Any NASCAR fans?

I used to be, I'm more into drag racing now.

Reactions: JensBabyGirl
JensBabyGirl said:
I agree. I would love to see an “unlimited” class, sort of Run Whatcha Brung and Hope You Brought Enough race....
Limited rules, unlimited horsepower
I think I know what series you're looking for, it's called super modified.

Might be worth checking out!

Reactions: JensBabyGirl
I’m a drag racer myself, 1/4 mile....
Tracks are closing down quickly, Englishtown Nj, Milan in Detroit, MapleGrove in Pa might be next.
Im going to MasonDixon in Md next month.
Unfortunately I bailed on NasCrap due to political beliefs, that was the final straw...

Sorry to hear they closed down Englishtown. I used to go there with my parents when I was a kid. They closed down the 1/4 track near Lynchburg, VA as well.

Couldntthinkofausername said:
That's awesome! I love IndyCar too, call me a bandwagoner but I love me some Scott Dixon
Yeah, I’m an IndyCar guy. I’m from Ohio, so Rahal is my driver. I started watching a lot more when Rossi came from F1, I had followed him in junior formulas. I actually have tickets to the Indy 500 this year! Have you ever been to a race?

willnotwill said:
Not as into it as I once was. I actually spent over a decade as a NASCAR official. I went from paying to get in the track every week to being paid to do about the same thing... watch the cars go round.
How did you become an official? That’s super cool. Do you still live near Charlotte?

boostergold said:
I wanted to grow up to be Ricky Rudd so bad. I think perez getting a chance with a better car this year is going to push him to the top this year, especially after that win in Bahrain last year when he came in first after being in last place. Im sure Vettel is happy to get away from Ferrari after their cars sucking the last two seasons
Aston’s start worries me a bit, and I hate to say it but I think that Lance is the preferred driver. I love Vettel’s style when he is performing well. I agree that Ferrari’s pressure hurt him, and I’m worried now that the media might make Seb go into a downward spiral again

Reactions: boostergold
nezquic66 said:
Yeah, I’m an IndyCar guy. I’m from Ohio, so Rahal is my driver. I started watching a lot more when Rossi came from F1, I had followed him in junior formulas. I actually have tickets to the Indy 500 this year! Have you ever been to a race?
I'm going to my first NASCAR race this year actually! And I eventually wanna see an indycar race, but I wanna experience NASCAR first

I'm going to my first NASCAR race this year actually! And I eventually wanna see an indycar race, but I wanna experience NASCAR first
Which race are you going to? I’ve been to plenty of them, you’ll love it!

nezquic66 said:
Which race are you going to? I’ve been to plenty of them, you’ll love it!
I'm actually seeing 4 in one weekend it's the pocono double header.

Reactions: nezquic66
nezquic66 said:
Aston’s start worries me a bit, and I hate to say it but I think that Lance is the preferred driver. I love Vettel’s style when he is performing well. I agree that Ferrari’s pressure hurt him, and I’m worried now that the media might make Seb go into a downward spiral again
Yeah Lance is definitely the preferred driver, his dad owns the team. He does have promise to be one of the best, it just seems like he lacks confidence to really push it.

nezquic66 said:
How did you become an official? That’s super cool. Do you still live near Charlotte?
Yes. I waited around one night until they said they needed someone. Started off doing menial stuff and worked my way up over the years.

willnotwill said:
Yes. I waited around one night until they said they needed someone. Started off doing menial stuff and worked my way up over the years.
I went to college there, and actually got to know David Green’s wife. Working in the sport seems cool, but I know it’s a grind

boostergold said:
Yeah Lance is definitely the preferred driver, his dad owns the team. He does have promise to be one of the best, it just seems like he lacks confidence to really push it.
I agree that he might not have that full ability or confidence that drivers like Ricciardo, Checo, and Seb have. I think he rose through the junior formulas too quick, I believe he went from F3 Euro (back when GP3 was still a thing) straight into F1. If he can wrap his head around things, he could he a great driver

Anyone watching the Xfinity series race at Martinsville tonight?

Anyone watching the Xfinity series race at Martinsville tonight?
I watched till the rain set in. If I can remember I’ll check in tonight if they are able to have the Cup race. I usually spend most of my time on Twitter while watching the races.

Looking at today's weather report, Martinsville is going to get a lot of rain. I'm getting the rain now. The rains coming from the southwest and Martinsville is southwest of me by about 90 miles so I suspect they'll have to finish the race tomorrow.

dogboy said:
Looking at today's weather report, Martinsville is going to get a lot of rain. I'm getting the rain now. The rains coming from the southwest and Martinsville is southwest of me by about 90 miles so I suspect they'll have to finish the race tomorrow.
Dang, thanks for the update though!

dogboy said:
Yeah, based on the radar there isn’t any possibility of them racing tonight

Back