Anybody regularly go to garage sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Even if it is just 1 or 2 you to go every year that counts as "regular" theres 2 I try to go to every year

It doesn't always happen, but when it does I look for good deals for myself and I am always on the look out for things I know enough about to Flip

My main thing to look for is Video Gaming stuff (systems, games, controllers, etc)

If it is a low enough cost to make easy money on I will buy it, post it for sale, and hopefully sell it quick and make good money

Or occasionally I buy things for myself

Either way I love it because either I find something to keep, or I find something to make extra money on

In the spring / summer I hit up all the Garage sales I can find I love to go junk shopping

Reactions: Lyokodl
Idk how Garage sales are in other states

But, Some of the ones in Upstate New York can be ridiculously big, 1 of the ones I try to go to takes hours to walk through and there is usually a large portion of it you either cant find the time to get to

Or by the time you get there all the good stuff is sold (good deals fly quick when theres enough people going to that specific event)

I might even make money while I am on vacation due to things I have bought earlier today

I know it's only a matter of time before someone wants to buy this system I got with Disney Infinity and a bunch of the figures and stuff for

BabyTyrant said:
Idk how Garage sales are in other states

But, Some of the ones in Upstate New York can be ridiculously big, 1 of the ones I try to go to takes hours to walk through and there is usually a large portion of it you either cant find the time to get to

Or by the time you get there all the good stuff is sold (good deals fly quick when theres enough people going to that specific event)

I might even make money while I am on vacation due to things I have bought earlier today

I know it's only a matter of time before someone wants to buy this system I got with Disney Infinity and a bunch of the figures and stuff for

Around here what you are describing would be called an Outdoor Flea Market or something similar. A Yard Sale or Garage Sale would be in someone’s front yard or driveway at their house.

I go pretty often to what is called here the Sale Barn. It’s a cross between an outdoor flea market and a farmer’s market. It has people selling at tables that have either brought stuff from home to sell or have bought stuff other places and brought it there to sell.

I collect belt buckles and have found quite a few of them there.

AAO said:
Around here what you are describing would be called an Outdoor Flea Market or something similar. A Yard Sale or Garage Sale would be in someone’s front yard or driveway at their house.

I go pretty often to what is called here the Sale Barn. It’s a cross between an outdoor flea market and a farmer’s market. It has people selling at tables that have either brought stuff from home to sell or have bought stuff other places and brought it there to sell.

I collect belt buckles and have found quite a few of them there.

Nah, I actually mean Garage sales, miles upon miles sometimes

We do have antique malls and flea markets too, but for many these community wide garage sales can be a cheap (if not free) way to sell things to raise money

Or sometimes just to get rid of stuff

That's why I like going to Community Garage sales, walk house to house, look for whatever you want to buy, hopefully somebody has it and wants to sell it cheap.

When people dont care too much what they sell stuff for it is easy to buy low and sell for more and make quick profits

Last edited:
Yard sales and Goodwill stores source a lot of my resale items to supplement my income. Storage auctions used to before that damm TV show ruined it and now pickers is wrecking this too you see greedy old ladys with uv flashlights checking all the glassware.

I love garage sales, estate sales and flea markets, i have kept my 68 year old lawnmower going with pieces i have found pilfering through peoples junk. Old metal box fans are my favorite find because they run forever but i also keep a lookout for old kichen equipment and cast iron cookware as well as vintage camping stuff because its better quality than the things you get today.

On the rare occasion I have a little bit of cash on me, I’ll check out a flea market or a yard sale or two. I don’t really look for anything in particular, I find it’s better just to see what’s there. You never know what you might find.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
The junk jaunt and bargain byways are events I regularly attend every year. There's so much good stuff out there, you can hardly believe it. You gotta be discerning though; in past years a lot of rip-off peddlers and secret squirrel businesses have invaded.

PaddedBrony said:
On the rare occasion I have a little bit of cash on me, I’ll check out a flea market or a yard sale or two. I don’t really look for anything in particular, I find it’s better just to see what’s there. You never know what you might find.

It's nice when its something you know something about

That way you know what you are looking at and what it is worth

sometimes you find something worth buying for yourself, sometimes you get a better price and can make quick cash flipping things

BabyTyrant said:
It's nice when its something you know something about

That way you know what you are looking at and what it is worth

sometimes you find something worth buying for yourself, sometimes you get a better price and can make quick cash flipping things
Or even if you don’t, often a quick search online can tell you more.

PaddedBrony said:
Or even if you don’t, often a quick search online can tell you more.

Yeah, but sometimes it takes more than a quick Google search

I was gonna buy a Trade Dollar from my Grandpa; but I did some research to see if it was actually real, and I found out that it was a fake because the details didn't match for the year the coin had stamped on it.

He apparently sold it to some coin dealers that had believed it to be "the real deal"

You would think Coin Dealers know these things, but clearly they didn't because they thought a fake Trade Dollar was real one; meanwhile they said a 1921 Morgan was "fake" because it was in too nice of a condition to be real

1921 started with Morgan Dollars and near the end Switched to Peace Dollars, so it wasnt a "fake" ; there just happened to be a lot of them made that year

I've been a garage/yard sale/resale/flee-market shopper.
also love a good gun&knife show

Last edited:
KenworthW900b, and I just prefer to avoid all these garage spendings, not because people sell the "trash', just because I cannot control my spendings, even I use the spendings control service after I found perpay reviews about it. Garage sales is great things for people who definitely know what they need to buy out there, and not for people who will take their time and overthink on every item he (she) will see there. Cause after all - they will buy it. Even if it wouldn't give any profit in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back