Anyone else disappointed with President Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Butterfly Mage

So, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been a lot of policy "change" since Obama was elected?

BUSH: Funded a two-front war in the Middle East that cost $10 billion per month and has no concrete mission objectives.
OBAMA: Continued funding of a two-front war in the Middle East will cost $106 billion this year and still has no concrete mission objectives.

BUSH: Spent eight years demonizing gays.
OBAMA: Propped up "Don't Ask Don't Tell". Compared same-sex partnerships to incest and then did a 180 on DOMA.

BUSH: Gave multi-billion-dollar bailouts to megacorporations that spent a decade making bad business decisions.
Obama: Still giving multi-billion-dollar bonuses to mega-corporations that made bad business decisions for a decade.

Bush: supported torturing people in Gitmo.
Obama: Decided Gitmo wasn't such a bad idea after all and kept it open.

BUSH: Created a guzzler tax credit to make it easier for rich folks to buy Hummers and Escalades.
OBAMA: "Cash For Clunkers" allows rich folks to get a payout when they trade their 9 MPG Hummer H2 for an 11 MPG Caddilac Escalade XLT.

BUSH: Allowed millions of illegal aliens to enter the USA.
OBAMA: Has done nothing to strengthen our borders.

BUSH: Gas prices spiked after every election.
OBAMA: gas prices jumped a dollar in 100 days and are still headed up.

BUSH: Lost half a million American jobs during the last twelve months he was in office.
OBAMA: Still losing half a million American jobs every month.

BUSH: Increased the debt by a trillion dollars per year.
OBAMA: The year isn't up yet, but it's looking like a trillion or even more.

Methinks Obama should update his 2012 re-election slogan to "Same Old Same Old" instead of "Change We Can". Or how about "Change We Could But Decided Not To!"?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
You make some interesting points. :chin:

A

aj1983

It's only been like 6 months. Give him a bit more time to get settled in, have policies written up, stack the supreme court in his favour, etc, etc. That being said, yes, I'm also a bit disappointed in how slow things have been moving. But i guess the economy is eating up a lot of his time :(

A

Asher

It's still Obama's first year; a president can never accomplish that much in their first year. However, I do agree with you; he really isn't doing a lot right now. If this still hasn't changed in two years, then there is a problem.

Personally, I found it annoying that PETA got on Obama's ass for killing that fly. Anyone's take on that?

- Asher

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
WTH - 6 months and inheriting the worse scenario in US history

WTF Butterfly Mage, I am extremely disappointed that you have authored this thread. We have had enough right wing Obama bashing without your help.

It has been 6 months since his inauguration and much (all) of what he is dealing with was inherited from the Bush Administration and the Republican Party.

The Iraq and Middle East War was Bush's $13 Trillion (estimates of total cost by it's termination) War on Terror. America was already fucked at that point.

That combined with poor oversight by Federal Regulatory Agencies (all lead by Republican - Bush Appointees) on our economic front and the full-on corruption and greed of investors and financial organizations who cried foul regarding governmental interference and too much big government (READ: Largely Republicans) has led to a full-on world-wide economic collapse.

Prior to this collapse, there were countless numerous healthy corporations and national businesses that fell due to the collapse of the sub-prime mortgages or loans.

WTH - This is going to take a long time to turn around, and bashing a new administration will not change this situation - ever.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
What did you expect, he's a politician.

FYI though, closing Giotmo will do absolutely nothing. It'd merely be a symbolic gesture.

S

soren456

So, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been a lot of policy "change" since Obama was elected?

BUSH: Funded a two-front war in the Middle East that cost $10 billion per month and has no concrete mission objectives.
OBAMA: Continued funding of a two-front war in the Middle East will cost $106 billion this year and still has no concrete mission objectives.

BUSH: Spent eight years demonizing gays.
OBAMA: Propped up "Don't Ask Don't Tell". Compared same-sex partnerships to incest and then did a 180 on DOMA.

BUSH: Gave multi-billion-dollar bailouts to megacorporations that spent a decade making bad business decisions.
Obama: Still giving multi-billion-dollar bonuses to mega-corporations that made bad business decisions for a decade.

Bush: supported torturing people in Gitmo.
Obama: Decided Gitmo wasn't such a bad idea after all and kept it open.

BUSH: Created a guzzler tax credit to make it easier for rich folks to buy Hummers and Escalades.
OBAMA: "Cash For Clunkers" allows rich folks to get a payout when they trade their 9 MPG Hummer H2 for an 11 MPG Caddilac Escalade XLT.

BUSH: Allowed millions of illegal aliens to enter the USA.
OBAMA: Has done nothing to strengthen our borders.

BUSH: Gas prices spiked after every election.
OBAMA: gas prices jumped a dollar in 100 days and are still headed up.

BUSH: Lost half a million American jobs during the last twelve months he was in office.
OBAMA: Still losing half a million American jobs every month.

Methinks Obama should update his 2012 re-election slogan to "Same Old Same Old" instead of "Change We Can". Or how about "Change We Could But Decided Not To!"?

This is an appalling, deliberate misrepresentation of the Obama's record, of fact, of process.

You have lost every shred of credibility you might have had.

B

Butterfly Mage

He had total control over his decision to stab gays in the back. Comparing same-sex relationships to incest?! Call me crazy, but I think there's a difference between the relationship I have with my partner, and how it was when my father molested me.

His decision to reinforce DOMA was the last straw for me.

S

soren456

He had total control over his decision to stab gays in the back. Comparing same-sex relationships to incest?! Call me crazy, but I think there's a difference between the relationship I have with my partner, and how it was when my father molested me.

I'm gay and I agree with you. I don't want to support him, I don't want to let him get away with it. And I won't.

But that doesn't make my case so important, so special that I sweep away all perspective, all balance and all respect for truth to smear him and utterly misrepresent his record and the possibilities that confront him.

That's what you have done. You owe this site an apology.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

Obama already has nearly 2 trillion dollars "spent" in stimulus plans and that does not even add in the cost of the operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Also I am pretty sure we are going to be spending more money on patrols outside of North Korea and provide humanity aid to Iran's citizens even if we go though another countries embassy for it.

But I got to ask you... are any of you really shocked by this?

The democrats pretty much have complete control in nearly every section in government. So it's not like me or any other republicans can really oppose them.

Also Butterfly does not owe any of us a apology. Butterfly was criticizing Obama's actions or lack of actions which is a completely normal thing to do as a a american citizen who votes. That has NOTHING to do with you or anyone here.

B

Butterfly Mage

Show me one thing he's done differently than his predecessor.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A gay wiccan republican?

I have seen it all!

I love how not criticizing Obama makes you a republican. Say if I look up Republican in the dictionary right now, will it say "One who does not support president Obama and/or one who criticizes Obama."?

How dare you form a different opinion/view then ours RAWR!!!!!!

M

Mako

They're required to uphold the current law, though your going to have to source the incest comment. The Obama administration has stated several times that to have it properly appealed, they need to go through the senate. Which is what they're currently trying to do.

The Iraq war. Well here's the kicker everyone, we were wrong. The surge actually worked, and Iraq has improved dramatically. Theres a reason to stay now.
It was never Obama's plan to pull out of Afghanistan however. His plan was to refocus troups back on Afghanistan, something the other countries commited to THAT war have been asking the Bush administration for years.

Obama did try to close Gitmo, and still is. Everyone just flipped out about having terrorists on american soil. It was really quite retarded.

Obama nor Bush has magical control of the economy, nor gas prices. Your critiques upon them are completely ignorant how the economy works.

The bail-outs given by the two are REALLY different. Bush gave the no strings attached bail-outs that were abused. Unfortunately Obama gets the blame.

As for the debt, you have to spend money to make money. Hoarding what little pennies America had left would not improve the system that is bankrupting it.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
They're required to uphold the current law, though your going to have to source the incest comment. The Obama administration has stated several times that to have it properly appealed, they need to go through the senate. Which is what they're currently trying to do.

The Iraq war. Well here's the kicker everyone, we were wrong. The surge actually worked, and Iraq has improved dramatically. Theres a reason to stay now.
It was never Obama's plan to pull out of Afghanistan however. His plan was to refocus troups back on Afghanistan, something the other countries commited to THAT war have been asking the Bush administration for years.

Obama did try to close Gitmo, and still is. Everyone just flipped out about having terrorists on american soil. It was really quite retarded.

Obama nor Bush has magical control of the economy, nor gas prices. Your critiques upon them are completely ignorant how the economy works.

The bail-outs given by the two are REALLY different. Bush gave the no strings attached bail-outs that were abused. Unfortunately Obama gets the blame.

As for the debt, you have to spend money to make money. Hoarding what little pennies America had left would not improve the system that is bankrupting it.

Finally, someone who doesn't attack another person just for their views on Adisc. Of course, it comes from a Canadian. So far all the american users are whining about Butterfly's views on Obama but me. Then again I doubt the others consider me a real american since I am a republican. :p

S

soren456

. . . . Also Butterfly does not owe any of us a apology. Butterfly was criticizing Obama's actions or lack of actions which is a completely normal thing to do as a a american citizen who votes. That has NOTHING to do with you or anyone here.

A statement of opinion is one thing.

Purposeful distortion of fact, intended to steer the opinion of members into a particular point of view, is a transgression of the trust we want to hold here.

It is lying. It does indeed require an apology.

B

Butterfly Mage

No... I'm a Green Party member. So neither Obama nor McCain got my vote.

He did get a high percentage of the gay vote, however, and thanked us by supporting Prop-8, Don't Ask Don't Tell, and Defense of Marriage Act. Those three actions were right out of Sarah Palin's playbook. And to say we're morally equivalent to those who practice incest? I keep expecting Obama's name to displayed "Obama (R)".

Yes, he did inherit the other nine things on the list from Bush. But it frustrates me that he seems to be dragging his heels on fixing the problems he inherited.

The gay community did not deserve the poisoned blade he thrust in our backs. That is the one issue of the ten I listed that he had 100% control over. He decided to go with political expediency rather than with the moral courage he proclaimed to have while campaigning.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A statement of opinion is one thing.

Purposeful distortion of fact, intended to steer the opinion of members into a particular point of view, is a transgression of the trust we want to hold here.

It is lying. It does indeed require an apology.

I have yet to see any proof of what Butterfly said to be a lie or to be proven false. If you would like to do so then do so, if not don't accuse someone of lying without the proof to back it up.

DHLA40

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For Christ's sake, what do you bashers expect from Obama with only having been in office for six months? The financial, social, domestic, and diplomatic damage done in the last 8 years will take decades to resolve, and perhaps some of the resolutions necessary to correct the problems our country is facing require the President to reverse some of his previous decisions. We should be relieved that we now have a President who will reflect upon, and reconsider his decisions.

When was the last time W changed his mind on a bad decision?

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I love how not criticizing Obama makes you a republican. Say if I look up Republican in the dictionary right now, will it say "One who does not support president Obama and/or one who criticizes Obama."?

How dare you form a different opinion/view then ours RAWR!!!!!!

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's a duck!

No... I'm a Green Party member. So neither Obama nor McCain got my vote.

He did get a high percentage of the gay vote, however, and thanked us by supporting Prop-8, Don't Ask Don't Tell, and Defense of Marriage Act. Those three actions were right out of Sarah Palin's playbook. And to say we're morally equivalent to those who practice incest? I keep expecting Obama's name to displayed "Obama (R)".

Yes, he did inherit the other nine things on the list from Bush. But it frustrates me that he seems to be dragging his heels on fixing the problems he inherited.

The gay community did not deserve the poisoned blade he thrust in our backs. That is the one issue of the ten I listed that he had 100% control over. He decided to go with political expediency rather than with the moral courage he proclaimed to have while campaigning.

BM I believe you would have better represented if McCain/Palin had been elected. I'm sure all of your gay rights and wiccan rites would have been embraced by the Republican Party.

Hell, they'd probably be phoning you now to invite you to lead the next Republican Prayer Breakfast or to be the next Key Note speaker at a Young Republicans Convention.

If right wing radicals are shooting Abortion Doctors. Most Republicans are pro-life, and for a few - gunning down Doctors who perform abortions is an act of obedience to their Christian God.
How long before they start gunning down gays in gay pride parades or gunning down gays protesting and picketing for gay marriage?(Remember: marriage = one man and one woman).

The Christian Reich, as you so eloquently have called them, has a few good men or women who will obey their Christian God to rid our country of homosexuality as well. Gay Rights be damned! They will certainly block legalization of gay marriage.

BM, Your character and lifestyle that you have openly displayed since I've met you on ADISC are the antithesis of the conservative republican party, yet the opinions you have stated in this thread are the heart of the rhetoric being spewed by the republicans.

The truth is the effects of the Bush Administration has nearly crippled and has just about destroyed this nation.

The last 10 months has been like watching an Apocalyptic Movie. The President and his administration trying to pick up the pieces and rebuild after a Nuclear Holocost or an major asteroid hitting earth, and the people of the US and world in total chaos.

Butterfly Mage and Fire2box, What are you doing to rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.