Anyone “Beat” Bedwetting??

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So my night issues have kicked up a notch recently and am awaiting an upcoming Dr Appt to hopefully work towards a fix.
In the meantime, I’m just wondering anyone that has also experienced adult bedwetting issues, was there anything you did to help stop going during sleep?
Guess I’m just feeling a little defeated today as I’ve been trying to go as much as I can before bed, not drinking much water etc late in the day. And while I’ll be dry for a couple nights and thinking it’s helping, today I woke up wet with a leaky diaper again.

You all gave me great advice on products to try a while back so was hoping maybe someone has ideas that helped them though bedwetting as well.

A few weeks back I was nervous as hell to see a urologist, now that day can’t come quick enough lol.

I also gave in today and ordered some Northshore Supreme and Megamax diapers. I been using various samples I’ve received and think it’s time to settle on more protection so the wife has dry sheets in the AM.

Reactions: Edgewater and Tasmaniandevilpadded

ZaneDutchie

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
i actually had a lot of problems with this when i was younger, wore diapers when sleeping untill i was like 13 i think, my brother had a similar case although more severe, fo me it slowly faded away and all i did was pretty much, go pee before bed and dont drink too much water before bed

in my brothers case though he pretty much did the same but he got perscripted medicine for it which helped somewhat, the final nail in the coffin was one of there alarms that starts beeping when wetness is detected (essentially a big pad that has an allarm attatched to it)

Reactions: Edgewater

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I’ve read there’s medication; see what the dr says there.
I’ve thought about an alarm to get up middle of night and try to pee. I read about the bedwetting alarms but kind of seems like after the fact.

ZaneDutchie

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
well in a way yeah but the alarm also kinda conditions your brain in a way so that you wake up when you gotta go, i train people for archery and there you actually apply similar techniques to get things into the subconcious so your body does it by itself kinda, example for archery training could be if the person is throwing out there hand when releasing you can hold something there in the way so when they do that they notice it and over time the problem will be gone cuz the brain will subconciouslly think "do not throw your hand out youll hit the thing" (even when the thing isnt there

a bit far fetched analogy i know but my point is, there is many ways you can trick the brain and get stuff into the subconcious (one of the best imo being association) and wetting alarms are a prime example for such a thing

Reactions: Edgewater and iatec779

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Yep. I got 'prescribed' the stop-start peeing method (kegel exercises-ish; it was many years ago) by a urologist.
I was about 10 and struggled to get into it at first, but after one or two false starts, I knuckled down and, just going by memory, it seemed to come together suddenly, after a slow start.
Although it stopped my wetting at night, it kind of revealed the possibly underlying problem that I couldn't sense anything down there when I'm asleep (and for some time after waking; it usually takes me an hour to come to properly 😁).
Nowadays, as an old codger and too frequent a recreational user of dispies, the kegel exercises help keep on top of things (after-dribble).

Reactions: Edgewater and iatec779

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have not but I sleep on my stomach most nights and I found that if I am sleeping completely flat it puts pressure on something and I don’t wet during the night and I am a very heavy sleeper so It doesn’t wake me up to pee. When I do wake up in the morning I have a small cramp in my bladder and and as soon as I roll over or get out of bed I immediately start to wet. If I sleep on my back I wet a lot during the night.

Reactions: iatec779 and Edgewater

Tasmaniandevilpadded

Hypertension and disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Same adult bedwetter.

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
It starts with being painfully honest with yourself and Urologist. Start using a Journey and follow all the common recommendations regarding Child and Adult bedwetting. That said, be very careful regarding your water intake. The truth is bedwetting is a better choice than the dangerous medical conditions that not drinking enough water 'will' cause.
Call North Shore now and add a pair of their diaper covers to your order.
You are not full-on IC, but only bedtime IC, there is a difference and there are medication that can help and may help greatly!! There are also issues regarding each medication assure you take the time to read in detail those found for each medication. You may find they are worst than bedwetting.
I stated this with stating that you must be honest and beforth coming regarding what you are experiencing!!
Assure you follow the correct method of putting on your diaper assure that the side walls are up and in place. Assure you are wearing a diaper cover!! Over 90% of leaks occur because of poor quality diapers, not wearing high quality diapers, and not wearing a diaper cover.
You will have dry nights, rejoice! You will have very wet nights, do not beat-up on yourself!!
Life is far too short!!

Last edited:
Reactions: iatec779

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Edgewater said:
It starts with being painfully honest with yourself and Urologist. Start using a Journey and follow all the common recommendations regarding Child and Adult bedwetting. That said, be very careful regarding your water intake. The truth is bedwetting is a better choice than the dangerous medical conditions that not drinking enough water 'will' cause.
Call North Shore now and add a pair of their diaper covers to your order.
You are not full-on IC, but only bedtime IC, there is a difference and there are medication that can help and may help greatly!! There are also issues regarding each medication assure you take the time to read in detail those found for each medication. You may find they are worst than bedwetting.
I stated this with stating that you must be honest and beforth coming regarding what you are experiencing!!
Assure you follow the correct method of putting on your diaper assure that the side walls are up and in place. Assure you are wearing a diaper cover!! Over 90% of leaks occur because of poor quality diapers, not wearing high quality diapers, and not wearing a diaper cover.
You will have dry nights, rejoice! You will have very wet nights, do not beat-up on yourself!!
Life is far too
Thanks Edgewater appreciate all the advice. I just received a case of supreme briefs and megamaxes today. I saw the trifecta covers but diddnt get one as I wasn’t sure I would wear it like it would be too hot. Guess I should try at least 1.
I’ve had a couple dry nights since I posted this but last night, wife and I were out drinking with friends after dinner. She had a megamax on my pillow when I came to bed lol. Anyway, I woke up with it very wet around 4 AM but it diddnt leak.
I’ll be asking the dr about meds when I see him next month. In the meantime I’m getting used to wearing a diaper every night, it’s not near as bad as I originally thought when I found ones with right fit and absorbancy.

• Love

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
iatec779 said:
I’ve had a couple dry nights since I posted this but last night, wife and I were out drinking with friends after dinner. She had a megamax on my pillow when I came to bed lol. Anyway, I woke up with it very wet around 4 AM but it diddnt leak.
Attitude is everything... for you and your wife!
iatec779 said:
In the meantime I’m getting used to wearing a diaper every night, it’s not near as bad as I originally thought when I found ones with right fit and absorbancy.
Remember saying this now, when you go hunting with your buddies. To quote Dirty Harry, "A man's got to know his limitations." And bedwetting is not one of yours now.

Tasmaniandevilpadded

Hypertension and disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
iatec779 said:
Thanks Edgewater appreciate all the advice. I just received a case of supreme briefs and megamaxes today. I saw the trifecta covers but diddnt get one as I wasn’t sure I would wear it like it would be too hot. Guess I should try at least 1.
I’ll be asking the dr about meds when I see him next month. In the meantime I’m getting used to wearing a diaper every night, it’s not near as bad as I originally thought when I found ones with right fit and absorbancy.
MegaMax diaper is my first time wearing to bedtime due hypertension. I used antihypertenstive drugs treatment my blood pressure went down. Supreme diaper, I had free samples from Northshore, and that diaper is more comfortable. I ordered before have Tykables and ABU diapers are great for bedwetter with urge incontinence. Crinklz one too…

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
CheshireCat said:
Attitude is everything... for you and your wife!

Remember saying this now, when you go hunting with your buddies. To quote Dirty Harry, "A man's got to know his limitations." And bedwetting is not one of yours now.
I bought a bag of megamax air just for that trip. They are quieter and seemed to work for me as well so doubt anyone be none the wiser.

LuckyAsADuck

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I used the wireless alarm from ANZA Care - DRI Eclipse - that's because you can just drop it in and forget about it, or tape it using medical (Fabric) tape to the inside of the diaper, and not worry about wires. I turned the volume down all the way and put a piece of scotch tape over the alarm to make it a little quieter, as there are other people in the house, but it's actually helped a lot. It takes time (weeks-months) but it does make a difference IMO.

Being up front with the reality is a good thing, it's awesome that your wife is supportive enough to drop hints and help you with your care.
I will say be careful with wearing thick briefs too often, as I am in a round of PT to address some hip issues caused by the change in my gait from wearing overnight level briefs for most of the pandemic.

Last edited:

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Even though I never "beat" being a bedwetter I did start being dry most nights when I was 14 or 15 and didn't have to wear diapers at night. But when I was in my 20s I started wetting my bed every night and decided to go back in diapers during the night.

Reactions: Wetshisbed

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Never really beat it. I have had dry periods in my life some lasting longer than others. Being back to nightly wetting for over 10 years now.