Anyone else "archive" diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HundredAcreWood

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Today I went thrift shopping for some retro Christmas decorations, and I spotted some Depend Guards from 2001 or so. The shop was busy today, so I didn't grab them. But this got me thinking about the small "archive" I keep in a trunk.

Thanks to their low price and discreetness, I started out my collection with kid pull-ups. I've since upgraded to actual nappies, but I always make sure to keep one from each bag I buy. It's not a whole lot of trouble to keep one of each design, and it's neat to see the progression of each product line. Maybe some AB/DL a decade from now will remember a pull-up they used to wear, and I can provide some pics. Who knows? :educate:

TheEpicTuba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
I have a few, but as (until recently) I was completely unable to buy anything except depends (on a good day) my selection is limited. I do have a small selection that I don't want to use

RouteLeader

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have always wanted to archive diapers. Have not gotten round to starting my collection though. Would be nice to keep one of every kind of diaper I try, so I can reminisce about my favourite diapered memories..

I can imagine when I pass away, my future grandkids all will rummage through my heirlooms and come across my antique diaper stash. That will be sure to spark a family discussion in the year 2072.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to keep one or two of every kind of diaper I tried but it got way out of hand. At one point I had 3 large totes and a large box full of my archived diapers. I was running out of room to keep diapers I was going to use. I have cut it down to about 1/3 of what it was, keeping it pretty much to "legendary" diapers rather than misc diapers that no one cared about.

wtfoxie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Yes I have been collecting diapers for a little while now. I love how much more absorbent and better made baby diapers were back in the early 2000's and before! I always jump at the chance to buy up vintage diapers from thrift stores given the chance, always looking for more of those ever so cute huggies with the lion king prints!

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
No... Well to me diapers are a pure piece of equipment, designed to do a specific job.
And whilst as an added on bonus I do like the feeling they provide, I have no admiration aside from pure functionality for the object itself.
Also I've never been into collecting anything.
So no, I use my diapers for my IC purposes... and that's it... certainly not archiving or collecting...
And I've never understood how anyone could pay extra for "old" diapers on ebay. but... so what.

Tridim

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have kept 1 of every type of diaper I have used so far. I do this not to really make a diaper museum for others to find,:laugh: but to compare each one I have used before. The only thing I will not keep around is say sample packs. Those to me are bought to use them, and see if you want to make additional purchases.

BigKid25

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I can imagine when I pass away, my future grandkids all will rummage through my heirlooms and come across my antique diaper stash. That will be sure to spark a family discussion in the year 2072.

Hahaha! I've thought of this as well. I have a small collection forming up, but by the time I pass away it's probably going to be a pretty good size.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I too have a vast one of collection the many diapers I've bought over the years taking up space in my closet. I'm thinking or using them up or selling the collection.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I don't personally do this, though I have helped someone collect before. The person I brought stuff to has probably 1000+ in his collection, ranging from outdated Abena stuff to strange overseas products.

askmelater47

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
im sorta guilty of this. Before i bought my first premium diaper, i had a pack of depends i still have 2, before that pack of depends i had a pack of depends pull-ups i'd kept one for the longest time until i got my firts bf to try on a diaper and this was the one he chose. Since i started buying abena's i've had m4 plastic and cloth, and S4 im currently on a case of abena plastic but i still have one of the cloth like remaining, and like 5 of the S4. Im gonna use the cloth style one day after i wear a plastic to see how they compare, but i may end up getting another bag of cloth instead, or at least one day(it seems) i may not have a choice.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I didn't really think of it that way but I guess I tend to do this. I hate to use the last of any distinctive diaper style, although I've been getting a little better that way recently since I realized it wasn't really doing me much good. I don't tend to use them all that quickly to start with, so it just creates a storage problem to mindfully save more.

FluffyJammies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Hahaha YUP, I always try and keep one from every new pack I buy... I don't have a huge collection by any means, but a decent collection none the less. I especially like the pampers from the 1980's, man those things are huge! A size 6 probably could have still fit me when I was 12! Crazy how things/technologies/ideology's have changed when it comes to diapers!

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
i have an "archive" of goodnites and Pullups starting from 1994 to current. as a child i always hid one every time i saw one i havent seen before my mother found them when i was 11 and was pretty mad at me because all together there was about 10-12 packs worth and im not sure about world prices but where we were at they had just reached $9.50 per pack and rounded to $10 (tax) ~$120 worth of pullups just sitting in my closet never used. i had to beg her not to start useing them on my little brother

Zoran

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I would say yes on this. When I was younger I always wanted dinosaur themed training pants and now that I'm older I'd love the idea of a girl training pants with dinosaurs on them kinda like my fursona idea. Anyways I have both genders of land before time pants from Walgreens, a unisex land before time pants off eBay, some dino pants from baby r us, and I have some pull ups from 1994, I think Il save a zebra print goodnite because I love love zebras! Also when the Monsters University pull ups came out I jokingly told my sister to get me a pack and she did so I have both genders but mainly since Sulley is my one of my favorite Disney characters. Also a quick Qquestion. are they in different poses? My sis got the biggest size so Sulley and Mike are in there running poses and if the other sizes have different graphics I would love to get them.

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I totally archive to my on dismay. They are there, but not. Love it!

wishitfit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I do this also. Every time pampers or Luvs changes their diaper design, I keep a few in storage in case I don't like the new ones. I also have a small plastic backed baby diaper collection that takes me back to earlier days.

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
I could probably open a goodnites museum with all the vintage goodnites I have. At least one unopened pack of each distinct product and half a pack of lose ones. Pre- trim fit, trim fit, and each print they have had. Only boy prints that is, but I have European imported ones size 3-5 with dinosaurs, and each print of s/m that is different from the larger ones. I also have each underjam print made, a variety of store brands, and vintage luvs sleep drys.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
so what's the OLDEST diaper you have around that you bought NEW?

Status
Not open for further replies.