Another thing that's awesome, blankies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Not sure about this but I thought I would post on blankies. To me they are as awesome as teddy bears, although I prefer my stuffed killer whales over a teddy bear. I've got two I sleep with, and one that acts as a mid-comforter under my comforter on my bed.

My first blankie is the one I've had since I was a baby, the second one is a quilt my aunt made for me as a comforter on my bed when I was growing up. I recently got the quilt back when my folks moved out of state. Anyone else think blankies are as awesome as teddy bears and stuffed animals.

I was thinking about this when I saw the teddy bear post. Sorry if I am stealing anyone's thunder. lol.

WildThing121675

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Yea, blankies are the most awesome thing ^^. I used to have a couple blankies from when I was little, but then my mom threw them away :( . Now I just make my own blankies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
They rock, i've got two NUK 3's.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I got my birth one back last week, its been round my sister, my cousin and his daughter and found its way back to my mum, I pinched it for "my feet" the other night in the livingroom as they were cold and its been sitting on my bed since ^_^

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
I love blankies :D
I have a few ones; one that I've had since I was a baby that my grandma made, and one that I got for a Build-A-Bear baby I made, but I kept the blanket to myself xD;

AbsoluteBedlam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Other
Hrm... I've never had a blankie as far as I can remember. I do, however, enjoy the company of a good plushie.

P.S. I think I prefer plushies because they have more personality and life to them, albeit imaginary.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
i dont have a blanket as such but i have 3 things that i hold dear that are like blankets to me ,
1. my baby duvet, since i was born in the middle if a scotish winter a meare blanket would have been a tad lightweight so i have a douvet instead, its square blue and white striped and has a train on it it holds many memorys of my baby and toddelerhoods.
2. my sleeping bag, ive had this since i was about 7. i cant remember why i got it, who got me it or where it came from, but its been on my bed ever since, its a nice weight not to light not to hot - just right nice and cozy. ive hade other bags that have came and gone but this one still remains my fave
3. my hooded zipper, a nike item i got fae tkmaxx - so ill probibly never find another one like it - its like wearing a blanket soft and fluffy and cozy like being in my bag, i wear it so much its like my own little uniform, ive taken tt round the world with me - and its only ever been washed once - like a real blanket, well almost

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Yeah, I love blankies too, though I have a hard time comparing them with plushies, because they kind of have different effects and purposes in my opinion. I guess they're roughly equal for me. In any case, the dominant baby thing in my life after my toddler years was my baby blanket named Boo-Boo, which I had until I was about 12. By this point, it was basically a rag, so I felt the need to retire it. I miss it though. I kind of have a replacement blanket, but it just doesn't quite compare.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Speaking of your killer whales are you able to fill up your bathtub with them yet? :p

I have plenty of them, lol! I will have to try to take a pic of them when I have a free chance. lol.

My blankies are special to me. One I use as a mild comforter under my comforter is an old MLB one, with the old logos of Major League Baseball. I got it in '87.

WildThing121675

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
They rock, i've got two NUK 3's.

He said blankets, not binkies :p

ADISC - The Blanket Club That's the club if you wish to share pictures. I love blankets just for the fact they make me feel slightly more normal. I mean I don't have to be an infantilist to like plushies and blankets, while they are slightly babyish to both me and as an appearance. They have a practical side to keep people warm, they can be used to decorate bedrooms and it's an identity thing (have you ever seen the same one twice?)

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
They score high in my books as well, Had one that I got from my grandmother when I was 2 1/2, and kept till I was 6(It was lost in a house fire)...Was devasted when I heard it was gone(More than hearing my house burned down tbh)

Got one that christmas as a gift(A green fleece blanket) Still have it, sleep w/ it everynight...Since then though, started a collection of sorts...only 3 of em have made it for more than 2 years though

Status
Not open for further replies.