Any other religious and/or spiritual ABDLs here? How do you interpret ABDL within the context of your faith?

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Ha ha no not at all. Christianity is like that, but judaism ans islam both seek to control human behavior
In all religions there will be some people looking to take advantage of those who feel a need for spiritual guidance. Christianity is no exception.

HelloKittyBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Little
In all religions there will be some people looking to take advantage of those who feel a need for spiritual guidance. Christianity is no exception.
You dont get what I'm saying. Islam and Judaism don't "take advantage", it's their rules. What would be a form of perversion in Christianity is not only normal in Islam and Judaism, but the perversion would actually be to not follow all these rituals and refuse a Theocracy.
It's very clear in Galatians:
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
This is addressed to the Jewish Tribes who convert to Christianity, and it's not the only part where Jesus and the Apostles are being very clear to the Jewish tribes about the differences between Christianity and Judaism.
All the parts where Jesus scolds the Pharisees for instance he does it to tell them, they try to look good and follow rituals, but their hearts are evil and dirty.
The whole point is: Jesus and the Apostles CHANGED the focus from rituals and old barbaric practices to a much more spiritual path.
Now of course there are abusers, people who are in religions solely to get power and do evil, but focusing on these people, no matter the religion, is not talking about the religion itself but these people.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
You dont get what I'm saying.
You're saying your religion is right and these other religions are wrong. I get that, and I don't object to that. It wouldn't make sense to belong to a religion if you didn't believe it was better than the others, so it is expected that you would defend it if challenged. I don't belong to any religion, not even agnosticism or atheism, so I'm definitely not an expert on religious practices. I don't intend to challenge you on your beliefs anymore. If I question other people's statements please don't take it personally.

Last edited:

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Incontinent
This could all be applied to any concept of religion too. It seems that the purpose of religion is to get you on a path towards some kind of spiritual realization, but at some point it becomes necessary to break free of all the trappings of the religion itself. When a respected zen master gave a student his volume of work detailing the teachings and practical advice for running the monastery, painstakingly written over his years of experience, the student immediately tossed it into a fire, and went on to become the next zen master.

I see a similar idea expressed in the Christian bible, which is cited by many Christians as being the foundation for their religious beliefs. If you read the bible enough, sooner or later you run across the question (I'm paraphrasing) "Why are you seeking the living from among the dead?"
If I'm not mistaken you are replying moreso to my earlier comment about desire to be rid of desires (or perhaps, to be a "better person" in general) being akin to training wheels on a bicycle…? The teaching of "emptiness" is quite unique to Buddhism. Although I do think it is interesting that so many of the world's religions point in a similar direction when it comes to certain topics, e.g. kindness.

Buddhism certainly appeals to the practically-minded, as you noted. If nothing else, you learn more about the many ways your mind can easily fool you. The student you mentioned in the story threw the book into the fire because he knew the value of working things out from a fresh, untainted perspective. Ideas that are allowed to become entrenched, aka dogma, are a kind of trap.

Another corollary, if you will, of "emptiness" is that all things must change and cannot be permanent; this is not an empirical observation but a necessary consequence of the fact that all things are "empty" of intrinsic substance that could potentially remain stable and unchanging. Fixed ideas about things, then, eventually must wear out their usefulness.

Also, as an addendum, I think HelloKittyBoi highlighted legitimate distinctions between the major Abrahamic religions. What they said did not come across to me as defensive, particularly. o.o

HelloKittyBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
You're saying your religion is right and these other religions are wrong.
That's absolutely not what I'm saying 🤦‍♂️
You didnt challenge me on my beliefs neither. I don't even know what you're talking about all I said is Christian doctrine is based on increasing your faith whereas Islam and Judaism are based on rituals and obeying sacred laws.
It's like describing two colors, because they're different doesnt mean one is right and one is wrong???
I feel like you're putting intentions in me that I don't have.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
I don't even know what you're talking about all I said is Christian doctrine is based on increasing your faith whereas Islam and Judaism are based on rituals and obeying sacred laws.
Maybe I read too much into it when you said "judaism and islam both seek to control human behavior". If so I apologize. I now understand you to be saying that it is OK for religion to seek to control human behavior but Christianity doesn't do that. I don't share your belief on that last part, but that's just a matter of belief. Not worth arguing over.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
The student you mentioned in the story threw the book into the fire because he knew the value of working things out from a fresh, untainted perspective.
I have no idea what was going through the student's mind when he did that. He didn't want the book but the master insisted. Maybe he was just being vindictive when he through it into the fire in the old man's presence. He could have waited until the old man died to spare his feelings, but he didn't.

The old man was shocked. Should he have been? I sometimes say "yes"; sometimes "no". Zen is full of questions like that.
Friggen zen!!! :confused:

Last edited:

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Well Christian since 4 years.
I am pretty sure the Bible says nothing about liking diapers. Nor does it say anything about liking socks and underwear ha ha.
What it does talk about tho, is sexual immorality. This puzzled me for a while: since wearing diapers is clearly (for me at least) a kink, isn't that sexually immoral?
Nope. The original meaning is about cheating on your spouse. So you're actually allowed to have many kinks as you want with your spouse. 😏
As long as 1)You dont harm anyone (including yourself) and 2) You don't let diapers come before God, there is nothing wrong with it.

I even have an "odd" belief, I don't know if many will share with me, that God expects you to wear diapers if you have that fetish. Like I have a feeling that during the judgment day he will be like "oh you didn't wear diapers? Too bad I mean that doesnt change much but you were supposed to". But maybe it's just me.

The real questions a Christian need to answer are "is what I'm doing evil"? And "does that prevent me from being a good christian and face my responsabilities"? (do they take too much room).

Imo if you can honestly answer "no" to both questions you're good to go :)

What do you think?
If you take a literal viewpoint... it kinda.. does

Deuteronomy 22:5 “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God. "

Way I view this is it was poking at traditional ideas that men go to war and woman stay at home, "man's garment" pointing to the idea what you wear to fight wars, and maybe other tasks that was found unfitting for woman at the time. Modern literalists use this passage to fight off any kind of cross dressing, and if someone wanted, can ague this extends to not wearing clothes meant for babies. So to say it never says anything in regards to this... eh? depends on view point of translations and interpretations. I personally do not agree with it, but it is a good idea to be mindful of these point of views existing.

Deuteronomy 22:11

You shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together.

Though I got no idea what this means or the intent of it. Never really seen anyone talk about it.

HelloKittyBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
Though I got no idea what this means or the intent of it. Never really seen anyone talk about it.
Old Testament = Torah = Judaism.
New Testament = Jesus & The Apostles = Messianic Christian.

John 8 is pretty clear about what Jesus thinks of people who condemn others according to the old testament. A group of Pharisees, a tribe of Judaism who prides themselves in strictly following rules, and not only the rules of the Torah but also the oral rules of Abraham, later known as the Talmudic laws, go see Jesus, and ask him if its ok to stone a woman caught cheating (the torah says its what should be done)

And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

He goes even further to qualify the Pharisees who wanted to stone the woman and follow the law of the Old Testament:
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8 is a cornerstone regarding how Jesus himself views the barbaric practices of the Torah.

Now you're not Christian but you put your finger on what I consider to be Christianity's biggest cancer: people relying on the old testament instead of the new testament, solely for the purpose of harassing others and justify all kinds of hatred and bigotted behaviors that are an abomination. It's an abomination because Jesus was all about faith, love and hated with passion people who told rules to others they were not even following themselves.

This is truly an abomination, but I'm slowly becoming part of a minority. People rely more and more on the old testament especially because of american televangelist that are here just for the money.

It's sad really 😓

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Old Testament = Torah = Judaism.
New Testament = Jesus & The Apostles = Messianic Christian.

John 8 is pretty clear about what Jesus thinks of people who condemn others according to the old testament. A group of Pharisees, a tribe of Judaism who prides themselves in strictly following rules, and not only the rules of the Torah but also the oral rules of Abraham, later known as the Talmudic laws, go see Jesus, and ask him if its ok to stone a woman caught cheating (the torah says its what should be done)

And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

He goes even further to qualify the Pharisees who wanted to stone the woman and follow the law of the Old Testament:
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8 is a cornerstone regarding how Jesus himself views the barbaric practices of the Torah.

Now you're not Christian but you put your finger on what I consider to be Christianity's biggest cancer: people relying on the old testament instead of the new testament, solely for the purpose of harassing others and justify all kinds of hatred and bigotted behaviors that are an abomination. It's an abomination because Jesus was all about faith, love and hated with passion people who told rules to others they were not even following themselves.

This is truly an abomination, but I'm slowly becoming part of a minority. People rely more and more on the old testament especially because of american televangelist that are here just for the money.

It's sad really 😓
umm.. I am not the ones with these views, you should speak to ted cruz and of the like. I am just trying to inform you of these view points. So no I am not the "cancer" you speak of, I even said in that post, I disagree with it.

HelloKittyBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
umm.. I am not the ones with these views, you should speak to ted cruz and of the like. I am just trying to inform you of these view points. So no I am not the "cancer" you speak of, I even said in that post, I disagree with it.
And I never said YOU were. I'm talking about people who think they're Christian and use laws of the Torah to attack people. It's sad. I think the old testament should be completely removed from the Bible because it gets Christians very confused.
I know I wouldnt like to be Ted Cruz on judgment day 🤷‍♂️

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
I have no idea what was going through the student's mind when he did that. He didn't want the book but the master insisted. Maybe he was just being vindictive when he through it into the fire in the old man's presence. He could have waited until the old man died to spare his feelings, but he didn't.

The old man was shocked. Should he have been? I sometimes say "yes"; sometimes "no". Zen is full of questions like that.
Friggen zen!!! :confused:
:LOL:

Zen stories are designed to seemingly not make sense until understood from the right perspective. ^^;

I don't know if I have read the one you mentioned, or that version of it, so there's more than the usual guesswork involved in my interpretation. But it sounds to me like the student had become the master's teacher in that moment: seeing that the master was so attached to this work he had produced, and understanding worldly attachment to be a hindrance to liberation from the cycle of worldly birth, the student acted to break the master's attachment (albeit apparently rather harshly). The intention being instructive rather than vindictive. The idea of "sparing the old man's feelings" only makes sense if one assumes that what will happen to the master after death is unrelated to what happens before; in which case upsetting him for any reason would be pointless and simply cruel.

That's my $0.02 FWIW. ^.^

littleSorcerer

Est. Contributor
Role
I would not say i'm religious, but I would say i'm spiritual; I do believe in god, although my conception of god is quite different from most western religions. It's probably closest to the Hindu idea of the atman: a sort of divine and universal energy that weaves through or rather is everything.

I also believe that this "god" I speak of is fairly incompressible to humaity: we may feel its existence but will never truly understand it completely.

I also find the more primitive values of the so called "pagan" religions more appealing than the more advanced religions such as christianity and budhism. I think in their strictest forms the modern religions are ultimately about rejecting and rising above our early existence and vices, while the pagan religions often celebrate these things (in balance and their rightful place of course, a concept known as virtue in ancient greece).

I don't exactly want to leave my earthly existence and vices behind. I want celebrate and actualize them even if I must suffer to do so. Perhaps I have just lived a very lucky life so far. It is probably possible to suffer so greatly that anyone can desire to reject their earthy existence.

aberrantlyme

Est. Contributor
Role
A lot of the posts that I make on my blog have connections to my beliefs. It, like diapers, are part of who I am, and I continue to try and maintain a healthy balance between all facets of my life. Check it out at: https://aberrantlyme.home.blog

KitsuneFox

* Yip *
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
If I was forced to stick a label on my diaper, I'd be considered Shinto .
Shinto is an unorganized spiritual belief system that is based on the individual's own personal views, and how they think it is best to practice.
Fox and the Jewel is an excellent English book that takes a look at some of the aspects of Shinto - mainly foxes 🦊
ABDL is not generally viewed negatively outside of the Otaku social stigma.
( one guy who is very well known )
An interesting side note - there are more adult diapers sold in Japan, than baby diapers .

Last edited:

CrinklesTheBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well Christian since 4 years.
I am pretty sure the Bible says nothing about liking diapers. Nor does it say anything about liking socks and underwear ha ha.
What it does talk about tho, is sexual immorality. This puzzled me for a while: since wearing diapers is clearly (for me at least) a kink, isn't that sexually immoral?
Nope. The original meaning is about cheating on your spouse. So you're actually allowed to have many kinks as you want with your spouse. 😏
As long as 1)You dont harm anyone (including yourself) and 2) You don't let diapers come before God, there is nothing wrong with it.

I even have an "odd" belief, I don't know if many will share with me, that God expects you to wear diapers if you have that fetish. Like I have a feeling that during the judgment day he will be like "oh you didn't wear diapers? Too bad I mean that doesnt change much but you were supposed to". But maybe it's just me.

The real questions a Christian need to answer are "is what I'm doing evil"? And "does that prevent me from being a good christian and face my responsabilities"? (do they take too much room).

Imo if you can honestly answer "no" to both questions you're good to go :)

What do you think?
For me diapers and being an Adult Baby is therapeutic and necessary. I am partially incontinent, meaning I do wet the bed at night and have some dribbling during the day. I can hold my urine better during the day than at night. For me being an AB also has a sexual fetish angle to it too. I am aroused by diapers. I masturbate in my diapers. Now most Christians would say masturbation is a sin. But if you truly read the story about "spilling seed", it is about not doing what God commanded than the actual act of masturbation itself. I think people get that twisted and confused.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Zen stories are designed to seemingly not make sense until understood from the right perspective. ^^;
That's what I think, too. But I get the distinct impression that whatever understanding is obtained, if it is the true understanding it can't be put into words. Any explanation will only be an opinion, and a sign that the true understanding was missed.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I generally reject religious dogma, but count myself as spiritual, where "spiritual" describes a sense of awe at the scale of the universe, an awareness of my vanishingly small place within that universe, a thirst for understanding of many things that I'll probably never understand--and yes, even a hope that, when I die, I'll simply learn something, and continue on my journey with a broader awareness and context.

I've flirted with various spiritual labels in the past, but decided that none quite fit, so I get to explain it every time. Even then, it's not really adequate. It's hard to describe a feeling.

As to the question of how ABDL meshes with this: It doesn't really register, and I certainly don't feel conflicted in any way. I've several times amused myself to wonder: If there is a "beyond" from which those who've departed this reality can look in and see what I'm up to--what are they thinking of me lying here in a diaper with a pacifier in my mouth? Inevitably, I conclude that they'd understand why I'm doing it even better than I do.

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
But I get the distinct impression that whatever understanding is obtained, if it is the true understanding it can't be put into words. Any explanation will only be an opinion, and a sign that the true understanding was missed.
Sorta-kinda. ^^; The true understanding of reality defies words, and as I mentioned earlier, the Buddha's teachings have more to do with clearing away misconceptions rather than with propagating specific beliefs. But it cannot be the case that any explanation is a sign of not understanding: if that were so then Buddhism could not exist; there could be no teaching, that is, no way of guiding others.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Sorta-kinda. ^^; The true understanding of reality defies words, and as I mentioned earlier, the Buddha's teachings have more to do with clearing away misconceptions rather than with propagating specific beliefs. But it cannot be the case that any explanation is a sign of not understanding: if that were so then Buddhism could not exist; there could be no teaching, that is, no way of guiding others.
The Christian version of clearing away misconceptions is removing the log from one's eye. Seems like a sensible approach for a spiritual quest, but there is the danger that these misconceptions, or logs, will only be replaced by others. A spiritual quest, in itself, can become one of the logs.

There is a parable that highlights that. A zen student was so impressed with the wisdom the master displayed when he used nonverbal means to communicate things that can't be put into words, that he copied the master's way of answering questions by raising a finger. He continued doing this until the master chopped off his (the student's) finger, and at that point he gained true understanding.

I still have all my fingers so, obviously, I don't have true understanding. :)

Does any of this relate to the OP's question? Religions are institutions with their own set of rules and regulations. Whether or not it is acceptable for their members to wear diapers for pleasure or act like babies is entirely up to the religious authority of that religion. Anyone not satisfied with the position of the leaders of their particular church can always find another one more agreeable.

It's not so simple with spiritual beliefs that aren't tied to some physical, social structure. There are differing opinions on whether or not something "spiritual" can even exist, but, as I see it, for those looking for spiritual answers there will always be this nagging suspicion that caving in to 'earthly desires' could be an obstacle to obtaining enlightenment or the key to Heaven.