Anybody use Rearz InControl in size XL?

mdogg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I am looking for ACTUAL dimensions for the InControl in a size XL. Not medium or large, but in the "ever-elusive" XL size. Package says one thing (33"x40" for a 57" waist?) but i have heard they are closer to a large 24/7. I would love to know what the dimensions in inches when laid out and stretched out are for:

Front waistband edge along top
Rear waistband edge along top
Front to back when outstretched

center pad width, leak guard height and leg cut, while important, are not critical.

So if someone who has one they can lay a ruler or tape measure on, that would sure help me out. Trying to compare against a Dry 24/7, which may be starting to close up shop and thus get hard to find anywhere.

Thanks!

anyone? any help would be awesome- it seems I am not the only one who would like to know this.

sorry I have info on the large but not xl.

Package for XL says "33" - 56," not "33" - 40." XP Medical lists size XL as "40 - 58."

This may help - I wear a size Large in Dry 24/7 but have found that size XL in the Inspire +In Control diaper works better for night wear as it provides not only a full mat and more absorbency, but also more overlap from the wings. That seems to reduce leaks for me as I am a side sleeper.

As I am medically incontinent, I have used cases of the Inspire and know that diaper very well. Dry 24/7 is my go-to day diaper and I have used it for years.

So, if the size Large Dry 24/7 fits you well, you probably should try the Inspire. The smart thing to do would be to order a sample.

--John
(double incontinent, diapers 24./7)

jdinvirginia said:
Package for XL says "33" - 56," not "33" - 40." XP Medical lists size XL as "40 - 58."

This may help - I wear a size Large in Dry 24/7 but have found that size XL in the Inspire +In Control diaper works better for night wear as it provides not only a full mat and more absorbency, but also more overlap from the wings. That seems to reduce leaks for me as I am a side sleeper.

As I am medically incontinent, I have used cases of the Inspire and know that diaper very well. Dry 24/7 is my go-to day diaper and I have used it for years.

So, if the size Large Dry 24/7 fits you well, you probably should try the Inspire. The smart thing to do would be to order a sample.

--John
(double incontinent, diapers 24./7)
Thank you for giving me some real world information!
On the Inspire package, I was referring to the "length" (40") and the "width" (33") given for that XL size. It then says right below that it fits up to a 57" like you said but, dumb question, if the top parts are 33" each, isn't that really closer to 64-66"? Dry 24/7 states 64" online...

I realize these manufacturers all but require some sort of overlap to make them perform in the real world, which is why I am asking specifically about Rearz- are the top dimensions somewhat more symmetrical or is the front panel narrower at the top than the back panel like some others do?

This "sample before you buy" is a good idea- provided i can find some samples in XL. I'm wishing more american companies did this for these Canadian products. The Dry 24/7 fits me well but it is at the end of its "overlap", meaning there is about 2 inches each side of overlap. Sounds Like the Rearz would have that overlap thing better covered so to speak, so i think i will try them.

Thanks again for your input!

PS- i hear the plastic and the leg gathers are more sturdy on the Rearz XL than even a dry 24/7- I have had some Dry 24/7's split on me which is leading me to look for another choice. I too sleep on my side and would love a more worry free night.

Back