Anti-Palin t-shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Other
OK, I admit that I am for McCain-Palin.

What I would like is the opinion of those supporting Obama.

(Note the t-shirts in the picture here contain very offensive language.)
Obama Supporters Call Sarah Palin a C*nt-Where Is the Media? : Stop The ACLU

Now if some McCain supports were to wear a similar shirt, what do you think would have happened to them?

I find this to be the most offensive thing I have seen, although if this could be verified, it would definitely top it.

There was group as well carrying around a fake dead fetus - exclaiming that “abortion should have been the path for Bristol(?) Palin”.

I am Pro-Choice, but it is the woman's choice, not my choice to make for the woman.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Although it is vulgar, and something I would never wear, I believe it is freedom of speech. For example, it may be frowned upon, but not outlawed. The KKK is still allowed to exist in America, however evil they may be. These shirts, like the KKK, are inappropriate (although the KKK is much, much worse than a silly shirt) but are allowed because they do not actually hurt anyone.

What I don't get is how "cunt" is worse than "N***er". EDIT: Oh, I checked the source. Not exactly a balanced point of view.

K

KittyKat

Well, I am voting for McCain-Palin so I find that t-shirt to be very offensive. Even if I were voting for Obama I would still find that shirt very offensive. It is just plain rude.

The dead fetus thing just blows me away. I'm pro-life by the way.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I want one that says "Lets just have a nice, clean election".
---

Simpsons quote aside, I actually stand by that. Enough rubbish, what happened to real politics? I don't want people to say that she's a ****, I want people to explain why she's a **** (metaphorically).

I agree that if people wore shirts saying "Obama is [isn't racist remark here]" then that would be taken less lightly than a "Palin is a ****" shirt... It's just how it goes.

In society's view:
Racism > Sexism > Homophobia > racism against races that we don't care about.
(Take ">" as "is worse than")

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't find the shirts offensive, although I wouldn't wear one...I prefer to call her a moron...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd put it on par with a shirt that says "Obama is a N****r". It's sexist and completely inappropriate. It's a freedom of speech issue, and I agree they should (and do) have the right to do it. But yeah, if it were a racist anti-Obama t-shirt it'd be "hate speech."

The fetus thing is disgusting. The day you start doing that is the day I stop respecting you as a human.

Role
Other
What I don't get is how "cunt" is worse than "N***er". EDIT: Oh, I checked the source. Not exactly a balanced point of view.
If I could have found it on a more neutral site, I would have. Oddly, other media outlets aren't covering it.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If I could have found it on a more neutral site, I would have. Oddly, other media outlets aren't covering it.
I saw a segment of the shirts this morning on Fox News Channel, though they blanked out the Cword, glad I now know what the word was.

This is just awful, and yes, it is on par with someone wearing an "Obama is a N-word" Funny, you don't see McCain supporters wearing insulting shirts. If they don't like Sarah Palin, they should criticize her on the issues, not with childish name calling. And the "Bristol should have had an abortion" That's just wrong. I thought the democrats were pro-choice, not pro-death to babies. She did the right thing by keeping the kid, at least that's my take on it.

F

FullMetal

It is called mudslinging, but instead of the parties doing it, the people are. So, it is a modernization of mudslinging which was seen many years ago.

I do not see such alarm in it.

FullMetal

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Sara Palin...
*Shudders*
Really, is just a drone to get the Hillary vagina voters on board with Mccain.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
That's a pretty stupid shirt. Obama supporters have always been a bit cooky though.

D

daria7483

Funny, you don't see McCain supporters wearing insulting shirts.
I haven't seen any wearing insulting shirts, but they boo McCain at crowds when he calls Obama a "decent guy" (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/11/us/politics/11campaign.html?_r=1&ei=5070&emc=eta1&oref=slogin), and I've heard people seriously suggest that Obama is a terrorist, which IMO is much more insulting than being called a c*nt. The c-word is a word that really means very little, it exists to be insulting, and when you say "god, she's such a c*nt" nobody is going to respond "really? Wow, I'm not voting for her then." Calling someone a terrorist, on the other hand, is a pretty serious charge.

Look, when someone casts themselves into the public spotlight, as Sarah Palin did by becoming governor and then by accepting the nomination as McCain's running mate, they are opening themselves up to personal attacks. There is a small minority of people who think it is acceptable to hurl nasty words at a person because they disagree with you about politics or cheer for a different sports team or you honk when they cut you off while driving. It's stupid because it just makes their side look nasty and immature, but that's how it goes. At least these people are just wearing t-shirts and not doing anything worse to her or her family.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
While I agree with the overall sentiment, it's rather crude, and counter-effective. Still, their right as an american to wear it.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Crude, but free to be worn. I on the other hand would wear this

on my shirt. Much less crude, but just as effective at showing my support.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I personally think a lot of this negative criticism has gotten out of hand. A lot of republicans honestly believe that Obama is a Muslim, a terrorist, and is anti-american... talk about fear-mongering. I think McCain and Palin have taken this way too far... and I'm beginning things may begin to get violent on Nov. 4th... especially if the race is close.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Eh... I don't like that one as much as the "McSame/Failin" shirts... McPain doesn't make nearly as good a point as McSame.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I personally think a lot of this negative criticism has gotten out of hand. A lot of republicans honestly believe that Obama is a Muslim, a terrorist, and is anti-american... talk about fear-mongering. I think McCain and Palin have taken this way too far... and I'm beginning things may begin to get violent on Nov. 4th... especially if the race is close.
I'm not exactly sure what it is they've taken way too far. They've not alluded to him being a terrorist or being a Muslim or anything of that sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.