• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

ANOTHER Plane Crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Just a month after a plane landed in the Hudson, and 2 months after a plane crashes in Denver, ANOTHER plane crashes in Buffalo. In the 2 previous incidents, everyone on board survived. In this one, 44 passengers, 4 crew, and 1 person on the ground all died. There were a total of 48 people onboard.

And, this is happening on Friday the 13th.

Just a coincidence? Sounds fishy.

Role
Other
Just a month after a plane landed in the Hudson, and 2 months after a plane crashes in Denver, ANOTHER plane crashes in Buffalo. In the 2 previous incidents, everyone on board survived. In this one, 44 passengers, 4 crew, and 1 person on the ground all died. There were a total of 48 people onboard.

And, this is happening on Friday the 13th.

Just a coincidence? Sounds fishy.
Actually the crash occurred last night around 10:30 PM local time.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
They may be spending less money on maintenance because of the tight economy. Sometimes, things happen in threes.

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Update: The Death Toll just went up to 50. at 0534 (am) Mtn. Time

-Speechless

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know :( this is really terrible. I actually have not heard of 3 plane crashes (on accident) in 3 months... do you think maybe its a conspiracy? That would be awful, well it's already awful.

Jacks

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I know :( this is really terrible. I actually have not heard of 3 plane crashes (on accident) in 3 months... do you think maybe its a conspiracy? That would be awful, well it's already awful.
I'm smelling something actually. And it's not just your diaper.:eek:

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It's a sad event, but flying is statistically very safe, and passenger airplanes have to follow very high safety regulations.
Unfortunatly, when a lot of people die in one incident, it gets a lot more press.
Many times more people died in a variety of incidents in the same time period, yet there will be no press coverage.
If the media didn't go for the big impact ratings story so much, maybe we could get a more realistic view of the state of the world, and impliment some positive changes.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yes yes, a conspiracy. And who's behind it? Canada! ... launching their filthy geese into our airplanes and stuff. It's abhorrent.

But anyway, it's just a sad coincidence. It's still the first time someone has been killed on a commercial airliner here in about 2 1/2 years. It's still way safer than any other way of traveling.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
A couple other planes were reporting ice buildup on their wings around the same time and location. Sounds like freezing rain and/or fog may have been partly to blame, though that wouldn't explain the "sputtering" engine sound people on the ground heard just before the crash. May have been two issues going on at the same time that brought the plane down. I certainly feel for the families and friends of all the people who lost their lives so tragically. I woman passenger lost her husband on 9/11. :sad:

~Pramrider

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
It's sad when this happens but I doubt this is a conspiracy. 3 in 3 months is not bad accident ratio as compared to other means of transit. Just always sucks to hear about stories like this.

Role
Private
No conspiracy, I think, but a confluence of factors:

1. It has been (here, at least) a COLD and difficult winter this year.
2. As mentioned before, bad economy = less people flying = less money for maintenance.
3. Pilots are likely being worked harder (to the extent that is allowed under their union agreements) and are more tired.
4. Canada wants their landmass back.

Wait, strike #4. ;)

It's sad, and especially scary that the latest accident took place on a commuter plane (I *hate* those things!), but airplane flight is still statistically the safest way to go (as brought up in-thread). Indeed, just this afternoon, I opened my curtain to a guy who had just gone into the ditch outside my home. He wasn't hurt, but it could have gone badly for everyone were anyone driving less attentively.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
The news reports said that the aircraft was flying in light snow and was descending and making it's approach into Buffalo. When the pilot activated flaps the wings and windshield began to ice. After that, the aircraft went down and crashed. The flight recorder was recovered. There was hardly an voice communication between pilot and ATC tower in Buffalo that the aircraft was in any trouble.

I feel sorry for all the passengers and crew on board as well as their families.

Maybe flying on Friday the thirteenth is a bad omen.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yes this was a very bad and sad thing to happen. It has been 2 1/2 years since the last fatal plane crash here in the U.S. As of now Friday 13 Feb in the evening it looks like Ice is the culprit. On a further note of sadness an 9-11 widow was among the passengers lost in the crash. My sympathies and prayers go out to all there loved ones and families.:sad:

D

daria7483

Why do people love to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon? Three plane crashes in three months = CONSPIRACY. Of course, you never hear about the thousands of planes that take off and land safely every day.

The simple truth is that obesity (and the health problems generated by it), cancer and car accidents kill way more people every day than plane crashes, MRSA, murder, tainted peanut butter, etc. It's just those things don't make for catchy stories. So people go on eating fast food and soda and running red lights and turning their noses up at public transportation (statistically much safer), and they say they're not going to fly because it's just way too dangerous.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
, Other, Private
I hadn't realized that it had been nearly 2 1/2 years since the last fatal air accident (in the United States). Air safety has been getting better, but sometimes bad weather can still cause things to go bad.

I haven't flown in a while, but that's because I haven't needed to travel far enough to warrant flying instead of driving; I feel pretty safe on board an airplane. I do concede that larger airplanes do feel safer to fly on in weather than smaller ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.