Anxiety and Bedwetting in adults

DandyAndy

There's probably a wet spot on my pants.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I feel like my nighttime wetting tends to go in ebb and flow that line up with stress and anxiety. Searching online it doesn't seem that there is a link besides sleeping patterns potentially changing due to anxiety. I feel like my sleep is still about the same as before. Does anyone else notice a link between the two?

thegoodnite said:
Thank you. I have heard about a link with children and mental health issues. Just have not seeing anything on bafukts and secondary enuresis.

DandyAndy said:
I feel like my nighttime wetting tends to go in ebb and flow that line up with stress and anxiety.
Does anyone else notice a link between the two?
Yes. I feel like my mental state plays a part in my wetting.
I have gone from wetting nightly to stretches of being dry and the only change during those times was my mental health state.
So I feel there is definitely a connection btw the two

Reactions: DandyAndy
Actually I read that secondary enuresis is more related to stress and anxiety, one of the reason that I remember it is that mess up with our body and even though your sleep pattern doesn’t seem to change your body does and may produce more urine during nighttime because of hormone disregulation, I don’t bed wet because of my anxiety, but I vomit get fevers so there are different ways that our body can mess up because of anxiety, another thing that may happen is high blood pressure( I do have that sometimes) and there are studies that link bed wetting to high blood pressure because the body is trying to reduce liquid in the body and the way is making more urine, I hope that helps

Reactions: DandyAndy and Sidewinder
Back