Any table-top gamers?

findingacceptance

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I know gamers is usually just referring to PC's and Consoles, but is there anyone here on ADISC that plays or is interested in table top gaming? I'm looking for a group, and a diapered group takes less bathroom breaks. Hahaha.

Depends on what you mean by table-top. You thinking more Paranoia, Rifts, and Shadowrun? Or were you thinking more like Twilight Imperium, Tanto Cuore, and Gloomhaven? Or would that be Ironclad, Battletech, and Malifaux? I suppose it could be Tanto Cuore, Sentinels, and Legendary . . . ?

Traemo said:
Depends on what you mean by table-top. You thinking more Paranoia, Rifts, and Shadowrun? Or were you thinking more like Twilight Imperium, Tanto Cuore, and Gloomhaven? Or would that be Ironclad, Battletech, and Malifaux? I suppose it could be Tanto Cuore, Sentinels, and Legendary . . . ?
I have never played any of those games. To use more precise language, I was thinking Table Top RPG's like Pathfinder or D&D. But I'm also a big fan of card games like CAH, Munchkin, Unstable Unicorns. I'm in a very rural area so there's not much of an opportunity to play with others, but I like them so I thought I'd try to find a group.

Well in terms of table top stuff, I did a lot of D&D back in high school. I do more Magic the Gathering now. I'm also working on inventing my own card game.

Fireband said:
Well in terms of table top stuff, I did a lot of D&D back in high school. I do more Magic the Gathering now. I'm also working on inventing my own card game.
Isn't there a way to play MTG online? I thought there was.

Me and my buds do skype magic or discord magic where we use our real cards over facecam. I've personally have been known to run a mean Naya Agro Deck. I am currently working on building a Bant Midrange as well to counter some of the brutal control decks my friends love.

MtG Online is still up, far as I can tell
Tabletop Simulator, if you can find the right packs, is effectively any game you'd like
Roll20 is useful for pen and paper RPG games, but does take some organization from the GM. I've run a few games that way, there' a bit of a learning curve all the way around.

Never did get into tabletop RPGs. I enjoy board games, though--at least the ones that were around when I was a kid. I've received several newer board games like Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride as Christmas or birthday presents in recent years, but I just can't get into them. I think video games have spoiled me. If I haven't already played a particular board game, I (unfortunately) have a very hard time getting excited about it.

I have a ridiculous board game collection (among my favorites are: Lords of Waterdeep, Scythe, Dominion) and I host a biweekly D&D night...which is odd being in my mid-30's but there is something very nostalgic and kiddish about games and using your imagination. I think it would be fun to do D&D with all AB/DL'ers. You could really use headspace to your advantage...but you'd need the right group.

I don't think playing D&D in your 30s counts as odd. Honestly, nearly everyone I run into who plays is that age or older. Although, mostly I play other games (really been digging the Dresden Files RPG these last several years).

Reactions: Trevor
Traemo said:
I don't think playing D&D in your 30s counts as odd. Honestly, nearly everyone I run into who plays is that age or older. Although, mostly I play other games (really been digging the Dresden Files RPG these last several years).

Odd may have been the wrong word - but to the normies out there it may seem childish. Any true nerd knows that simply isn't true - it just means we haven't lost our imaginations.

Dresden Files looks interesting - though I'm not familiar with the book series it's based on. Wizard detective is what I was able to gather.

I got lucks an found a nearby D&D 5E Adventurer's League game that I have been playing. It's getting me interested in running a game again.

My favorite is the Talislanta RPG--as noted in my sig. I like the Fourth Edition of the game with the Codex Magicus rules to tame the magic system a bit. THe best thing is that almost all of the classic game is legally available for free online with the creator and IP holder's blessing. (www.talislanta.com) Great system, unique setting, and it's free!

I did also get in on the Talislanta prequel game KickStarter, Talislanta: The Savage Land. Hopefully it'll be available for the public soon.

glory_days_insert.jpg

glory_days_card2.jpg

Last edited:
I play D&D 4e all the time, but I've also played 5e shadowrun dungeon world and Mutants&Masterminds

abdilly said:
I have a ridiculous board game collection (among my favorites are: Lords of Waterdeep, Scythe, Dominion) and I host a biweekly D&D night...which is odd being in my mid-30's but there is something very nostalgic and kiddish about games and using your imagination. I think it would be fun to do D&D with all AB/DL'ers. You could really use headspace to your advantage...but you'd need the right group.

I don't see the game as being very nostalgic or kiddy. I grew up on freeform imagination games in addition to a few fantasy rpgs, so the transition to table top games felt very natural. Besides, It's not like 12 year old me was trying to act like a kid for fun, I wanted to make cool characters with awsome powers in a cool setting and beat up other cool characters with awsome powers in a cool setting. The whole practice just feels like me, not an AB style act. While your view is valid, there are a lot of things kids and adults share in common, It's the tings they don't normaly share that make the difference between kid and adult stuff. That or I'm just low key insulted that you told me "D&D's for babies"

Reactions: Trevor
A couple years ago I used to play d&d every other weekend, before my group disbanded. I'm probably not what you're looking for though since I play the older editions because everybody in the group was at least 20 years older than me. Tried them once but I can't stand the newer ones, 4 and 5. I've also played a little call of cthulhu.

I can't get into RPG's and gave away my MTG collection years ago... but the collection is:
Settlers, Carcassonne, Dominion, Ticket To Ride, Azul, Splendor, Fluxx, Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, Bears Vs Babies, and recently Unstable Unicorns which is (unintentionally) just soooo little in the card art it's unreal.

My general rule is any game that is over 50% admin is no longer fun - so things like Small World and Seven Wonders are out as there's just too much faffing about.

I like to play Tabletop Click Games like Heroclix, MageKnight and MechWarriors. MageKnight being my favorite, doubt many people here play it tho as it's kinda fallen into obscurity lately.

Reactions: Halibut
DiaperedWeeb97 said:
I like to play Tabletop Click Games . . . MechWarriors.
Just Alpha Strike, then?

Traemo said:
Just Alpha Strike, then?

Age of Destruction is my favorite Mech Warriors line.

I really wasn't a big fan of what WizKids did with the fluff; seemed like an excuse to pull all the iconic and classic chassis. Still, Catalyst seems to be doing alright bringing back the classic stuff . . . .

Back