Anybody here headed to the VTABDL shindig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just curious to see if any of the members here will be attending the VTABDL "Diaperfest" in Vermont this coming May. ChrisH and I are going, as well as a bunch of our friends, and it'd be cool to know if I'll see any other ADISCers there.

For those that haven't heard of it, it's one of the largest ABDL gatherings in the world, with a projected attendance of around 150-200 people. It's held at a bed and breakfast in rural VT over the course of 4 days. I missed it last year, but everyone that did go said it was a hell of a lot of fun... Definitely excited for this year! :)

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Honestly, I've never heard of it before. But, then again, who on earth would produce a list of ABDL meetings. If you have a couple of minutes you could make a wiki article about it. It's extra publicity for the event I guess :)

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you have a couple of minutes you could make a wiki article about it. It's extra publicity for the event I guess :)

Most events like this are a "word of mouth" type thing (as are all the events I've planned), and for good reason... Publicizing events creates unwanted attention, and unwanted guests. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that don't understand the diaper thing, and especially when it involves a private business like in this instance, it's best to keep things under wraps to avoid altercations with unsavory characters.

I personally have nothing to do with this event (aside from attending myself, and knowing the B&B owner), so please don't take this as a promotion post... It'll sell out long before the event anyways.

I know of a few members here that will be attending... Just wanted to see if anyone else was going. Anyone that wants more info can check out vtdlab.com.

Eh.

I thought about it.

From what you've said in the past, this probably isn't the best event to kick off any foray into the social realm of being an ABDL. No offense. :)

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Really? Why is that? I am checking out the site to learn more.
What would be a good "first foray"?

When you get that many ABies together, it is a bit of a "melting pot" of many ages and interests. Nothing crazy, but it can be a bit shocking for someone that has never met anyone IRL to see people participating in the whole gamut of fetishes... Not just diapers. There is sure to be cross dressers, people into leather and latex, furs, and so on. Koko just struck me as a bit conservative in a prior post.

Most people's "first time" (at least in my experience) tends to be two, or a few people meeting up in a public place... For dinner, drinks, conversation... Etc. :)

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I will say, I'm strongly considering going.

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I could go to that...but where do you get info? Message me if anyone has the info.

-Gus

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd like to go to something like this sometime but like i've said in previous posts I don't like to go to new places alone sooooooo blah :\

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I think I'm going to chicken out... also, isn't that memorial day weekend?

-Gus

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I would love to go, except money is tight right now. So maybe next year perhaps...I would still need to find someone to vouch for me as well....

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Yeah I'd need a sponsor as well, and my DLism is really a private thing for me. I think I'd like a much more detailed description of what goes on there...maybe even see some pictures before I could consider it seriously. I read the description...is it really possible that the entire staff at the inn are AB's and DL's ??? that just sounds far fetched to me.

-Gus

Role
  1. Private
When you get that many ABies together, it is a bit of a "melting pot" of many ages and interests. Nothing crazy, but it can be a bit shocking for someone that has never met anyone IRL to see people participating in the whole gamut of fetishes... Not just diapers. There is sure to be cross dressers, people into leather and latex, furs, and so on. Koko just struck me as a bit conservative in a prior post.

Most people's "first time" (at least in my experience) tends to be two, or a few people meeting up in a public place... For dinner, drinks, conversation... Etc. :)
Teehee, I like that. Conservative. Usually people label me "bitch" or "asshole" or the more cautious "jerk." Although in this case I would be inclined to agree with you, I just find most ABs nuts and don't have a strong desire to get to know them. Nice to hear that many ADSIC people are thinking of going though, I hope those who do go set a good example for the group. In my case, I don't believe I will be able to get enough time off to have time to attend and I have no one to vouch for me. So as I said, I thought about it, but eh. It seems I will not go. As for me being made shocked or uncomfortable by furs, cross dressers, leather and latex people, fetishes, etc....heh. That really depends on the person, doesn't it?

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
is it really possible that the entire staff at the inn are AB's and DL's ??? that just sounds far fetched to me.

-Gus

The inn is owned by one person, who is an AB himself (and has been hosting parties up there for the better part of two decades... Not that I've been to one yet), and he dismisses his usual staff for the event. The "staff" for the event is made of ABs and DLs from all over the US and Canada, and from what I hear, they're as professional as you can get. One is a master chef at a resort, one a sous chef at another, one is an event planner for a cruise line, another a costume designer in Hollywood, and so on.

A lot of these people I've never met before, and I'm chomping at the bit to meet 'em... Especially the chefs (I love to eat :D).

That really depends on the person, doesn't it?

I wouldn't say uncomfortable, but the sight of people of all ages wearing anything from latex maid's outfits to full fursuits can catch people off guard.

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I'm still chicken...I think I'd like to read a blog post describing the full event, obviously any identifying info left out. But I'd want to hear what it's like...are there people walking around in diapers, fursuites...women's clothing? The chef's aren't diapered while they are cooking right...cause that's kind of errr...yucky?

-Gus

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm still chicken...I think I'd like to read a blog post describing the full event, obviously any identifying info left out. But I'd want to hear what it's like...are there people walking around in diapers, fursuites...women's clothing?

Like I said earlier, I didn't go last year, but quite a few close friends went. I can reiterate what I've been told, however...

Last year they had about 100 people. It's a multi-day event, and is fully scheduled with activities (though obviously attendance is not required). There is a sit down dinner every night, storytimes, relay races, scavenger hunts, and the like. A "chicken feed" is held one night (kind of like an "abdl paraphernalia swap", where you toss an unwanted item in, and get to pick something else), and I think this year there will be a yankee swap as well. One night has a fashion show, and another a "diaper ball" (dance). During the day there is free time set aside so people can go do other things in the area, like the Ben and Jerry's tour, Long Trail brewery tour, Vermont Teddy Bear factory, and a bunch of other stuff. The inn has an indoor pool and spa too (no, diapers aren't allowed in either, and showering prior is a prerequisite).

There is sure to be people that express other fetishes as well. From what I've been told there was quite a few furs there last year, and a few people that like to wear girls' clothes (one of my good friends was dolled up for the "ball" last year by a world renowned makeup artist, and he was VERY convincing :) ). Of course there is plenty of people in nothing but diapers, but it's been said that "skimpy diapers" (people trying to fit into baby disposables) are seriously frowned upon. There are quite a few people that just go in normal clothes too.

The chef's aren't diapered while they are cooking right...cause that's kind of errr...yucky?

I wouldn't doubt that the chefs will be diapered while doing their job. That said, I doubt they'll be sticking their hands in their pants or performing diaper changes whilst cooking food. Considering the chefs both come from high end facilities and are culinary grads, I'm sure they're NSF certified and know how to handle food properly and safely. Personally, I'd rather have a chef I know cooking for me that might have a unique choice in underwear, compared to what goes on behind closed doors in many restaurants.

These guys (not just the chefs, but all the event coordinators) are very professional about what they do, and haven't really had any issues in 20 years of hosting these events. I've never been up to the VT location myself, but I know and trust the owner very well. If I didn't, I wouldn't have posted about the party here on ADISC. That said, I'm not trying to recruit people... Just wanted to see if anyone else from here was going.

Angus... If you have questions about ABDL events in general, I'd be very happy to let you pick my brain. I've hosted around 40 events myself, and definitely enjoy sharing my experiences. Gimme a shout if you're intrigued. :)

listentodaddy

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
NEJay, thank you very much for the description! I understood the organizers' wish for me to get sponsored before telling me more, but this is really all I wanted to know. Are there ever any events in the south, sorta between LA and NM? ;)

Also, I'm curious about the gender ratio. I think AB/DLs are about 8% female. Is that roughly how the attendees of these events break down?

Status
Not open for further replies.