• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Any one here Like ska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I'm just curiuse about what type of music people on here listin too? I love ska and paradies. The only ones I don't like are country and rap.

But I mostly listin to ska and indy now.

so who here likes ska?

Last edited:

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I don't like ... rap.

But I mostly listin to ska and undy now.
You're missing out, dude.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the "speed ska" that's so popular, but I like the stuff with lots of horns. Trumpets, trombones, even french horns (which, yes, I've heard some with them, they're euphoniums but still the same sound).

Anyway, to list them,

The Aquabats
Reel Big Fish
Streetlight Manifesto (some of them)
The Specials
311 (if you want to count them)

I'm really more into reggae than ska, but some of it's okay.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
Ska is definitely one of my "more liked" genres. :)

Favorite artist? Probably Goldfinger. I'm sure everyone remembers this from Tony Hawk 2:

YouTube - Goldfinger - Superman

And one of my favorites:

YouTube - Goldfinger - Here in Your Bedroom Video
I love goldfinger so much. Next to the Aquabats and no torso.

I'm not a major fan, but I like it now and again. This is one of my most peculiar finds along those lines. Found it when I was looking for something else:

YouTube - Ready Steady Go! / ARTS - Japanese Ska! Kagoshima Ska!

Otherwise, I like Madness and the Specials with some interest in the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Reel Big Fish.
I love that song. It's the only song I know by them. Real big fish is ok.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Yeah, I like listening to ska sometimes. I don't listen to it often though, but I do like it.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Seen Bosstones, Reel Big Fish , and LTJ live before....so yes I do like teh ska

Role
Diaper Lover,
Ska is one of my favorite genres! I'm a big fan of Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger. :]

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Reel Big Fish was awesome live , but some girl was crowd surfing and was dropped on her neck >< so we had to take a break

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Sure, but mostly 3rd wave stuff like Reel Big Fish and the likes. I've always had a thing for Mad Caddies and NOFX's ska-ier stuff.

EDIT:

Reel Big Fish was awesome live , but some girl was crowd surfing and was dropped on her neck >< so we had to take a break
Reel Big Fish were awful when I saw them live. I mean, they played fine and all, but using nothing but the same things in-between song that was on their years old live album didn't do it for me.

Role
Diaper Lover,
Dude woahh ! I'd be scared! At my bro's band's concert, some girl got hit by her boyfriend :/

alternatives

Contributor
Role
Private
I sort of like ska, depending on what you call 'ska'.

I really liked No Doubt up to (and including) Tragic Kingdom.
And I listen to a lot of the punk/ska like Rancid, Green Day, and of course Sublime. :smile:

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm surprised I seem to be the only one so far that likes the Aquabats. and no one has mentioned Streetlight manifesto.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I'm surprised I seem to be the only one so far that likes the Aquabats. and no one has mentioned Streetlight manifesto.
My response was moderated = late, but THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING I SAID THEM FIRST. Look at the date!

analogmedium

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I love ska! Two-tone only, though, don't care much for the punk ska bands..

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
Musterd plug andthe toasters are two of the really big SKA bands.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
My cousin is in a ska/punk band. Buck-O-Nine. They were really big in the '90s. He plays the lead guitar. ^^

F

FullMetal

I love Ska, such happy tunes with subtle twisted lyrics :)

I love Streetlight Manifesto, if you know them. And Reel Big Fish, but I haven't been listening to them in a while...

Does Less than Jake count :D because I love them...and they have a trombone and a sax, but I never really considered them all that ska...ish.

FullMetal

Status
Not open for further replies.