Anybody going to the inaugural?

Are you going to watch Obama get inaugurated?

• Yes, I have a ticket!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes, I'll be in DC but not with an official ticket.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No, it's too far away or expensive.

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • No, he's a communist.

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Just as the threat title asks, anybody going to DC on Jan 20th?

I got lucky and scored a ticket from my congressman. Woo!

Anybody going to join in the parade route, watch from the national mall, etc.?

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
No I'll be playing video games.

July

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would like to go because I've never been to one and this is the first year that I voted too... but I'll be staying home.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would rather not go. Although I appreciate the importance of ushering in a new political era -- and I would honestly love to go (despite my differing political views) as part of a smaller audience -- I don't want to have to deal with the fuckwittery of the people who are going to be down there. Washington, D.C. aggravates me enough as it is (seriously, who makes their city streets like a pinwheel), so I'll gladly watch from home, wander the streets of the Capital Wastes in Fallout 3, and enjoy my own special January 20th.

Have fun, Izzy!

(Oh -- I voted "No, he's a communist," even though I don't think he's a communist, but it was the closest thing I could think of for, "Going to it just isn't my thing.")

F

FullMetal

I wish, my sister really wants to go down there and see it but there are going to be sooo many people and I highly doubt I would get to see anything..

-The Sun-

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Nah, from what I hear, it is going to be so crowded, so much so I am having difficulty imagining how that many people in that small a space are going to have enough oxygen to go around.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
No, I won't. And, as a side note, the only option that wasn't atleast slightly geared towards the left was "No, he's a communist."

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I chose "won't be there from as far as I can see due to distance and cost." But that implys I would be since I like the guy. I like the fact we finally have a "Black" president but I don't agree with most of his views.

bdb2004

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I will be avoiding DC like the plague, while I could easily get down there, I don't particularly agree with Mr. Obama on many issues, and it is much easier, and warmer, to just watch the events unfold on whatever your favorite cable news station happens to be. I was at the last two inaugurations and while interesting they are not worth the headache unless you actually support the guy. That said, assuming the standing arrangements for the swearing in are anything similar to what they were in 2004, there was some availability close to the day of the inauguration from the campaign itself, and those were actually decent standing locations off the the right and left of the podium, however, the key with any standing location where you will actually be in view of the platform is to get there early so you can work yourself into a good position.

Also, if you get the opportunity a good way to get to see some of the events without going through the hassle of getting a ticket is volunteering with the PIC, again, I am not sure how it is working this year, but, especially for pre-inaugural events, this can provide you with a chance to get into events and see some interesting speeches and people.

As far as the parade goes, unless you are lucky enough to get an invite from the family of the new POTUS or VPOTUS or another important person and are in the prime seating locations next to or across from presidential review stand, you might as well just stay home and watch it, as the most you will see, if you are lucky enough to have POTUS walking for that portion, is a few seconds as he walks by, and since he generally doesn't walk the whole route that is not even guaranteed, basically the closer you are to the review stand the better your chance.

Also, if you are going, remember that you will be entering a secure area and you will be walking through metal detectors and you should always listen to the USSS and check out the PIC website before to see what they will and will not be allowing inside the secured zone.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
No.

I've had enough of his lies and over-ambitious plans. And I live too far away.

I voted for T. Boone Pickens, even though he wasn't a candidate.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I'm with Rance on not wishing to deal with getting around in DC. It aggravates me, too! Every time I go there (which thankfully is rare) I always end up lost. My fear is getting lost one time and ending up on the wrong side of town in the middle of a drug war shootout! :eek: At least in my old hometown of Baltimore I know what neighborhoods to stay out of and I don't get lost.

Nah...I'll watch from the TV, thank you.

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.