Anxiety and diapers?

Outdoorlife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone ever worn diapers to help with anxiety?

I hear a lot of talk about little space and know for me that when I wear, I find myself happy and not concerned with other things. But I always have liked diapers.

I am watching a friend struggle with anxiety and so badly want to say this helps me, give it a try. I also know anxiety is very personal. Maybe it’s just me wishing all the world problems could be solved with a padded butt ha ha.

You definitely can help your freind find an avenue to help with anxiety, but I dont know if diapers or littlespace is the way to go with that one. It may be better if you talk and find out what makes the anxiety go away for your friend, and be supportive of it/ participate in it.
If your friends anxiety is severe, I would definitely ask your friend to seek professional help.

Diapers help and cause anxiety for me … anxiety of hiding, being found out, all the horrible things my mom said to me about it, risk of friends finding out, anxiety of not having money to pay for them.

but yes its so comforting and safe with them on. But I don’t think they would help others unless they are already someone who enjoys ABDL and little space

Reactions: LukeTheDeersky, Jimbolo and wetaccident
I'm not medically diagnosed with anxiety but I know when I'm without diapers my anxiety rises. Then when I'm diapered my anxiety is gone. I've never personally diapered up to relieve anxiety. I just know that without diapers I get anxious.

Reactions: IamtheLorax
IamtheLorax said:
You definitely can help your freind find an avenue to help with anxiety, but I dont know if diapers or littlespace is the way to go with that one. It may be better if you talk and find out what makes the anxiety go away for your friend, and be supportive of it/ participate in it.
Right. What works for one may not work for others.
For we in the ABDL community diapers and ageplay/regression desires are something a majority of us have been afflicted since an early age.
Outdoorlife said:
Has anyone ever worn diapers to help with anxiety?

I hear a lot of talk about little space and know for me that when I wear, I find myself happy and not concerned with other things. But I always have liked diapers.

I am watching a friend struggle with anxiety and so badly want to say this helps me, give it a try. I also know anxiety is very personal. Maybe it’s just me wishing all the world problems could be solved with a padded butt ha ha.

I think the chances of someone being introduced to and using one of our tools to relieve their own anxiety would be very slim.

Reactions: wetaccident
I too find a great deal of stress and anxiety relief in wearing diapers, etc. While I only wear occasionally the stress relief and mental relaxation is a big part of it and when I can't do to because of RL commitments, travel, etc. my stress and anxiety levels noticeably increase.

So I definitely understand that part. I also understand your instinct to say "this helps me" and that instinct probably comes from a good place on your part but I would be very hesitant to mention it. For one thing, and this is a general observation about the world in general and not at all a reflection on your concern or compassion for your friend, it can be very frustrating when everyone wants to pop up with "this one weird trick doctors don't want you to know about" style suggestions for your mental health issues.

Secondly, it's not like we're talking about a breathing exercise here. In order to make this suggestion you have to put yourself pretty far out there in revealing some very personal things. That can be very touchy for obvious reasons. It's also a little dicey because even if you're willing to do that and are confident in doing so, it can cause additional stress for your friend as if they choose to reject your suggestion it may feel in part (either to them, to you, or both) that they are rejecting you simply because what you've brought up is so personal and important to you.

Finally, it feels like a pretty long odds shot that they will suddenly discover some latent AB/DL tendency. Sometimes long shots come in but given the above I'd think twice about it.

It's once of those things where once you've put it out there it is out there and cannot be gotten back so you want to be pretty darn sure that is what you want before you take the plunge.

Lastly, of course, if their anxiety is severe enough to be causing them that much distress and you this much concern it probably suggests professional help, or at least a conversation with a professional, is warranted if that hasn't already been done.

Sorry, I don't know why I wandered off into all that. As I'm rereading your post you didn't actually say you were thinking about bringing it up, just that you wanted to, which is of course a bit different. That was just how I read it so I apologize if this response isn't at all what you were looking for.

Reactions: IamtheLorax
Thanks all for the support. I will not be suggesting this as a coping mechanism. However there are some good nuggets on how to help others with anxiety. Much appreciated for the supportive and caring nature

Reactions: wetaccident
Yes, in fact, that is likely the largest reason I am a DL. I am mildly incontinent and using diapers is giving up one of the most simple and childish things that very much aid in relieving anxiety. Giving up control of something people take for granted feels good for whatever reason granted that is likely amplified by the fact that I had to use timers so as to not wet, like I say I am mildly incontinent and I can get by without diapers but it takes some annoying workarounds and I do still wet the bed so I will still have diapers on hand so why not just wet.

Back