• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Anybody have any remedies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Does anyone have any remedies for diaper rash. Last night I accidently fell asleep in a soaked diaper and woke up with a very painful rash.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Use a diaper rash cream...You can get those pretty much anywhere...Also, I wouldn't wear for a while, as that would just aggravate it even more...

B

BabyWolf

I'd also recommend changing your diaper brand. Better diapers will neutralize the urine so it won't give you a rash, at least not with a single overnight wearing. It may itch a tiny bit, but you won't have a rash. Also, drink more water. This will dillute your urine so it's not so acidic.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
As Pojo said, use cream for this current rash, and to prevent future ones: powder and baby oil work wonders.

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Some people have tougher skin and don't get diaper rash, but yes get a diaper rash cream.

superfly64

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Interesting situation. I can't say I ever had diaper rash before but it must be painful. Anyway yeah I'll just agree with everyone and say diaper rash cream+baby oil and powder.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Desiten is probably the way to go. We used to use it on our kids. I think it works as well as anything. It is a very thick cream.

B

BabyWolf

Most people don't have this problem even if they sleep in it because all the big brands have a chemical in them that neutralizes urine to prevent odor and rash. In fact, some sites actually include urine neutralization speed in a diaper's rating.

However, if you buy generic store brands or other low-end brands, they may not have this chemical, or not enough of it to be effective. These diapers work acceptably if you change them immediately after use, but if you don't you will get a rash. If you are running into this problem, change your diaper brand.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
You really must have sensitive skin. Try Boudreaux's Butt Paste (No joke..a real diaper rash cream product). www.buttpaste.com Check it out.

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
If you're going to spend the night in a diaper, use lots of baby powder. That's the best way to prevent getting a rash... As for clearing it up, any cortaid type cream will do.

-Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.