Any tips on how to break apart a NUK 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schwanensee said:
At least you can take apart a Nokia phone without breaking it xD Don't give up! It will eventually budge.

Thats true :laugh: I won't :scratchchin:

TyphaHare said:
Break it from the other side, too?
I assume you have cut a wedge into it from the middle. If you do two of these, adjacent to each other, and bend, by all logic, it should snap?

I will try, but this is a NUK 5 were talking about, its solid and I'm not very strong :laugh: Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
is it a button style paci (as in it's got a button on front) or a NUK style one where there's a dangly loop?

if the former, if you're using pliers, check the side of the button and you should find a slight slit on one or two of the sides, you want to line up the pliers with these, more or less use alllll your force while holding the shield (you need to apply a kind of 'pinching' pressure to those points for it to become unsecured)...if you still cannot do it, it may be an issue of arm strength (I'm trans and I used to be able to do it easily, now I can BARELY manage to remove the button after 22 months of estrogen, so even with my tiny bit of extra strength it's hard!)

if the latter, hate to tell you but NUK shields suck and are way harder to take apart than MAM/button-style pacis, I had to literally use pliers and crazily chop through the plastic to get the teat out of my first and only NUK shield paci. I recommend you stick with button style pacis in the future.

LittleBelle said:
I will try, but this is a NUK 5 were talking about, its solid and I'm not very strong :laugh: Thank you!

Pacifiers are tough o_o;

Ps. I just got a new one! Nuk 6 style <3

You have more patience than me :)

I tried the same thing and had to give up. I ended up breaking another type of pacifier that also had a nuk 5 nipple.

Side cutting plyers or a olfa knife to cut the guard. They are built to last I have had a plain white one for almost 5 years and it is still going strong.

I ended up breaking it into unusable pieces :laugh:

PrincessSara said:
is it a button style paci (as in it's got a button on front) or a NUK style one where there's a dangly loop?

if the former, if you're using pliers, check the side of the button and you should find a slight slit on one or two of the sides, you want to line up the pliers with these, more or less use alllll your force while holding the shield (you need to apply a kind of 'pinching' pressure to those points for it to become unsecured)...if you still cannot do it, it may be an issue of arm strength (I'm trans and I used to be able to do it easily, now I can BARELY manage to remove the button after 22 months of estrogen, so even with my tiny bit of extra strength it's hard!)

if the latter, hate to tell you but NUK shields suck and are way harder to take apart than MAM/button-style pacis, I had to literally use pliers and crazily chop through the plastic to get the teat out of my first and only NUK shield paci. I recommend you stick with button style pacis in the future.

I've always been very partial to the Nuk pacis with the dangly loop. Not sure why. I know it was the first one that I bought as a young teenager, but not sure what else drew me to them. But I've always wondered how to take them apart. Someone at Pacifiers R Us figured it out tho, since you can get the Nuk 5 or 7 nipple on the colorful shields that are normally only found on the size 1 - 3 pacis.

I never had luck trying to change sheilds and i have hundreds they are buiit so good I like size 3 but they have limited sheilds, I have some old 1970s dark brown latex i would love to put in newer sheilds!!!!

I know. I've tried to take them apart too. I know there's probably a guide on how to do it somewhere. I can it's possible, because there are several places you can order the nuk pacifiers from with different nipples; and they'll ask you what color of guard and ring you want.

LittleBelle said:
I ended up breaking it into unusable pieces :laugh:

Ahahah! Ohhh nooooo!!

Better luck next time :D??

If you needn't original guard, so the way is very easy: Break central part and extract it with "universal pliers." But I know how extract that without damage (all plastic parts/nipple can be reused separated) with screwdriver. Wtf I dont know how to open MAM paci without some damage. Any tips ?

Just tried something, I'm kind of excited it worked: So I still don't know about the Nuk5, but here in Germany Nuk has these "free style" pacifiers, which are pacis with a button with a cute design and a silicone teat, a handle and a see-through shield. And guess what? You can pull them apart without much trouble^^ I guess I was a little too violent just now on my first try, so I broke off a part of the plastic and it won't quite stick together as it did before, but with a little more patience it should work nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back