Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Hell, it stinks. Nothink more, that some strange and dangerous movement.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I wouldn't say it gives ABDL a bad name (well the guy anyways) he wasn't doing anything illegal, though the unused condoms makes it likely seem like "hmm...this sounds like a trap" or something to "normal" readers, but can't fault him for having them.

The writer (Lisa Rogers) certainly seemed to be trying to throw some bias into her article however. The "well SOME research shows ABDLs don't want to have sex with kids, but we can't be sure!!" Hmmm, so would you write this in another story as well: "SOME research as shown men don't want to have sex with kids, but we can't be sure!!" or "Well SOME research shows Muslims don't want to blow up building, but we can't be sure!!" I could go further with this point, but you get the idea. It just strikes me as saying, "It seems most people aren't pedos, but I need to sensationalize something."

The uncontrollable part is also incorrect, It is quite controllable, and should be fairly obvious unless she did her research at onehandtypingbsforum.com (not real, duh, but just generalizing what some "Shady" sites are like). Somehow I doubt we could find that idea from a CREDIBLE source in any google search. If proven wrong, I'll apologize. Further disagree on the point that some act "indistinguishably" from a baby, It may just be me, but can't think of any realistic example that happens. In fairness Rogers did at least add "at times" instead of the more shock value "all the time." And did add that some you would not being to tell, more then I would of expected.

I can kind of understand why the police would feel they need to watch him closer. When you have a sex-offender with a lot of childish stuff around, you cannot blame the police for getting a little jumpy about it. I'm not saying that the guy will actually do anything, or this is some sort of scheme/cover/w.e, but the fact that its understandable for the police feel uneasy. Take ABDL out of it, if you found out a sex offender in your area had a bunch of disney movies, kids toys, etc. in his house, wouldn't you question it at least a little? I think I would, maybe want to watch him a little closer to see if it is just something innocent or more sinister. Is it prejudice? In my opinion YES (as someone would care less say if it was me with the stuff, as I am not a registered sex offender), but it is semi-justified.

In the end though, this is still a non-story. It seems the fact of him having a lot of AB stuff turned a non-story into the piece we have now. I'm a cynic but I get the feeling they originally wanted to publish this when they found out to make into a "OMG! your family is in danger from dem ABDLs!!!" piece. Give credit that they at least kept some integrity and did a bit of research into it. There could (and likely will be) worse reports written then this.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Not because they might re-offend, oh no, because they might DRESS UP IN FOOTIE PAJAMAS and wear diapers alone in their home.

Bull. Shit. The media just loves to connect ABDL and pedophiles.

Also, check this shitty quote out:

This is a horribly wishy-washy remark. Is there any research to indicate that people who are ABDL DO have a preference for children? I doubt it. In fact, they're saying the opposite here, believe me if there was 'evidence' that we WERE pedophiles they'd have printed that in an instant. But they still need to throw in their fearmongering remarks about there being 'no way to know for sure'! This is terrible journalism.
this. He should be fired and not allowed to work in law enforcement because he doesn't have the basic level of intelligence to perform his function.

Not that that's uncommon sadly.

winnerchickendinner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Wow that kinda makes me mad. Well I just hope we can still blend in with the public after this. It would suck if cops and therapists started studying up on it. We'd be seen as freaks.

Blend in with the public? While we're dressed in a manner revealing our fetish?
No.
And news, man, while not in the same sense as this guys other unusual pleasure, we pretty much are freaks. How could you expect the mainstream media to view us as "un-freaky"?
Granted, we aren't freaks in the criminal sense, and thankfully not in the sense that we'd be targeted as, say, hate crime targets, but we will always be seen as really really really weird.

KaworuVsDrWily

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
And news, man, while not in the same sense as this guys other unusual pleasure, we pretty much are freaks. How could you expect the mainstream media to view us as "un-freaky"?
Granted, we aren't freaks in the criminal sense, and thankfully not in the sense that we'd be targeted as, say, hate crime targets, but we will always be seen as really really really weird.

Maybe, but most people have parts of themselves that the general public will find to be really, really weird. Almost everybody has something that they would rather keep hidden due to stigmas it carries. When I take that into consideration, I feel a lot less freaky about being a AB, and more in line with the human race in general.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
this. He should be fired and not allowed to work in law enforcement because he doesn't have the basic level of intelligence to perform his function.

Not that that's uncommon sadly.

Not because they might re-offend, oh no, because they might DRESS UP IN FOOTIE PAJAMAS and wear diapers alone in their home.

I highly doubt they gave two craps about the footie PJs, maybe a small amount about the diapers. They do keep up on sex offenders already, in case they do re-offend. But are you really say you see no reason at all why cops MIGHT be a bit concerned about a sex offender having a bunch of children's toys and movies in their place of residence? It doesn't raise one possible red flag?

To say the chief should be fired and blacklisted from law enforcement is getting into the ridiculous range. Lets fire law enforcement for being suspicious about something that most would be suspicious about. You might have a case if they arrested him for it, but they didn't and instead are just be careful, talk about some abuse!

KaworuVsDrWily

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I highly doubt they gave two craps about the footie PJs, maybe a small amount about the diapers. They do keep up on sex offenders already, in case they do re-offend. But are you really say you see no reason at all why cops MIGHT be a bit concerned about a sex offender having a bunch of children's toys and movies in their place of residence? It doesn't raise one possible red flag?

To say the chief should be fired and blacklisted from law enforcement is getting into the ridiculous range. Lets fire law enforcement for being suspicious about something that most would be suspicious about. You might have a case if they arrested him for it, but they didn't and instead are just be careful, talk about some abuse!

I agree, the chief was just doing his job. The reporter, on the other hand, went into hyperbole mode, but it would be foolish to expect the news media to do anything other than that these days.

U

user13640

Blend in with the public? While we're dressed in a manner revealing our fetish?
No.
Wow you completely didint understand what I said there now did you? But thats ok hope you felt smart by saying that. First off I was in a hurry so here is what was meant to be said. Blend in with the public. As in its not seen as a pedophile thing and we dont have to go door to door saying Hi I'm a registered adult/teen baby. Secound off its not pleasure for some. Cause in my case I do it to relax after a long week of school or hard day period and I'm sure some people here do the same. Next I never said it would be un-freaky but I mean as long as it isint turned into an insult. For example. Dont be such a teen baby... See what I mean? Anyway I'm glad I could clear that up for you buddy.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I agree, the chief was just doing his job. The reporter, on the other hand, went into hyperbole mode, but it would be foolish to expect the news media to do anything other than that these days.

I don't think the reporter was terrible, off on a couple things. The one real issue I had with Rogers (reporter) is the whole "we can't be sure" thing. As I said, it such a stupid statement to begin with, and comes off as trying to say ABDLs are pedo without actually saying it. I could say "Men might not be pedos, but we cant be sure!" it sort of screams to 100% of drug users drink milk type thing. You could say any group of people could be pedos, and find evidence to support it. Just like you can take almost anything, and find evidence that anything is used by drug users (i.e. the milk thing) and say that makes it a "gateway drug."

I have the feeling the author intended to make it sound the way they did (then again I think they wanted to try and make it more sensationalized that the AB in your neighborhood wants to molest kids, but kept some integrity and stayed somewhat fact based), otherwise the AB part would have nothing to do to the story and make no sense. So lets add something to make it matter, but in a way that we aren't reallyyy lying (because you can't be sure that an ABDL isn't a pedo, just like you can't with your neighbor, or a priest, or the guy in a van spying on kids, or milk drinkers, or people who work at Burger Kind, or..well you get the point).

But the correct "you can't be sure that anyone you run into in the world is not a pedo" doesn't sell as well.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
I wouldn't say he is giving us a bad name. Yes he is a sex offender but there are sex offenders in all walks of life just as there are AB/DLs. It's not like he is a sex offender because he is an AB/DL but more that he is a sex offender and an AB/DL, two completely different things. Frankly this is a completely pointless article, basically they found an AB/DL no more than that, OK this is unusual but not illegal or anything

LeonSoryu117

Moderated
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Sissy
Well, he didn't molest anyone by putting them in padding and making them call him daddy or something stupid like that. Whilst he was stupid and answered the door like that, he said himself that he's into it on the non sexual level.

A lot of AB/DL people are getting attention lately... I wanna see some damn TB/DLs get some media on them >:c Preferably good media. Like, an interview about the fetish and what not. Well, that's if we HAVE to get more attention. Otherwise, I'd prefer to stay in the shadows about this.

TLDR; the guy did nothing wrong, the reporter said one line that was a little bit out there, but overall I don't bloody care.

CharliePup

Mommy's puppy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other

Not saying that wouldn't raise red flags, or even that it shouldn't. It was because he said 'this is a perfect example of why we need to keep such a close eye on convicted sex offenders'. He didn't say 'we had concerns about this individual because of his behaviour' or anything, he was saying that the activities they'd discovered him taking part in were a perfect example of why people need to keep a close eye on sex offenders. Like the activities themselves are morally wrong.

kwisy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Reading too deeply into a half-assed news article and trying to extract meaning from is grammar is just silly...

Some guy thought that it sounded good and didn't think twice about what he was implying by saying it before he finished the article. End of story...

@ Mikey

I think that confidentiality laws regarding US minors would protect them from being in the news so that seems rather unlikely.

Shukkume

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
"Dear citizens: If you see a man in footie PJ's who has a Spongebob pillow, he is a paedophile." Is basically all I got out of the article. The man wasn't even HURTING anybody while he was caught, which is even worse. If he'd been reported on and caught while actually molesting a kid, I'd feel no flipping mercy for the guy, but he was just minding his own business.

Some research indicates those with the fetish do not have a sexual preference for children, but there is no way to know for sure.

... Huh? There's no way to be sure if anybody is sexually attracted towards kids. There's no big 'I am a paedophile' sign on their chest or anything. You need to get in somebody's psychology way behind their... erm... 'normal' fetishes for that.

And if anybody in the ABDL community should be accused of liking little kids, shouldn't it be the caretakers? That I can see as being confusing to somebody with the capacity to not be a complete idiot. But a person roleplaying as a little kid molesting a little kid? Fun fact: sexual feelings are developed around puberty, so it would make NO SENSE for somebody who regresses to the age of a baby/toddler to have sexy feelings. I mean, yeah, there are people who are turned on by being a baby, but the argument is still there. Babies (physical or mental) don't molest other kids. I know, I see the logic flaws in such an argument, but it makes more sense to the average everyday idiot.

Not that us caretakers are child molesters or anything. (Still, that would make MUCH MORE SENSE to your everyday moron.) I mean... bitches don't know 'bout my nutbladder's reaction towards Crispin Freeman.

My best friend even sees the giant logic hole behind that and she's totally vanilla. But we're smarter than most people and don't let the media feed us info, so yeah.

Wow that kinda makes me mad. Well I just hope we can still blend in with the public after this. It would suck if cops and therapists started studying up on it. We'd be seen as freaks.

I find it horrible that most cops, therapists, reporters, and other people who are supposed to have factual, objective, non-opinionated jobs are usually closed-minded and 'normal' in that sense. Oh hell to the naw.

Not saying that wouldn't raise red flags, or even that it shouldn't. It was because he said 'this is a perfect example of why we need to keep such a close eye on convicted sex offenders'. He didn't say 'we had concerns about this individual because of his behaviour' or anything, he was saying that the activities they'd discovered him taking part in were a perfect example of why people need to keep a close eye on sex offenders. Like the activities themselves are morally wrong.

"This is why we need to keep such a close eye on convicted sex offenders."? Really? Really? Because your neighbourhood pedo could be wearing duckie footies. Which, apparently, is morally wrong.

I can think of a thousand worse things that a sex offender could be caught doing. Hell, a sex offender stuffing a turkey could be taken out of context. He might go around fisting your turkeys.

E

Elias

The "uncontrollable" part actually flusters me a little bit. I think anybody who has seen my posts knows that I believe it is FULLY within our control. None of the article got to me except for that part. We are reasonable, rational, and controlled people like everybody else. Sigh..

I even believe that a sex offender was completely in control of whatever offense they committed. Are there honestly any conscience actions that AREN'T within our control?

KaworuVsDrWily

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The "uncontrollable" part actually flusters me a little bit. I think anybody who has seen my posts knows that I believe it is FULLY within our control. None of the article got to me except for that part. We are reasonable, rational, and controlled people like everybody else. Sigh..

I even believe that a sex offender was completely in control of whatever offense they committed. Are there honestly any conscience actions that AREN'T within our control?

Yeah, I agree. Most sex offenders know exactly what they are doing when they are committing sex offenses, although many of them do make quite an effort to fool themselves into thinking they really can't help it. There are some cases that involve serious mental illness, but those are the vast minority when it comes to any type of act that harms another person.

I suggest we retort by stating that journalists have uncontrollable urges to be highly dishonest, unethical, untrustworthy and misleading. Let's see how far that flies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I was surprised the guy allowed the picture to be plastered all over the news like that. I saw this on Daily Diapers last week and I just shook my head. Another idiot jackass. It seems to me that we always get a bad rap because of how idiots like that one make the news and the media seems to always oversensationalize things.

It's things like that make me ashamed to be an AB sometimes and I don't like being lumped in with pedos. I've already got enough shame from having a cousin who's registered as an offender here in Ohio and Georgia.

The media has always done that. I mean, look at all the media sensation that happened with the late Heidi Lynn in Phoenix. It's just the media oversensationalizing something. Plus, yeah, badly written article. That journalist could have done more homework and research before finalizing that article. Makes you wonder how some people get to be reporters.

WildThing121675

E

Elias

I propose a solution...

One of us here from ADISC needs to become extremely famous, and announce their *B/DLness to the world. That will either

a) Shine a positive light on one of many of the world's innocent fetishes...and or
b) Destroy the newly acquired fame. They end up right where they started!

We've got nothing to lose! :p

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think it's amazing that the reporter seems to know so little about adult babies. As far as the pedo statement, isn't it part of being a professional to dig a little deeper. Then she would know that there is no connection. One could just as easily have said the next time they have to chose a new Pope, "We're not quite sure if there is a connection between wanting to sexually molest children and wanting to be Pope!"

twtw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
As much as I'm not a fan of cops, they are mostly innocent in this regard. It's the reporter looking for a desperate story, that is the concern. Fear sells. I don't know if she did this deliberately, or was simply told to follow the cops and get a story.
And in other news: Some research indicates that sleeping on a busy rail line will result in death, but there is no way to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.