Any way to integrate the social group posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Is it possible to integrate our subscribed social group posts into the "New Post" search results? I feel like it would be easier to participate, and there would be more activity in the groups if the interactions were being served up, rather than navigating to the social group to check if anything new has happened. I know that it's not hard to navigate there, but I also know that I tend to forget they are there until I'm about to fall out and log off, then it's too late.

Is it possible? Is it wanted? What do YOU think?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm all for this. Maybe a separate alerting thing though.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, that would be cool. I almost never bother checking the social groups directly. I think it's a great idea if it's not too hard to implement.

Role
Private
Workaround

If vBulletin cannot do this, a workaround comes to mind.

In each social group, make a new topic called, "I started a new thread." All in the group should subscribe to this thread.

Then, whenever someone makes a new thread, they can add a post to the "I started a new thread" post. Then the fact there's a new thread will be visible in your subscribed threads view.

Inelegant, yes. But it'll work until vBulletin allows the groups to be incorporated along with the forum topics when displaying new threads.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Bump- de -Bump!

Reply Now!, and get an AMAZING 2 for one opportunity for a chance to enter!

kthxbai

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
BUMP! Look!

This is a great idea! Buy today and we will even PAY FOR THE SHIPPING!

By integrating the social group posts into the new post search (if possible), we will have the opportunity to be more active with the groups since we'll instantly know when a new post is generated in the social group of our choice.

Do it TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.