Any of you try the new ABU diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddylee

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I contacted abu a while back and was told they would be increasing the absorbency in there diapers. I checked the web site and it looks like they have done it. Any of you tried them ? Is it a lot more absorbent ?

I hope not. Not everything needs to hold a gallon of pee.

MaxiPad89 said:
I hope not. Not everything needs to hold a gallon of pee.

If you don't like the added absorbency, then you don't have to buy them. There are plenty of other products on the market that are wafer-thin, and I am sure they will be better suited for your purpose.

Honeywell6180 said:
If you don't like the added absorbency, then you don't have to buy them. There are plenty of other products on the market that are wafer-thin, and I am sure they will be better suited for your purpose.

Actually, pretty much every ABDL diaper that isn't the Bambino Classico or ABU diapers are pretty damn thick. Although I haven't tried the original Snuggies yet. It'd be nice to have an ABDL diaper that you can wear under your clothes without worrying about people noticing the diaper bulge. No one said they all need to be thin, but having ONE thinner ABDL diaper wouldn't be a terrible thing.

MaxiPad89 said:
Actually, pretty much every ABDL diaper that isn't the Bambino Classico or ABU diapers are pretty damn thick. Although I haven't tried the original Snuggies yet. It'd be nice to have an ABDL diaper that you can wear under your clothes without worrying about people noticing the diaper bulge. No one said they all need to be thin, but having ONE thinner ABDL diaper wouldn't be a terrible thing.

I agree, wholeheartedly. You can increase capacity with stuffers but there's nothing you can do to reduce a diaper's profile. I wouldn't mind seeing an overnight Cushie added, in the manner of Snuggies Waddlers Overnight but there's no reason to kill a good product that's already there.

I haven't personally as I'm not AB, but a friend of mine did and he said they were actually thin to the point of absolute uselessness.

That's a pretty egregious thing to say. Just because they hold one wetting doesn't make them useless. Again, not EVERYTHING needs to hold five pounds of pee.

ClickyKeys said:
I haven't personally as I'm not AB, but a friend of mine did and he said they were actually thin to the point of absolute uselessness.

I have worn the older versions of the cloth-backed Cushies. I found that their overall design is the most sensible I've tried. This is due to the product's overall durability, and Velcro that can be refastened repeatedly. It can be worn for far longer periods than anything else on the market, save for Goodnites. As far as being thin, I think the ABU products are as thin as I could ever want, as anything thinner that I've had experience with has deteriorated over very short periods of wear. The ABUniverse products have held up surprisingly well, perhaps exceeding the Bambino offerings.

I agree that not every diaper needs to hold a gallon of pee but the old ab universe super dry kids would leak for me after one wetting and most ab/dls have said before that the abu diapers are more of a play diaper and not really usable. if i am going to spend that kind of money on diapers I would like to be able to use them and not just wear them for play.

buddylee said:
most ab/dls have said before that the abu diapers are more of a play diaper and not really usable.

That sounds about right. The single tapes in particular I think make for an unreliable diaper. Lack of front or rear elastic also affects comfort and fit. But they're not that expensive really, they're at the bottom of the ABDL diaper price point, so I think you're getting what you pay for in terms of value for your dollar. They're "useless" as a reliable diaper, but that's not what they're meant to be. My chair can also work as a place to sleep, but doesn't do it nearly as well as an actual bed, because that's not what it was primarily designed for. That doesn't make it a bad chair.

bambinod said:
That sounds about right. The single tapes in particular I think make for an unreliable diaper. Lack of front or rear elastic also affects comfort and fit. But they're not that expensive really, they're at the bottom of the ABDL diaper price point, so I think you're getting what you pay for in terms of value for your dollar. They're "useless" as a reliable diaper, but that's not what they're meant to be. My chair can also work as a place to sleep, but doesn't do it nearly as well as an actual bed, because that's not what it was primarily designed for. That doesn't make it a bad chair.
The leak problems with the old Cushies wasn't from the lack of waistband or the one-tape design. It was absolutely the lack of material, period. For anyone that's a heavy wetter (like me) the old Cushies were fun, but wetting was always a roll of the dice as to whether I'd be wetting just the diaper or the furniture too.

GoldDragonAurkarm said:
The leak problems with the old Cushies wasn't from the lack of waistband or the one-tape design. It was absolutely the lack of material, period. For anyone that's a heavy wetter (like me) the old Cushies were fun, but wetting was always a roll of the dice as to whether I'd be wetting just the diaper or the furniture too.

They were trying to make up for thin padding by using high sap. That ups capacity on paper, but makes wicking and absorption much poorer. With the poor leak control the design has, that was just a recipe for disaster. I don't think it's technically possible to flood a cushies without leaking. It's been awhile since I had any over here, but iirc their standing leak guards were very short also. I wasn't suggesting the front/back elastic would have helped stop leaks, but I disagree with you on the single tape idea, I consider that to seriously increase the odds of a leak.

I have never had a problem with their single-tape design.

I actually prefer the one tape design that and the fact that they look like the old pampers. I am just glad the company made them a little more absorbent. hopefully they can be a usable diaper and not just a play diaper any more

I did just order the spoiled from ABU to give em a shot. Should be here in a week. Expensive diapers they are but for novelty and the claims to their absorbency should be fun to play with over my regular choice of secure X plus or bellisimo.

No, I got burned on a Jan order, and when I emailed the "new" owner all he said was do a charge back. I could not do that as it was months after the charge went though. I am suspicious of it now, and will not order again, and I would advice people to avoid it.

When you buy a company you buy not only the asserts you get the liabilities you can not just say "oh well that was the older owners we do not have to deal with that" unless they refund my money or deliver my order (order number AB-1431 placed on 1/19/2015) I say they have not fulfilled there obligation

Babyboy - Sorry about the experience you had. I have over 1500 people that have contacted me about outstanding orders from the previous company, and there is no humanly way I can issue gift cards for 100% of all of them - therefore, we ask that everyone proceed with a chargeback first, and then contact us if they have problems doing this so we can help further. I will be issuing you a gift card for the full amount of your order, as it sounds like you were unable to do the chargeback. This is what I am doing with everyone.

I am sorry that we couldn't come to resolution earlier, or in private, as I would prefer to not make these matters public.

-Thanks,
Casey.

I have a case of super dry kids and just from the look and feel wearing them I cant tell the difference to be honest, but how much is 10% any ways?

1500 seems like a lot. But we were kicking around some numbers in chat. One stat cited was that 0.01% of the population is ABDL. 320 million in the USA right now. So only 1 in 20 ABDLs would have needed to have an outstanding order to get to 1500. Sounds reasonable.

Thank you Casey, for doing what you can to help those that were taken advantage of. Although some of us are still upset with unresolved problems, I think that we can all agree that you can't afford to just give away ~$200,000 to fix someone else's fraud. Hopefully most of us with outstanding orders can get a refund via chargeback. The only concerns there I think are (1) orders placed too long ago to be eligible, and (2) you're probably going to have to give them details on what you ordered and didn't receive. Gary made it tough on a lot of us, lets not try to pile it all on Casey as he tries to clean up the mess, it's just too big for him to absorb on his own. Try to get it back through visa or paypal, and if that doesn't work, then call or drop him an email. If we're willing to make the effort to get our money back through the bank where possible, I think there's a good chance for everyone to come out ok.

5687Agent said:
I have a case of super dry kids and just from the look and feel wearing them I cant tell the difference to be honest, but how much is 10% any ways?

We wanted to start slow with the increase in SAP. 10% was the first try. Next batch will be a bit more than that.

The 10% is just sheer absorbency, and was for the polymer gel - not the pulp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back