AnthroCon :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I am not going now... the rug got pulled out on me..... sorry all Y.Y.
I cried about it..... for a long time.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I wonder why everyone complains about the "south". Also everyone says the persons up north are more conservative, which means the south people have to be more liberal = accepting. Now I'm confused.
I would say it's the complete opposite. SOutherners tend to be more religious (must be something in the sun that makes you run for God), and religion isn't exactly synonymous for open-mindedness.
Unless you're talking liberal in a political sense, as in not wanting the government to interfere with your life (no taxes, no restrictions on guns and what not). That hits right home with Southerners.

Peachy

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I would say it's the complete opposite. SOutherners tend to be more religious (must be something in the sun that makes you run for God), and religion isn't exactly synonymous for open-mindedness.
Unless you're talking liberal in a political sense, as in not wanting the government to interfere with your life (no taxes, no restrictions on guns and what not). That hits right home with Southerners.

Peachy
LoL now I get it! Politics always mix with everything in my head!

I really dont want to talk about that :dodgy:
Well, hope your problems pass soon, pal.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
lol im posting from my sisters comp....

Well the only people that are open minded about being gay, and whatnot in the whole state that I know of are some of my friends... I know literally no one besides that. Most people down South are not open minded AT ALL. Thats why more blacks were treated bad down south than up north... I won't be surprised that once they have gay marriage legalized there will be signs above waterfountains down south that say Straight and Gay...

My family is very open minded, I think the only reason why my mom doesn't want me to be gay is because shes afraid someone might hurt me or something -.- Shes way to over protective....

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
lol im posting from my sisters comp....

Well the only people that are open minded about being gay, and whatnot in the whole state that I know of are some of my friends... I know literally no one besides that. Most people down South are not open minded AT ALL. Thats why more blacks were treated bad down south than up north... I won't be surprised that once they have gay marriage legalized there will be signs above waterfountains down south that say Straight and Gay...

My family is very open minded, I think the only reason why my mom doesn't want me to be gay is because shes afraid someone might hurt me or something -.- Shes way to over protective....
I have to vouch for this, I know 4 people who think homo-sexuality is not a choice/evil, hell my parents threatened me that if they ever found out I was gay they would kick me out of the house

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I prefer FurCon. Anyway my family is like 99.999% homophobes. I don't care about anyone being gay or something, as long as he respects me, and so far every person I've been with seems very respectful. Well, to tell the truth I don't dare to tell my family about it until I get out of school and start being independent. I feel they have enough with the diaper stuff, and adding furry to it would cause some arguing and kicking out of the house.

O.K. this post was originally intended to ask what Con is the best.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I'm not going, because I'm not a fur and don't live anywhere close (there's an ocean in between).

HOwever, I've been invited to go to some other furry con later this year, and if time and finances permit, I may actually go. I've been told it's a smaller con - probably better for an 'outsider' and newbie.

Peachy
You're talking about Eurofurence? I so want to go to that. But not until I'm a little older. ;-)

Back on to the topic, no I won't be going to Anthrocon. Mainly for the same reasons I won't be going to EF, and the fact that I wouldn't know anybody there and that it's waaay too big for my liking. At EF I know at least two furs, both are -very- close friends.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
wow i didn't know that they had a fur con in Florida... Jacksonville is about meh 6 hours from my house maybe a biy less... I might be able to go sometime XD, I live in central Florida thought, and Jacksonville is in more of North Florida... O well at least it gives me some hope that Florida isn't the pile of crap I thought i was

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Well, they just mentioned it on the news last night. Fortunately, the news lady didn't say anything too exceptionally stupid. She seemed to be trying pretty hard to not laugh though. :rolleyes:

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Just got back from AC for a day. It was a grand time... and the few hours I spent there certainly wasn't enough. I eagerly await next year (I'll be more prepared by then).

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I really think the piblic should be mroe educated on the truth about furrys... they made em sound so weird in that article.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
I really think the piblic should be mroe educated on the truth about furrys... they made em sound so weird in that article.
Not really... not in my opinion anyway. I thought it was okay. The article was unbiased and to-the-point. Beats the hell out of what I've seen reported about furries before.

Status
Not open for further replies.