Another plea to make an ABDL pull-up

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I feel like the training pants market has been changing in recent years and it scares me that we will never get a proper adult sized toddler pull-up.

As far as I know, every version of adult pull-ups has been the granny-panty style with a single 360° mesh side panel and a small absorbent/waterproof middle panel. Even Depend Real-fit/Silhouette which uses a similar material as toddler pull ups and Goodnites, still fundamentally uses the same overall construction/design. They are not very toddler looking or feeling even if you added fun colors or prints which has been done a couple of times. When it comes to pull-ups, it is not the print that makes them feel childish, it is the design.
1671215787602.png1671216577659.png

Historically most toddler pull-ups and bedwetting-pants have used a different design than that of adult products. They used a full-length waterproof panel which features absorbent material all or most of the way from the waistband in front to the waistband in the back. Two separate stretchy side panels then attached to the sides of the waterproof panel. This resulted in the front and back of the pull-up being very distinct from the sides. This design has never been available in adult sizes as far as I know, and I wish that were not the case. Vintage Goodnites XL from the 90s are the closest that has ever existed and they sell for hundreds of dollars on ebay.
1671216349752.png

P&G has switched to using the granny-panty style for all of their pull-up products :mad:. Huggies Pull-ups in the UK has also switched to the granny-panty style. Huggies Australia seems to have completely discontinued Pull-ups and only offers Huggies Nappy Pants which use the granny-panty construction. Most if not all store and medical brand nappy-pants from Europe and Australia feature the granny-panty design. Nearly all Asian brands of pull-ups and bedwetting pants have been granny-panty style even going back to the 80s and 90s. The only exceptions I know of are western imported Goodnites or Huggies Pull-ups.

Goodnites, Drynites, US/Canada Huggies Pull-Ups, and some medical/store brand bedwetting-pants continue to use the 3-panel design, but more and more brands seem to be going to the 360° design. With Ninjamas going granny-panty style, I fear other bedwetting pants like Drynites and maybe even Goodnites will be next. This is super sad for those of us that love the older toddler-style pull-ups.

In addition to the 3-panel design becoming less common for children's products, it is very disappointing that we never got an adult version of them. I wish that we could get even just 1 adult product that would come with the 2-distinct side panels design. Preferably an ABDL company that would make them colorful just like any version of Huggies pull ups post 2000 or Goodnites/Drynites post 2004, but even plain white would be just fine in my book.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998

Jamas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Reactions: OmiOMy, IamtheLorax, Belarin and 1 other person

SuzakuAkatori

Pampered Sith Lord
Moderated
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Jamas said:
Whenever I have looked into why there no ABDL pull ups it ultimately comes down to patents. There a huge thread someone on reddit wrote about it a while back
The patents for vintage goodnites should have long expired as design and plant patents only last 17 years while utility patents last 20 years. So that isnt much of an excuse. It would be nice to at least have an adult pull up where the padding goes all the way up like on pampers easy ups and ninjamas. With taller leakguards and higher capacity it should be possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Right now, Northshore is producing pull-ups with much better pad rise. I tend to keep a quantity of their GoSupremes on hand, but much of the above analysis is right. Wings and full-coverage plastic is underrated.

I want to highlight that the ABDL market is so focused on capacity and long-wearing that the market segment for what we used to call costume or play diapers is almost non existent. We once thought there was a market for lower capacity diapers that weren’t used for their official purpose, that design elements would be enough for satiate that part of the market that only regresses but doesn’t wet or mess. But our purchasing patterns are focused on getting the most authentic and freedom-enabling diapers, and that means letting it all flow.

We aren’t going to get that in adult ABDL pull-ups, even if we get the nostalgia style right. And I imagine the present companies are unwilling to gamble on more play diapers that will get trashed in reviews for leaking.

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The adult market tries to differentiate themselves from the children's infant and toddler's market due to the stigma of incontinence

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
blaincorrous said:
Right now, Northshore is producing pull-ups with much better pad rise. I tend to keep a quantity of their GoSupremes on hand, but much of the above analysis is right. Wings and full-coverage plastic is underrated.
Northshore GoSupremes, they have a terrible design flaw and leak on the second wetting. Just a heads up. Super short leak guards and thick padding they swells above he leak guards after the first wetting. Pee runs right out after that. Maybe 250-350ml capacity before pee runs past the leg gathers and down your legs. You may as well use Tena pull-ups. Better to get 500ml of reliable capacity than 1123ml that leaks after 250.

@NorthShoreAdam knows about this design flaw but they don’t want to invest into retooling their machines to fix it. I’m happy to put them on blast until they do.

I love the feeling of GoSupremes and they feel so toddler-like but they just leak pee down my leg on the second go. What a damn shame.

Last edited:

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The problem with adult pull-ups is that they often come in ugly colors and are gender-specific, meaning that the padding are unevenly distributed. That's why I do consider adult tape diapers (especially with prints and colors) more toddlerish than adult pull-ups.

KaleidoscopeKitty

Est. Contributor
My understanding is that the factory machines which make toddler/ bedwetting pull-ups can’t easily/ cheaply be altered to make adult-sized pull ups and that the only pre-existing machines for making adult pull-ups are for the 360 degree style type. The demand for ABDL pull-ups isn’t big enough to make it financially profitable for an ABDL company to design and build a new machine for a goodnite-style type of pull-up or to design a pull-up which is very different from the medical brands. A lot of adult diaper brands made in China will all use the same machines and so there are limits to how much can be modified. The main focus of 99.9% of companies will always be profit and so most companies aren’t going to produce a new product unless it is going to make them money and so for it to be worth a company changing the design of their adult pull-ups there would have to be a very high demand for it and the ABDL market is unlikely to be big enough for that unless pull-ups became a lot more popular.

DLinEx

Padded in Devon
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Felicity pants from in control are good (go a size down from usual)

There are sone cool ones from Asia too

diaperdude

Diapers are my new underwear
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use liv dry men’s supreme pull ups at night. They are black and can hold up to 90 oz but oven never measured it. I can make it through the night…if I haven’t drank an ocean before bed. But about 2 good voids. I do wear plastic pants for safety. Helps me sleep soundly and protected.

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I use and like Abri-Form M3 and they are pretty good. But only come in plain white.

Reactions: diaperdude

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Tranquility overnights are also pretty good. Again, only come in plain white.

Reactions: diaperdude

SoakedinTexas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The market is not there for a pull-up for adults. The majority want taped on diapers. So, therefore the companies are going to produce what will sell well. And, the pull-up is not going to sell well enough in the ABDL market to mass produce.