• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Any *B/DLs in Washington/Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You should probably establish a better reputation before asking if others are around you

Cake

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I used to live in the Seattle area. Lived there for like ten years. What a beautiful place to live. But yeah I agree with Pojo :/

cais

Contributor
I really wouldn't recommend a thread like this without a reputable presence here. I'm only telling you cause your going to get flamed in about a day on the subject:sad:

Does this forum need a "Meetings" section, or is that too DailyDiapers?

Answer is no...

UltimaOblivion93

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Really? Sweet ^_^ too bad theres a big age gap between us. Have you met any *B/DLs in your area yet?

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm actually... nowhere near there - clear across the country actually. Not to be rude or anything but since when did Adisc become a hookup site? It's been my feeling that what separates us from the other sites is that we are a community of members of all ages from all around the globe. It seems like the guiding principal of this community is exactly that - community, and that's what makes it great. I'm thankful that here I don't run into the less than savory characters that inhabit a number of the other sites.

As for meeting up with other people, I gotta say this:

1. If the you or another member is under 18, don't even think about! That's just not safe, and wrong on so many other levels too. I am not accusing anyone of this, I just felt I had to say it.
2. Let's keep it out of the forums. If a person want's to meet up with someone else, chances are if both members are well established on the forum, then each would likely know if that member is nearby geographically speaking and if a meet might be in the best interest of both parties involved. I will say this to put it in perspective. None of the members here have ever met me, though I'll venture to guess that a good number of the regulars and VIP's know quite a bit about me.

I am not intending to flame anyone here and I have nothing against the question being discussed, it's just my feeling that there are certain customs here and I figured I needed to express what I think they are. On another note, if what I already wrote is already listed, then forget what I just said. And if you disagree, that's cool too.

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
God, we really need to sort something out. This is the second thread i have seen in two days, new people asking if anyone are near them.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
God, we really need to sort something out. This is the second thread i have seen in two days, new people asking if anyone are near them.
Given how common they are on other sites, I'm surprised we don't see more of these kinds of posts. I think just making it clear why that sort of thing isn't going to get any good traction here is the best approach. Not rude, just straightforward; as we've been doing.

Role
Private
1. If the you or another member is under 18, don't even think about! That's just not safe, and wrong on so many other levels too. I am not accusing anyone of this, I just felt I had to say it.
Hey now, Spirit and I met up when we were 14 and 18 respectively.

I think that much of an age difference isn't so much a problem, so long as you:
  • have a huge amount of trust for the other person,
  • you genuinely want to meet them for who they are (to form a good friendship, not solely because of the whole diaper thing)... and most importantly,
  • you have open and honest dialogue and set boundaries by which you both agree to abide by.

I hardly perceive it as wrong to meet someone under the age of 18, although the negative connotations are definitely present. However, the biggest difference between the older person seeming like a pervert and them being a trustworthy person is the circumstance under which you meet up. Of course, we met up in a public place and for the first couple of times we met, we only hung around in public places.

I'm not going to condone that all young people should be meeting older people from the internet, but I'm certainly not going to stand against it. I'm in support of building a good relationship online first and building trust there, then eventually stepping it up to finally meeting each other.

Last edited:

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
That's great that you were able to get together, I don't see much issue with that at all so long as there is a lot of trust, and also the age difference wasn't exactly all that different. I made the suggestion of based on the fact that for some people orchestrating a meetup with someone under 18 would be a bit creepy. I'll even use myself as an example. I'm 25, and let's say I was to meet up with someone age 14. I am not interested in doing so, btw. I can only imagine what the parents would say if they found out their 14 y/o was to be meeting up with someone 10 years older that they met on a diaper related site. Heck, people's lives and reputations could be ruined because of that even though intentions were good and pure. It's due to that scenario that I strongly urge no meetups with underagers. In your case though Lukie, you were roughly the same age, so that makes it not really an issue.

Sparkz

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
i'm in seattle too!

I think it's unfair to assume that the intent is to "hook-up". I would very much like to meet some people in person just to affirm that there really are good people out there who are like me. I grew up dealing with and trying to understand who I am and I would have given anything to have had someone around to support me who REALLY understood me and not just a therapist. and ya it is risky meeting in person but when I was 15, had this sort of site been available to me, hell ya I would have taken that risk for a chance at compasion and understanding. label that how you want, but the lonliness was maddening and people on the internet, while they help, someone totally getting who are in person would have been the holy grail for me.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Hey now, does this site have a forum called "Playdates, anyone?"
No, I think not
But. There is a chance of meeting up with someone if you have enough trust and they aren't underage, or are at least under 17.
My opinion is firm >:U

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
I think it's unfair to assume that the intent is to "hook-up". I would very much like to meet some people in person just to affirm that there really are good people out there who are like me. I grew up dealing with and trying to understand who I am and I would have given anything to have had someone around to support me who REALLY understood me and not just a therapist. and ya it is risky meeting in person but when I was 15, had this sort of site been available to me, hell ya I would have taken that risk for a chance at compasion and understanding. label that how you want, but the lonliness was maddening and people on the internet, while they help, someone totally getting who are in person would have been the holy grail for me.
I don't think someone is necessarily dangerous or creepy just because they go looking for a meet-up right off the bat. However, when I've got precious little to go on, it doesn't tell me much that's good about that person. It says at the very least that they didn't take the time to try to understand the community before posting, since it's pretty clear that we don't roll that way (one of the little differences around here that I cherish). First impressions aren't everything, but they count.

I can wholeheartedly recommend meeting others, but for me, it's only been really good when it's been someone that I took the trouble to get to know and that I had something in common with other than diapers. Otherwise, I think you're just asking for awkward silences or worse. Unless it's a group meet or party, I think it pays to put in a little effort, even if there's no hint of a "hookup".

Sparkz

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
ya, it's a big blurry topic. so what would be right way to go about this then? I don't hardly post here since most of the threads are repeating but I have been lurking for years. since I don't post I don't get the badly needed rep and my post/rep is too low to contact other users. then again I suppose im suggesting that this is a place to arrange such things but its also the only place where I feel even remotely comfortable doing so. crap im back where I started. o_O

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
ya, it's a big blurry topic. so what would be right way to go about this then? I don't hardly post here since most of the threads are repeating but I have been lurking for years. since I don't post I don't get the badly needed rep and my post/rep is too low to contact other users. then again I suppose im suggesting that this is a place to arrange such things but its also the only place where I feel even remotely comfortable doing so. crap im back where I started. o_O
There's really nothing else for it but to decide you're going to join up for real. Technically, you'll get yourself out of Newbie status with one more post, so that'll take care of the first big hurdle. That doesn't really touch on building a reputation for yourself (not talking about reputation points, either) in the community. A lot of the topics do repeat, but that doesn't mean that people don't need answers.

If you just can't bear posting something helpful in the 115th "What Size Should I Buy?" post, we have a lot of forums that have nothing whatsoever to do with diapers and that's a good way to get to know people and be known for other aspects of your personality. Also, there's always the IRC channel, which helps a lot that way.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Hmmm I'm sorry to see such bickering going on, over just a request to see who lives near them. Yeah a lot of other sites offer a way to post that info in a thread. It sounds like ADISC would benefit from it.

Also the question of when is it appropriate to ask such questions? None at all? When you've gone beyond the stage of "newbie"? When you are able to be well known on the site?

All the comments made about the inappropriateness of underage being in contact with overage is something important to consider. One never knows who is lurking about or what intentions they have.

I like the fact that none of this goes under the radar, I have no problem with that. On the other hand there needs to be some clear guidelines for everyone.

Sparkz

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
I am totally willing to be helpful and post i'm just not on frequently enough to jump in on the top and the common stuff gets answered. but ya, i'll try to hit up other forum topics here too, you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.