• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Another Diaper Fetish Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soren456

Something is real familiar about this. It's not new.

I think this is a study that was hijacked by diaper lovers, and the writer was too credulous to see it.

Essentially, the results are crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Interesting, but to be honest I didn't find it that suprising. Nice to know that some people do proper research relating to these sort of things though. I think some DL hijacking may have taken place - but also look at it logically. If someone has to wear diapers and is the right personality set to become a *B/DL they are more likely to do so. Also, they are more likely to be comfortable with diapers if they have to use them, even if they aren't *B/DL. To top it off, people don't like new things, so if they are used to wearing diapers, they might not want to try something new.

I would say that there might have been some DL hijacking as soren put it, but that there are a number of valid reasons for these results as well, with someone who wears diapers being more likely to be a *BDL one, but by no means the only, possible reason.

A

annierighthurr

:smile:

You mean a Deeker "survey."
Hahaha.

It's sad that the results are definitely skewed by ABDLs. I guess that's something that the researcher would never have taken into consideration, though.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
:bunny: This study done in 2002, regardless how skewed the results, suggest buying stock in companies that manufacture adult diapers may be a sure bet for the next few decades. Lots of people like the secure feeling diapers give them and don't want to give them up! :bunny:

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Bad Survey, Bad Conclusions

:educate:As a social scientist by profession, I can tell you that internet surveys are notorious for self-selection bias, and the sampling bias and validity issues, both internal and external are immeasurable. I'm surprised this study was published.

I suspect the results were skewed by AB/TB/DLs. Regardless though, the researcher draws an erroneous conclusion by stating that infantlisim and diaper fetishes should be considered a "cause" of incontinence. With the exception of those ABDLs who are incontinent or who purposefully lose control, voiding is voluntary, and therefore not incontinence. I doubt many ABDLs would present themselves to a doctor for treatment unless they derived sexual pleasure from so doing. This likewise does not constitute incontinence.

Status
Not open for further replies.