• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Any suggestions on portable external hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technologic

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ive looked a few places but cant really find what im looking for.

Ideal (in my perfect world): (if its possible)
1+ tb
7200 rpm
eSATA
pocketish size
16mb cache

More likely:
500+gb
pocket size
anything other then USB connection

probably going to settle for: This One.

500 gb
pocket size
5,400rpm
8 mb cache
USB2.0

Any ideas? Even if they just happen to be products you like that don't meet my desired specs. Thanks.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Newegg.com - Thermaltake N0012US Aluminum & Plastic 3.5" Silver USB 2.0 & eSATA External Enclosure - External Enclosures I use this enclosre and it is excellent. I originally bought a WD Mybook (mostly because they're pretty cheap). The first one failed, and I had to RMA it. With the second one, after a few weeks it started acting funny. Transfer speeds were slow after about a minute of use, and it just failed sometimes. I decided either this drive, too, was dying.. or the enclosure was bad. So I took a gamble and bought that enclosure. Well, turns out the HDD inside worked great once I put it in there. WD makes decent hdd's, but I wouldn't trust their enclosures anymore.

So yeah, my thought is.. if you are not afraid of plugging in the drive and putting in a few screws, get a decent enclosure, and put whatever drive you want inside. That one is for a 3.5" drive, though by pocket sized I'm thinking you may mean "2.5" (you might be able to fit mine in your front pocket if you were wearing overalls, haha).

Technologic

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Wow, completely forgot the fact that I dont have to buy one with a drive in it. Thanks for reminding me of that. As of right now i am leaning towards, This Enclosure and This drive. Any Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.