worst carrier in the US for customer satisfaction. AT&T is in the middle, but (knock on wood) I haven't personally had any issues in 2 years with 'em.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]tbh, I'm perfectly happy with my iPod Touch 2g (especially when 3.0 adds bluetooth) so I think I'll pass. I never really saw the benefit of iPhone over the iPod Touch, and definitely not considering iPhone means €40 a month bill pay contract here (Damn you O2, I spend about a €10 every 2 months on phones).[/font]

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always liked the Iphone but I still have not ever had a cell phone other then a crappy used prepaid one that sucked.

Get one, jailbreak it and use it on anther network. Loads of people do it that way lol.

I'm still tied into my 2 yr contract, it runs out I think in March 2010. I'll be getting one then. I'm glad I saw this thread as I was seriously just going to go buy it and pay the $500 deposit, but since I got my car now it's helping my credit so yay to no deposit XD.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Nice :) Don't forget that the 3.0 OS comes out Wednesday... IIRC it's only 9.99 for iTouch users.

I will only if you can keep watching deleted Youtube videos like you can now. Otherwise I'm not getting it.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I am stuck with Verizon right now..but I'm quite jealous. I watched the "guided tour" this weekend, that new iPhone looks PRETTY SWEET.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have had my Iphone 3g now in 6 months, first I jailbroke it, it worked perfectly for some months but then something happend and I had to get it repaired because it completly stopped working, and now on the new one it seems I cant jailbreake it... Im already wanting to get a new cell phone. you will lose intresse in it really really fast so I would suggest to you all to get some other phone!

ps. the battery is drained pretty fast on the Iphone!

Little2Roo

Published Author
Company Rep
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
You bet I'm excited! I just pre-ordered mine today (means I won't get it until next week, though :frown:). I currently have the Blackberry Storm (for which I paid through the nose for) and will now pay AGAIN to get the new iPhone. I kind of have to, though. Can't imagine my life without one (yeah, the tech geek in me is coming out).

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other

I got a letter in the mail yesterday that informed me that AT&T had bought out verizon, so hopefully they will carry the iphone by the time i go to renew my contract.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
According to this ATT bought several assets that Verizon had up for auction to resolve some antitrust issues after they acquired Alltel, not the entire Verizon Co. Sorry.

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got a letter in the mail yesterday that informed me that AT&T had bought out verizon, so hopefully they will carry the iphone by the time i go to renew my contract.

Uhh, riiiight... Verizon just bought out AllTel. Verizon also will not even have the chance for the iPhone until they move to LTE along with AT&T and the rest of the world. Right now Verizon uses CDMA network technology, it's slower data speeds, and the only other carrier to use CDMA is sprint. Apple is too smart to release such a popular phone using a radio that is exclusive to the USA.

Sprint? um, to each their own. Verizon? I've never seen a company put so many limits on hardware. No GPS functionality, no WI-Fi, etc.

<<Comments are of my opinion, they are opinion, you don't have to agree with them.>>

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
I have an iPod touch and as we read am downloading iPhone OS 3.0 to it. Seems good but seems steep for a 9.95 price that i can easily afford. An iPhone has been one of my most coveted forms of technology but have Verizon. If Verizon ever gets the rights to the iPhone I will get it in a heartbeat.

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone else excited for the iPhone 3GS?

No, but I'm excited about the regular iPhone now being only $99 - cheaper than all but 1 iPod. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.