Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I've had IBS ever since I can remember. I had a couple of bad episodes several weeks ago while on vacation. Now I've got persistent and increasing pain in my lower left abdomen area, just behind my pelvic bone. And here's another problem. I switched jobs for the first time in ten years and I'm currently in between medical coverages. I thinks it's diverticulitis because of the area of pain, it's much better in the morning when I have nothing in me and I have numerous family members (including my mom) who have this condition. It looks like I'm going to have to go for a COBRA policy for a month and see a doctor. I've been on a liquid diet for the last three days, but it hasn't seemed to help much. Any ADISCers with experience with diverticulitis? I swear there is a little gremlin in my abdomen yanking on my nerves and squeezing my organs. Damn gremlin.

See a doctor as soon as you can. A relative of mine had diverticulosis and lost a section of his intestine. He spent a month in the hospital. I'm not trying to scare you and he is quite a bit older than you but this may be a serious problem.

I would suggest seeing a doc. I had diverticulosis due to a blockage. Before I saw a doc to see how bad it was I took a laxative. Popped a hole in my colon giving me periotinitus. It almost killed me and I woke up from what was supposed to be a small exploratory surgery with a colostomy. Had it for four months. Not fun. It may cost you a bit but it beats two major surgeries and a temp colostomy. The total on that came to almost $400k. Plus they found out I am allergic to fiber.

Diverticulitus is no joke, go see a doctor if you are not able to eat well and if you are having intense pain go to a hospital asap

Update: Yesterday was my first pain free day in over two weeks. I finished a round of antibiotics for diverticulitis last week. I'm taking probiotics and still eating soft low fiber foods. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist in a few weeks. Thanks for the support.

Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back