Another doctor another opinion

jasonm03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I see the neurologist tomorrow at 0830 at the VA hospital for my back pain let's see what he has to say. Spoke to the nurse this morning and she said doc wants to talk to me about my incontinence. My chart shows that they did 3 injections for back pain in April of 2018 when I started having bed wetting issues. Also neurologist has spoken to my urologist. Can't wait to see what he says tomorrow!!!

jasonm03 said:
I see the neurologist tomorrow at 0830 at the VA hospital for my back pain let's see what he has to say. Spoke to the nurse this morning and she said doc wants to talk to me about my incontinence. My chart shows that they did 3 injections for back pain in April of 2018 when I started having bed wetting issues. Also neurologist has spoken to my urologist. Can't wait to see what he says tomorrow!!!

Hi jasonm03

How did it go? Hope it wasn’t too stressful for you.

Did they find anything?

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Did a MRI will get the results on Monday will call me with them. Neurologist thinks nerve damage may be the cause of my incontinence. Also wants to check see it the discs have moved anymore from the last MRI. Glad this week is coming to a close, from the IBD, incontinence and back problems it’s been a crappy week of pain.

Sorry to hear that jasonm03. Hope this coming week is easier for you.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Nurse called at 0930 today and said doc wants to see me tomorrow at 0800 with the results of the mri. The last time results were given to me in person back surgery came a couple of months later usually scheduled that day for the future. My mind is racing with so many things going through it I’m sorta scared about getting the results not looking forward to months of rehab and a hospital stay

There good news is, the VA is actually working to improve things. I've spent what totals up to months at the VA hospital with my father. About a year and a half ago, things started changing from, you'll hear back in 2-3 mo, to well call you in a few days. It's a good change! Praying it's good, not bad news. Hang in there!

Last edited:
I Have some nerve damage to the S1 nerve which is causing part of my incontinence. I need back surgery for my slipped disc, it is pinching the nerves in my lower back. The IBD is also part of the equation. So IBS, OAB and nerve damage is my problem. I did have fun seeing my mri and having it explained to me, this was the first time in over 10 mri’s I got to see what they were talking about

Back