Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So, I posted before about my troubles with taping up my diapers properly. I'm getting a bit better at it now but I was wondering if I'm the only one that is kinda OCD about even tapes, snugness etc. For example, if one side is higher than the other or feels like its higher or lower it drives me crazy. Or if it feels off-center. A couple of days ago I got one on JUST right but today's is just ok. Anyone else feel that way or am I just too particular about it?

OCD about many things and dude you are not alone bad fit or taping ruins it for me till it's fixed!

Argent said:
OCD about many things and dude you are not alone bad fit or taping ruins it for me till it's fixed!

I know! Finally got a chance to get it straight thankfully.

gnd567 said:
So, I posted before about my troubles with taping up my diapers properly. I'm getting a bit better at it now but I was wondering if I'm the only one that is kinda OCD about even tapes, snugness etc. For example, if one side is higher than the other or feels like its higher or lower it drives me crazy. Or if it feels off-center. A couple of days ago I got one on JUST right but today's is just ok. Anyone else feel that way or am I just too particular about it?

Argh! I feel the same way!

Fortunately, I've got a lot better at taping up diapers now. 95% of the time I get it close-enough to not notice.

But I remember the first time it felt so wrong and lop-sided, so for a while I'd spend 30 minutes very carefully measuring the centre of the diaper, and drawing parallel lines of different thicknesses and colours so it would be easier to place the tapes symmetrically. Ha ha! A little obsessive... but when you've been wanting to wear diapers for 17 years and you get your very first chance to try adult-sized ones, you want it to be perfect! :)

It didn't work very well. I guess it's all about practice. I find it helps to pull them up snugly, and try to make them as symmetrical as possible before taping. And try to hold the front in place, so you don't pull off-centre when you apply the tapes.

I am the same way. You are not alone :)

I've mentioned before a few times, I tend to tape up my diapers and then pull them up, to insure a perfect fit. A quarter inch usually makes a noticeable difference.

Oooh man, bad tapes drive me crazy. I can relate to that for sure.
If I'm wearing a four taped diaper, and one of them comes loose and won't go back on, I either have to staple it back on, or just change into a new diaper. It just feels so loose and insecure!

Symmetricity and an overall precise fit are of paramount importance for me too. If it looks or feels like something is off, it ruins the whole thing! I am so particular about it that I often end up not enjoying it when somebody else takes care of it for me and they don't get the fit *exactly* as I want it (which is almost impossible). When I see photos of people wearing diapers that are visibly taped in an asymmetrical way I wonder how they can be enjoying that and feel so sorry for them! :biggrin:

I have been perfecting my taping up skills for 20 years or so by now, and I can still notice improvements as time goes by!

Same here tape on then if I put diaper on lying down I'll roll on my lh side then retape

Yep, I usually have to have them perfectly aligned. I mostly use my belly button for guidance, but also pinpoint certain designs or lines on the landing zones for good measure.

Same here. Not only for looks but so the diaper doesn't leak stupidly on one side.

Your just wanting to keep it snug and secure I dont think your OCD. Your just naturally cautious. I personally prefer 2 tape, but the diapers I get are 4 tape, and cant function otherwise. So I would say I am a bit particular about it myself.

I kinda bothers me when I go to tape up a diaper and realize that the tapes are off to one side by a lot. I think I might be pulling to hard on one side or something, but it seems I have it under control now.

I don't know about anyone else but when I put on a diaper I make sure it is on as tight as possible considering I'm pretty much right at edge of the fit for most mediums which is 32.

I tried "winging it" last night, taped on a space from scratch while standing. Seemed to fit okay. Took it off this morning and one of the lower tapes was all wonky. It's hard to get them just right when standing.

You've just got to learn where the tapes fall when you have it on right. Pay attention to any landmarks on the diaper, such as distance from the edge, lines of where the padding is cut, leak guard lines, etc. The next time you diaper up just put the tapes in that exact same spot. Don't worry about wether or not it is lined up or straight, and it automatically will be on right so long as those tapes are in the exact same spot as before.

Eventually you'll be able to tape up in that same spot with speed and ease. This will apply to any position you're in, and it will take a matter of seconds to get them all done up right.

Slomo said:
You've just got to learn where the tapes fall when you have it on right. Pay attention to any landmarks on the diaper, such as distance from the edge, lines of where the padding is cut, leak guard lines, etc. The next time you diaper up just put the tapes in that exact same spot. Don't worry about wether or not it is lined up or straight, and it automatically will be on right so long as those tapes are in the exact same spot as before.

Eventually you'll be able to tape up in that same spot with speed and ease. This will apply to any position you're in, and it will take a matter of seconds to get them all done up right.
I'm working on it. Getting better at it every time. I have to go by feel because of my limited vision but starting to finally get the hang of it.

since i've become incontinent, I have always wanted to tape my briefs alone and tight and symmetrical.Otherwise they are pulling and leaking.

Me too I must admit that I prefer my diapers to be as tight as possible to prevent any leaks as specially around the legs I also get very frustrated with tapes that either break or don't stick on properly I don't live in the U.S. but I can relate to what your saying regarding quality of diapers I am currently abroud at this time on holiday in the far-was of Asia and I can tell you most of the brands here are prity rubbish unless you find the right one at this time I enjoy wearing them but I don't really have a choice between wearing diapers and nor because of my disabilities although I do like the extra thick brands as they are more comfortable and very absorbent although I. still get ocd when I comes to tapering up because I don't want problems from wet pants or trousers as wet patches are hard to hide.

Although if you want to know more about me I have written quite a few blogs about my situations and how it effects my life.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back